• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ONE's statement about who would win between Tatsumaki and Mob

SpookyShadow said:
It's half of entire statement so I'm giving it importance. If the second translation with "usually wins against Mob" is correct then it means he even has wincons in his earlier forms.
Given how this gives ???% Mob his tier and is used in Speed and Lifting Strength for Tatsumaki, I don't see how that matters.

Ryukama said:
If characters like Regular Mob or Golden Sperm would definitively and without doubt lose to her, him stating that Serious Mob is uncertain is clearly him saying that Serious Mob's power is at a point where it makes it uncertain if she can beat him. Which clearly means at bare minimum he's on par with her. If he was significantly outclassed by her, he'd certainly lose, just like other characters who were stated to certainly lose to her.
Well, no, an author being uncertain (in this case just saying "there is no answer") doesn't "clearly" mean comparable power, let alone Speed and Lifting Strength as well. Anyone can see massive power gaps between characters, ONE here just didn't answer a question he didn't know about.

Also if we can go ove the actual points made here and not things like the Garou vs Boros statement or other unrelated things then that would be practical.

Edit: Really tho, I literally had to made a worst version of my points above as I had to say then again. Because those weren't taken into account. Not trying to be rude or anything here.

Eficiente said:
Well, no, an author being uncertain (in this case just saying "there is no answer") doesn't "clearly" mean comparable power, let alone Speed and Lifting Strength as well. Anyone can see massive power gaps between characters, ONE here just didn't answer a question he didn't know about.
How is it that ONE definitively knows Tatsumaki would beat a Regular Mob and Golden Sperm, yet he doesn't know if she'd beat Serious Mob? Especially if Mob is thousands of times weaker like you claim? Wouldn't it be pretty obvious that Tatsumaki beats him then? Especially when it's obvious that she beats Regular Mob and Golden Sperm?

Or again. There is absolutely zero doubt that Tatsumaki could effortlessly overpower Boros's shells. For it to be uncertain if she can overpower Mob obviously means he's a greater challenge (or at the very least 1/3 the challenge). It's just basic powerscaling.

Massive power gap? Mob is a Tier 7 by merely walking yet he can't be a Tier 6 when he's giving it his all? Hell Garou's best direct AP feat is him smashing some boulders, yet we're scaling him to a Multi-Continental characer due to a ONE statement that is phrased in pretty much the exact same way as this statement is.

SpookyShadow said:
I don't remember something like that honestly

• Do not pester or harass the authors of various works on social media about versus debating or character statistics. They are often bombarded by numerous questions from fans, and thus are rarely interested in giving a serious response. In addition, the statements they give to appease users are often contradictory to the feats in the stories of the works they have written. Thus it is frowned upon to bother them over these topics.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Site_Rules

The rule was made cause some wiki users kept spamming Hideki Kamiya, Alex Hirsch and Rick and Morty writers with VS debate questions. But either way no one here can contact ONE, and he already answered this question. Really no point in discussing that.

"Massive power gaps" was aimed at Regular Mob vs Tatsumaki, not Tatsumaki vs Serious Mob. Anyone can see a High 6-C beating a 9-A/High 8-C. But having this level of knowledge doesn't automatically mean reliability on indexing stats. Let alone "there is no answer" would mean that 2 characters are equal in AP, speed and Lifting Strength. Obviously I didn't claim Serious Mob to be housands of times weaker for the same reasons.

If I had to ask random people who would win in a fight between 2 characters and gave them vast knowledge of their feats, the answer they could give may be entirely inaccurate, they could easily & completely fail to do basic powerscaling and say that the characters are equal in ways in which they aren't. Which most people do anyway.

Eficiente said:
"Massive power gaps" was aimed at Regular Mob vs Tatsumaki, not Tatsumaki vs Serious Mob. Anyone can see a High 6-C beating a 9-A/High 8-C.
You're proving my point. You say "Anyone can see massive power gaps." But guess what? ONE didn't see a massive power gap between Serious Mob and Tatsumaki. So there is none. If there was a massive power gap, then ONE "or anyone" could see that and say she beats him. Just like ONE clearly said she beats Regular Mob and Golden Sperm.

Eficiente said:
Obviously I didn't claim Serious Mob to be housands of times weaker for the same reasons.
By wanting to downgrade him back to 7-B and saying the statement is invalid, you absolutely are claiming that. But again, you said "anyone can see a massive power gap." So why didn't ONE see this supposed gap in the thousands of times?

Eficiente said:
If I had to ask random people
Good thing we aren't asking random people. We're asking the guy who literally wrote these characters and every single feat they've ever done. Yet he doesn't know who'd win between Serious Mob and Tatsu, despite having a clear idea of Tatsu beating Regular Mob and Golden Sperm. And despite having Tatsu effortlessly and with zero doubt overpower Boros's shells, how is it uncertain she'd overpower Mob despite him supposedly being thousands of times weaker than those shells?

