• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Psykorochi Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done.

Even though the AP gap between Psykorochi's value and baseline Moon level is 1.51583762x (we usually upscale at around 1.3x), Tatsumaki should be able to upscale considering how casually and easily she one-shot Psykorochi.
If we upscale from 1.3X and their difference is 1.5X, we shouldn't upscale, and making exceptions just because creates a terrible precendent

If we upscale from 1.3X and their difference is 1.5X, we shouldn't upscale, and making exceptions just because creates a terrible precendent
That's for normal upscaling, which is usually when a character is clearly more powerful than another character, but not necessarily by a whole bunch.

A weakened, near-death, fatigued Tatsumaki effortlessly one-shot Psykorochi. 1.5x should be enough for a possibly rating at the very least.

That's for normal upscaling, which is usually when a character is clearly more powerful than another character, but not necessarily by a whole bunch.

A weakened, near-death, fatigued Tatsumaki effortlessly one-shot Psykorochi. 1.5x should be enough for a possibly rating at the very least.
That's still a push, I know your reasons and I'm not saying they are wrong, but if we have rules for upscaling then we must follow them or create a separate CRT to allow what we think it should be allowed

You say a few factors to help an upscaling beyond 1.3X, that makes this thread a precedent to others start arguing for 1.4X upscaling, 1.6X upscaling, basing on different scalings and situations, the rule for 1.3X was literally created to avoid such thing

My take ? Make Psykos High 6-A+, leave Tatsumaki at "At least High 6-A+, likely Higher" or something, and talk about factors changing the upscaling method on a CRT to allow its logic to be applied on every verse, instead of creating a precendent here and leave it for endless debate, it will be far more useful to us now and in the future

I mean for Akame Ga Kill, Esdeath was upscaled to Baseline High 6-C+ (550 Gigatons) for effortless one-shotting someone who easily destroyed a mech who was in a form far above its 381.03 gigaton base, a 1.44x multiplier.

(Base Esdeath >> Tyrant Tatsumi >> Purge Shikoutazer >> Base Shikoutazer >> 381.03 gigatons)

Here’s the exact quote of the standard, which you can find on this page.
It is possible for a character who is depicted as vastly superior to another in a statistic to be placed in a tier above the other, given that the other character is close to the the next tier. However, this ultimately needs to be decided through case-by-case analysis.

I mean for Akame Ga Kill, Esdeath was upscaled to Baseline High 6-C+ (550 Gigatons) for effortless one-shotting someone who easily destroyed a mech who was in a form far above its 381.03 gigaton base, a 1.44x multiplier.

(Base Esdeath >> Tyrant Tatsumi >> Purge Shikoutazer >> Base Shikoutazer >> 381.03 gigatons)
Here’s the exact quote of the standard, which you can find on this page.
Wait, what!? I thought the upscaling multiplier was x1.25!? I am pretty sure that somebody told me that the multiplier was x1.25... But then again, I think they only said that since I thought the multiplier was x1.3-1.4 or smth... Man, there really should be an official multipler for upscaling.

Wait, what!? I thought the upscaling multiplier was x1.25!? I am pretty sure that somebody told me that the multiplier was x1.25... But then again, I think they only said that since I thought the multiplier was x1.3-1.4 or smth... Man, there really should be an official multipler for upscaling.
Nobody could agree on an official multipler in the thread that decided the upscaling standards, so it’s just a case-by-case basis.

Thank you for telling, although, now... I am honestly curious if any of the Jojo folks have tried to upscale certain characters to 8-B via what you are talking about...

Do it yourself, Bucko! ... Btw, what is the current status of this CRT? Anything else to talk about or just waiting for more staff input?

I'm saying something like "5-C (Much stronger than Psykos)" isn't a proper explanation for rating her as baseline in the next tier.

I'm saying something like "5-C (Much stronger than Psykos)" isn't a proper explanation for rating her as baseline in the next tier.
Would her current justification not work?

Actually, Fused Psykos should be listed as Multi-Continent level physically (Stronger than Orochi), Multi-Continent level+ with powers/beams/whatever
Can you handle that? I'm pretty tired and I wouldn't be able to do it until tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back