• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Sage Centipede Upgrade

Okay, everything in the first blog is fixed now math-wise and I'm pretty sure logic-wise as well, so all thats left now is discussing the logic of the KE calc and who scales to it.

Okay, everything in the first blog is fixed now math-wise and I'm pretty sure logic-wise as well, so all thats left now is discussing the logic of the KE calc and who scales to it.
The first calc doesn't look fixed to me.

Since all the issues brought up have been resolved with the calc still being accepted, and Damage hasn't elaborated despite it being 4 days, is it okay for me to apply this?
Well not really. Since you would need to prove that someone can dead on full stop SC's full KE to scale anyone to that value. The reason the current calc exists is because they only stopped its rotation speed rather than full body forward momentum.

Damage hasn't elaborated despite it being 4 days, is it okay for me to apply this
Well if its the first calc its because the speed should be different I think. The speed isn't a centipede's running speed but the bite speed of its mandibles.

Well not really. Since you would need to prove that someone can dead on full stop SC's full KE to scale anyone to that value. The reason the current calc exists is because they only stopped its rotation speed rather than full body forward momentum.
This calc wasn't based off of the Drill. It's based on regular motion.

Since Sage Centipede is essentially just a larger version of Elder Centipede, noted by Garou and they even extremely similar attacks, someone could scale to the KE by preforming something like this.

IIRC, no one has done anything like that to Sage Centipede, so they wouldn't scale to his KE value. Since this is primarily a thread to upgrade Elder Centipede, Garou and Metal Bat not scaling is not really an issue.

Sage's durability also doesn't scale to its KE?
Afaik KE for big things doesn't need to scale to durability theoretically. Since they could just never experience recoil.
Since Sage Centipede is essentially just a larger version of Elder Centipede, noted by Garou and they even extremely similar attacks, someone could scale to the KE by preforming something like this.
Garou and MB never did anything like that though.

You are correct that in that case Bang and Bomb would scale to EC's KE though.
It's based on regular motion.
I know and I'm saying they never full stop its regular motion outside of the drill, where SC still was moving forward.

Garou and MB never did anything like that though.
page_41.png

page_42-43.png

Shouldn't Garou also scale by virtue of cutting Sage's entire body in half?
He didn't stop SC's KE, he would only scale if we say SC's durability is High 6-A but that was rejected last time this happened.

He didn't stop SC's KE, he would only scale if we say SC's durability is High 6-A but that was rejected last time this happened.
Why would Sage's durability not scale to his KE? He can endure just fine his own body crashing several times against the ground

And Garou did stop Sage since the centipede was still mid-movement trying to reach his core

Why isn't surface area taken into consideration, like, EVER? The reason why a car doesn't explode you on contact when you're ran over is due to how little of it's total KE you take.

Why isn't surface area taken into consideration, like, EVER?
Oh yeah. I keep forgetting about that. So yeah you're right, just because it has High 6-A KE doesn't mean it needs High 6-A durability.

I mean we go from I guess kilometers above the clouds to outright outside of the atmosphere so he definitely moved after catching it
page_09.png

page_18-19.png

Hmm, I thought that's just perspective but let's see others opinions. If SC did indeed move after catching the core, Garou could scale to its KE.

Back