• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Psykorochi Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also just putting this out, but Psykrochi's physicals would remain At least High 6-A. Due to her Low 5-B feat coming from her psychic powers.

Sorta like when Orochi was still High 6-C and Psykorochi's physiicals were still high 6-C then
shouldnt psykorochi's durability = attack potency?
since tk is used for both

Well if an arbitrary assumption of a calc ends up being impossible, then in a case like that the calc would be altered to make sense right?

By the way can someone explain a little more of the context for the feat? Does the value come from what it takes to launch the continent like that, or is it the energy from it falling down?

I'm unsure, but I know that "forcing" elements like timeframe, speed or something related to the calc just to make it seem more acceptable isn't allowed, the calc is what it is, being accepted or not
Using a timeframe that gives a speed beyond escaping velocity is an assumption

Using a timeframe that gives a speed below escaping velocity is also an assumption

I personally see no difference

Does the value come from what it takes to launch the continent like that
The KE value in the scene is from launching the mass upwards.

Using a timeframe that gives a speed below escaping velocity is also an assumption
Afaik with that nothing changes. Since at 11 km/s the energy is 10^28 which is just a higher level of High 6-A.

Reactions: Sus
Using a timeframe that gives a speed beyond escaping velocity is an assumption

I personally see no difference
You say that as if all assumptions are equally valid, some are better than others, depends on which feat

The timeframe used on the calc was also accepted for the beam's speed on a different calc, therefore assuming a different one must first change the other calc and then see if both make sense

Guys, a continental slab falling down from 2 meters would annihilate most of the planet...I don't actually see the issue with KE here.

No.

As for the calc I thought we rejected KE forever ago because it broke physics for this scene (and therefore our rules regarding KE calcs). The tectonic plate under the OP's calc is moving well past escape velocity but stopped and immediately crashed down. It also crashed down with nowhere near the energy as the calc implies.

EDIT: Should also mention the art for the scene is massively inconsistent. In the following pages you can actually compare the plate to clouds and the the surface of the ocean.
Question. Why doesn't this same problem apply to PE as well? Feels absurd to say we should only do this for KE and not PE as well.

The plate impacts the earth, there is no way around that at the least. And the energy of that plate, PE or KE, doesn't match the destruction it causes at all.

Also I don't think the cloud shots should be used as a reasoning for a smaller size. An author not understand the scale of something is fine. Since we clearly get a detailed shot of how it compares to the size of the planet from space. Which I think is the most accurate size of the attack.

An author not understand the scale of something is fine.
So you're saying the author doesn't understand scale, but also drew his drawing to scale earlier? Why couldn't it be the other way around? That murata accidently drew it far higher than intended. It only be lifted a couple kilometers fits better with everything else anyways, the water rushing down, the clouds and the impact itself.
Question. Why doesn't this same problem apply to PE as well?
It probably should, but KE is the only one with an explicitly called out ruling regarding calc vs actual impact in the medium.

So you're saying the author doesn't understand scale, but also drew his drawing to scale earlier? Why couldn't it be the other way around? That murata accidently drew it far higher than intended. It only be lifted a couple kilometers fits better with everything else anyways, the water rushing down, the clouds and the impact itself.
Because the more detailed shot is far more likely to focus on accuracy. Since it was clearly meant to show off the size of the slice

However I think such a rule should even apply to PE as well.

Are you suggesting to ignore the feat as if it doesn't exist? Or do you have a suggestion on how to calculate it?

Guys I really don't think KE is that bad of an idea here. Although maybe we could wait until OPM Season 3 to see if they show this feat and use that speed instead.

i dont really see any problem with KE here.
trying to find 100% accuracy in the painels wont change anything for me

Are you suggesting to ignore the feat as if it doesn't exist? Or do you have a suggestion on how to calculate it?
I'm saying if we were to calc it, we'd either need to use a sub-escape velocity number or use the later shots to get the distance lifted.

As an example Naruto basically had to get rid of all of their Toneri moon calcs for the exact same reason, the moon in every other shot did not match the initial distance. So they had to go with subsequent distances and later on just went with something else iirc.

I'm saying if we were to calc it, we'd either need to use a sub-escape velocity number or use the later shots to get the distance lifted.

As an example Naruto basically had to get rid of all of their Toneri moon calcs for the exact same reason, the moon in every other shot did not match the initial distance. So they had to go with subsequent distances and later on just went with something else iirc.
I do agree that it cannot be going faster than escape velocity for obvious reasons. It wouldn't fall back down in that case and we have no reason to assume Torando or Psykorochi stopped the plate from flying off the planet.

I do agree that it cannot be going faster than escape velocity for obvious reasons. It wouldn't fall back down in that case and we have no reason to assume Torando or Psykorochi stopped the plate from flying off the planet.
I think we're all forgetting air resistance. The escape velocity calculation for Earth ignores this most because these are areodynamic rockets being constantly proppeled upwards, but for something as wide as a whole continent, air resistance could 100% affect escape velocity. I don't know what equation we'd use to account for this though.

Edit: Just using escape velocity gets 18 exatons of tnt.

I think we're all forgetting air resistance. The escape velocity calculation for Earth ignores this most because these are areodynamic rockets being constantly proppeled upwards, but for something as wide as a whole continent, air resistance could 100% affect escape velocity. I don't know what equation we'd use to account for this though.

Edit: Just using escape velocity gets 18 exatons of tnt.
interesting
thoughts?

Done.

Even though the AP gap between Psykorochi's value and baseline Moon level is 1.51583762x (we usually upscale at around 1.3x), Tatsumaki should be able to upscale considering how casually and easily she one-shot Psykorochi.

Dunno if we allow upscaling if its only one tier. Though even if we don't she's still probably warrants a possibly or likely 5-C rating.

Once again I think faster than I type.

What i mean is that I don't know if we upscale when there's only one tier of upscaling.

Pretty sure if you’re 0.00001% off the exact upscale value then it’s not allowed
I know this because of the funny Jotaro scaling chain with like 5 one shots but he’s like 30% away from upscaling so he can’t be 8-B
as for what the exact value is, I have no idea

A "possibly 5-C" for Tatsumaki for one shotting Psykorochi once she got serious should at least be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back