Also again this statement is identical to the Garou vs Boros one. So are you going to try to downgrade Garou after this?

Ryukama said:
You're proving my point. You say "Anyone can see massive power gaps." Well guess what? ONE didn't see a massive power gap between Serious Mob and Tatsumaki. So there is none. If there was a massive power gap, then ONE "or anyone" could see that and say she beats him. Just like ONE clearly said she beats Regular Mob and Golden Sperm.
No, I didn't, you're using a slippery slope falllacy. Your point aims to do a more complicated thing here, which is affirming Serious Mob and Tatsumaki to be comparable in AP, Speed and Lifting Strength. Many verses have low-tiers who are around human and superhuman level but they can't completely annihilate a building in one attack, and then a bunch of other characters with diverse power levels, noticing that one of the latter can beat one of the first 2 should by all means be allowed to be claimed as something anyone can do. Which is term means nothing when talking about the characters with the higher power levels, as in, anyone can tell that the tier 9 guys in the MCU would lose to the tier 7 & below guys, but between those who knows who beats who, even if they are also massive power gaps between them.

Ryukama said:
Eficiente said:
Obviously I didn't claim Serious Mob to be housands of times weaker for the same reasons.
By wanting to downgrade him back to 7-B and saying the statement is invalid, you absolutely are claiming that. But again, you said "anyone can see a massive power gap." So why didn't ONE see this supposed gap in the thousands of times?
It's not really the same in context but it doesn't really matter.

Ryukama said:
Good thing we aren't asking random people. We're asking the guy who literally wrote these characters and every single feat they've ever done. Yet he doesn't know who'd win between Serious Mob and Tatsu, despite having a clear idea of Tatsu beating Regular Mob and Golden Sperm. And despite having Tatsu effortlessly and with zero doubt overpower Boros's shells, how is it uncertain she'd overpower Mob despite him supposedly being thousands of times weaker than those shells?
Yes, but

• He's not making the planning and thought process he does when writing his stories, he's being asked something random and he's answering that right at the same moment.
  • We don't need to expect him to know "every single feat they've ever done" in a way that matters to us, what we can expect him to know are completely different things.
  • There are still 2 different verses so we can't even expect him to think about power levels and stats between the characters there.
Ryukama said:
Also again this statement is identical to the Garou vs Boros one. So are you going to try to downgrade Garou after this?
No. I could point out a lot of reasons as to why, but this statement is quite different.

Esper powers are literally almost all about lifting strength. That's what I'll add to this wall of text.

Ryu, I'm leaving it to you rn.

1. It's not a slippery slope fallacy. I don't even know where you're getting that from. The fact is that you yourself said that ONE and anyone can see a massive power gap between characters. Yet ONE did not see a massive power gap between Serious Mob and Tatsu. Meaning that there isn't a massive power gap between them.

2. The fact that their fight is uncertain would at least mean comparable strength and speed, or else one could blitz and/or one shot the other. They use raw power as opposed to weird hax, so naturally that's the factor that determines the fight.

3. Do you want to downgrade Mob back to Tier 7? If yes, then you are claiming Mob is thousands of times weaker than Tatsu. If no, then why are you even bothering with this thread?

4. ONE is the author of these stories and nothing in the series contradicts this statement. (Mob merely walking not being on the level of Tatsu level isn't a contradiction to his full power being on her level. Especially if you want to claim it's fine for Garou to scale to a Multi-Continental character when his best direct AP feat is smashing boulders). And all those bulletpoints you said about "well maybe ONE was just wrong!" can fully apply to Boros vs Garou. But for whatever reason you insist to accept this statement. And yeah they pretty much are identical. In one statement, ONE says Garou prior loses but he doesn't know who'd win once he's a near perfect monster. In the other, ONE says Mob prior loses but he doesn't know who'd win once he's serious.

Most of all, the fact that it's uncertain if Tatsu is capable of overpowering Mob obviously means he's a greater challenge to overpower than those shells, which Tatsu did effortlessly with there being absolutely zero doubt she could do it. Or heck if that's too lenient on you, let's just lowball and say Mob is 1/3 the shells. That'd still make him High 6-C. But saying he's thousands of times weaker is ridiculous. If he was, then why on earth wasn't it blatantly clear he that he loses? Especially when, in this exact same interview, ONE has made it clear when other characters lose to her. Especially when YOU YOURSELF said "anyone can see massive power gaps between characters." So then why is it that it's uncertain whether or not Tatsu can overpower someone thousands of times weaker than what she overpowered with no effort?

