• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM AP Revision discussion Part 2

>City level calc was based on his called height which was considered to inconsistent to use. High 7-C was done with his canon height of 200m.

His canon height is 270m and it was explicitly stated he destroyed a city with a swing and another city by just landing on it. Large Town doesn't make sense. Moreover, there is no reason to assume A-City is significantly larger, if at all, than other cities.

Didn't he fight the demons before becoming the half-monster that fought Dragon levels?

If you feel this way though, then I recommend the webcomic. In my opinion, it handles the MA saga so much better, like the Garou vs Rover fight.

@Qawsdef

I agree with the changes.

Garou is Dragon because of his skill on top of being a well rounder. Bug God has above average durability among demons and shouldn't be treated as the norm. Also Garou during the fight against Bug God and RR just entered Dragon level. Moreover, ONE and Murata seem to care a bit more about the components of durability such as toughness, hardness, and strength, which is why when characters punch Darkshine and Bug God it hurts, but when characters punch Saitama it doesn't hurt.

I think we should get off this topic now, one of accepting the revisions at hand. The thread only has 11 or 12 comments to go, depending on 500 or over 500 being max.

At which point? Post Elder Centipede is when Garou officially became Dragon, he took down TTM, went toe to toe with a Dragon killer, Metal Bat, survived WDM, and then survived a series of battles from A-Class to 3 S Class level characters. Garou definitely deserved the rating post Elder Centipede. Afterwards Garou was on par with two demons at once, then three demons at once. Then he fought three Dragons back to back, Garou is definitely Dragon.

Back on topic, here are my disagreements summarized.

Silverfang and by scaling Bomb should be At Least Large Town because of oneshotting Dragons.

Beefcake should be City level.

Spartan1204 said:
At which point? Post Elder Centipede is when Garou officially became Dragon, he took down TTM, went toe to toe with a Dragon killer, Metal Bat, survived WDM, and then survived a series of battles from A-Class to 3 S Class level characters. Garou definitely deserved the rating post Elder Centipede. Afterwards Garou was on par with two demons at once, then three demons at once. Then he fought three Dragons back to back, Garou is definitely Dragon.
Back on topic, here are my disagreements summarized.

Silverfang and by scaling Bomb should be At Least Large Town because of oneshotting Dragons.

Beefcake should be City level.
TTM is physically equal who genos who's recent webcomic upogrades claim to be dragon, who was beating Garou by himself before bang and bomb showed up.

Matal bat was a bat matchup because garou just dodged everything, but would have gotten one shotted had he landed a blow.

He survived WDM playing with him, not that impressive.

> Silverfang and by scaling Bomb should be At Least Large Town because of oneshotting Dragons.

There's no justification for that, as mentioned earlier

> His canon height is 270m and it was explicitly stated he destroyed a city with a swing and another city by just landing on it. Large Town doesn't make sense. Moreover, there is no reason to assume A-City is significantly larger, if at all, than other cities.

A-City has a statement suggesting its 20-40 kilometers in diameter. On the other hand B and D city were visibly only a few kilometers in length.

Also to use IRL examples. Almost every nuclear bomb currently in service wpuld be rated High 7-C. The Little Boy and the Fat Man also demolished a larg portion of two cities despite only being 7-C. Destroying a city doesn't gurentee a 7-B rating

The current scaling chain for High 7-C is this:

Choze (bit above baseline) < MA Dragons including base Fuhrer Ugly <<< Fuhrer Ugly's powered up state <<< Severely weakened Bang <<< Bang < Bomb.

One '<' indicates superiority, three of them indicates a one-shot/significant gap in power. I don't think this scaling chain is enough to grant Bang or Bomb more than High 7-C. However, people that scale above them (Homeless Emperor in AP, Rover, Golden Sperm and Orochi) should be Low 7-B imo

Bang wasn't weaker though. In fact he was going 100% for the final time by using release.

Back