I feel the need to point out that, in the case of Boros Vs Garo, the latter actually fought Saitama and did better than Boros (Going by OPM wiki), so that one statement is actually supported in-verse.

Even with that, the gap between Low 7-B to High 6-C is 100000x (At least 372000x going by Tats' casual feat).

The one I said 3 times lmao, the statement compasiron.

Overall I agree with Ryukama but I feel that using ONE's WoG on Boros vs Garou fight and comparing it to ONE's WoG on Tatsumaki vs Mob to make a point is sort of misleading since it doesn't acknowledge the Webcomic and Manga feats being almost entirely different and Garou has more logic behind his scaling to Boros rating besides the WoG statement. Webcomic Garou's feats are vastly superior to Webcomic Boros' feats so since the profiles are composite Garou would naturally scale based off his fight with Saitama also, Murata stating Saitama vs Garou will be on a bigger scale than Boros vs Saitama adds more to the validity of Garou and Boros being comparable Actually it's more proof of Garou > Boros amiright?. Although it's just Murata's word, I wouldn't write it off considering the increase in overall feats the series has been getting in recent chapters, Murata acknowledging ONE's original statement on Garou vs Boros, and Murata being the one who you know....draws the feats. With this in mind, it's easy to see why ONE's comment on Boros vs Garou more acceptable and considered valid over ONE's comment on Tatsumaki vs Mob. Once again, I still agree with Ryu for now but I just had to say this.

Epic@ Is that calc even accepted?

Die@ My only problem with Ryu's argument is the idea that ONE knows the power level of his characters without error, so I may ask if he is inconsistent with power of said characters in the story...

But who I am the first place to judge what is and not incorrect.

@Dienomite Even if you think Garou has better feats, that doesn't invalidate my argument. Instead of "You guys scale Garou to Boros based on WoG despite Boros having way better feats so why is doing so with Mob wrong" it's "You guys are scaling Boros to Garou based on WoG despite Garou having way better feats, so why is doing so with Mob wrong". The role of Boros and Garou is switched but the core argument stays the same.

@Newendigo What Cropfist said. Also this WoG statement has zero contradictions. If you want to go "maybe ONE was wrong so let's not count it" then at least be consistent and support a Garou downgrade. His rating is based on the same sort of WoG.

I quit don't understand what Crop means tbh.

Also, 4x, the core of my argument is not about whether or not Garo has comparable feats with Boros to scale, is that he scales to Saitama who Boros scales, that supports BoroVGaro statement likelihood and viceversa.

That is difference, one is supported by some basic power scaling in-universe, the other is a guess that ends with doutb. And I was asking if ONE could be inconsistent with the strength of the characters, just to be sure if we should take his word as a fact.

Garou doesn't scale to Saitama. No one scales to Saitama. That's literally the entire point of the series. He only "did well" cause Saitama humored him and didn't have killing intent. Saitama could've instantly and effortlessly ended it whenever he wanted. Same with Boros. The only actual thing supporting them being on par is ONE's statement.

Boros and Garou never meet or are compared to each other in the series, so outside ONE's statement there's no in series powerscaling regarding this matter. Their feats are drastically different as well. Howeverwe have a WoG statement that nothing contradicts, so we accept it. Same with Mob. Also your "oh well it's just a guess", "maybe ONE was wrong", or "his word isn't fact" gripes could all be said about the Boros vs Garou statement. However the position against Mob scaling has a blatant double standard regarding these statements. Even when the statements are phrased identically and have the same amount of in series support, only one receives such immense scrutiny.

Newendigo said:
I quit don't understand what Crop means tbh.
"This guy is island level" is a fixed, limited statement because their established power border is island level.

"This guy is as strong as that guy" is not as fixed because it does not establish their power as a specific level. It is not a measurement of their power, it is a comparison of their power.

Newendigo said:
That is difference, one is supported by some basic power scaling in-universe, the other is a guess that ends with doutb. And I was asking if ONE could be inconsistent with the strength of the characters, just to be sure if we should take his word as a fact.
ONE cares about scaling a lot. He even changed the fight with Elder Centipede because the original version would mess up the scaling. From the November 2017 stream

https://onepunchman.fandom.com/wiki/Interviews/Stream_Q/A_3

"Murata said he will send the sketches to ONE, awaiting approval and lines. He later updates on stream and said ONE is happy with the changes. ONE particularly likes the molting/evolving idea, said he had been trying to come up with a way to address the power imbalance for almost 2 days"

Same here with me careing about scaleing in my story yet I have no idea how strong they are exactly without calcs and I can only guess

He maybe didnt know how strong the bulets are and thinks both of them makeing an erthqeakes are inpresive?

Back