• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: King CRT

Recon1511

He/Him
King:
For such a major supporting character, his profile is just awful and outdated citing things that happened in the webcomic but not the manga continuity:

Powers and Abilities: Passive Social Influencing (Maintains his image as an S Class Hero even though he is just a normal human. King's name and rumored feats cause others to be intimidated by him in fear or awe of his capabilities, to such an extent that people will make irrational leaps in logic just due to false beliefs of his power, causing extremely arrogant people to respect him and comply with his decisions or making monsters die from fear. In many of these instances King doesn't even need to speak, or speaks in a way that has unintentional results. Additionally, King has a somewhat intimidating appearance despite his weakness)

Attack Potency: Human level (Despite having a naturally large physique, he never works out and is just an average human. His power level was too low to be measured by Child Emperor despite him being able to rate a regular Hero Association staff member. However, the scanner can be somewhat inconsistent)

Intelligence: Above Average (Has managed to hide his truth as a powerless individual from the entire Hero Associatiom. Defeated 30 people back to back in a fighting videogame, one of them being a former professional e-sports player)

Standard Tactics: King will never make the first attack due to his cowardice. He relies entirely on his intimidating appearance, his King Engine, reputation or sheer luck in most cases.

Weaknesses: None notable.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• King Style (キング流, Kingu-ryū): While his intimidating appearance and presence usually scares off potential opponents, King has to rely on this style if his opponents aren't scared and are still ready to fight. It is not a fighting style in the traditional sense. King mostly bluffs himself out of battles or just runs away. King is highly skilled in bluffing, which makes his opponents think he is formidable, sometimes even rendering them unable to perform techniques against him. His frightening aura was so powerful, King managed to literally scare a monster to death.
  • King Engine (キングエンジン, Kingu Enjin): Its a rumbling sound that others claim to hear when King readies for battle or when he is generally serious. The sound has a formidable impact on his opponent's psyche. In reality, it is simply the sound of King's heart beating rapidly and loudly from fear, anxiety, or other uneasiness. Because of King's intimidating visage and reputation, it is mistaken for bloodlust.
  • King Face (キングフェイス, Kingu Feisu): King's intimidating facial expression, which scares off Villains and Mysterious Beings.
  • King Hand (キングハンド, Kingu Hando): King places his hand on the shoulder of his opponent in order to intimidate them even more.
  • King Brain: King has a powerful skill that allows him to instantly think of and simulate strategies.
  • Super Catch: King supposedly has a technique that allows him to catch heavy weights such as a large group of people, but he claims not to want to use it for the injured heroes as the shockwaves he produces will aggravate their injuries.
    Super Sparking King Mode (SSK) (スーパースパーキングキングモード (SSK (エスエスケー)), Sūpā Supākingu Kingu Mōdo (Esu-Esu-Kē)): A supposed powered-up form of King's mentioned by Child Emperor that increases his abilities and powers.
  • Ultimate Hellfire Burst Wave Motion Cannon (煉獄無双爆熱波動砲, Rengoku Musō Bakunetsu Hadō-hō): One of King's bluff techniques, which he obviously doesn't know. Child Emperor refers to this move as King's limited-time secret killer move. He is simply shouting its name loudly to intimidate his opponents. It appears to be an incredibly powerful energy blast in Child Emperor's imagination, which can visibly be seen from outer space upon unleashing. The "technique" seems to be well-known within the Hero Association, as Child Emperor demanded King to use it in order to defeat the Dragon-level Monster Association members. When he attempted this technique as a last resort, it was seemingly powerful enough to defeat Platinum Sperm and Evil Natural Water in a split-second, validating King's legend. However, in reality, it was actually Garou's sudden arrival that repelled those two powerful monsters, facading King's supposedly killer move.

Last edited:
I'd argue it's not even worth having the profile, since his moves are partially imaginary/based around video games and Human level is kind of debatable for an average person.

I'd argue it's not even worth having the profile, since his moves are partially imaginary/based around video games and Human level is kind of debatable for an average person.
I dunno, there could be fun matches where his social influencing can get him a win and also we have profiles for every other S class, not having King just feels wrong

Human Level is just fine I think, he isn't fit and below average in some aspects but nothing outrageous...

I disagree with supernatural luck, there needs to be some lore based reason for why they are so lucky to qualify for that. I would just call that. I would just call that good luck given that there have been discussions agreed by staff that a character being famous/infamous for having a lot of luck is not enough to qualify as supernatural luck and that a character either needs passive probability manipulation or some magic spell that increases luck to qualify.

Everything else looks fine. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with the King profile. His social influencing is consistently shown to be useful in battle. Also, 10-B also seems accurate; he may look 10-C within the context of OPM given that most average humans in the OPM universe are like 9-B, and he still has his share of 10-B feats; he can do like at least one push up or lift an object his own body weight, but can't even go through an average PE exercise routine. But I guess low stamina might be a possibility.

I disagree with supernatural luck, there needs to be some lore based reason for why they are so lucky to qualify for that. I would just call that. I would just call that good luck given that there have been discussions agreed by staff that a character being famous/infamous for having a lot of luck is not enough to qualify as supernatural luck and that a character either needs passive probability manipulation or some magic spell that increases luck to qualify.

Everything else looks fine. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with the King profile. His social influencing is consistently shown to be useful in battle. Also, 10-B also seems accurate; he may look 10-C within the context of OPM given that most average humans in the OPM universe are like 9-B, and he still has his share of 10-B feats; he can do like at least one push up or lift an object his own body weight, but can't even go through an average PE exercise routine. But I guess low stamina might be a possibility.
Oh I do disagree with Supernatural Luck too, especially because he straight up died in an alternate timeline but I do think that it should be stated that he is kinda lucky on his profile somewhere but I dunno how to word it.

My issue with some of the stuff in the profile is that it uses a lot of things from the webcomic, which at this point is a completely separate thing from the manga.

King didn’t actually need to use his social influencing to become S class, so something like “Maintains his image as an S class hero even though he is a normal human.” might fit better there

Oh I do disagree with Supernatural Luck too, especially because he straight up died in an alternate timeline but I do think that it should be stated that he is kinda lucky on his profile somewhere but I dunno how to word it.

My issue with some of the stuff in the profile is that it uses a lot of things from the webcomic, which at this point is a completely separate thing from the manga.
I mean alternate timeline doesn't exist so technically speaking he could just have multiversal range luck hax that accounts for that
anyways without supernatural luck the profile is just so useless it should be removed, and it's not like he's very charismatic or anything, all his "social influencing" feats are directly caused by his supernatural luck to begin with, otherwise they would have never been effective
limited radiation resistance is also completely false. He did not take that well at all, we literally only see one panel of him, in which he got completely folded, and we have no idea how far away he was from garou anyways so it could have just been slower acting from that distance.

what I'm saying is, without supernatural luck, he's literally just a normal human with absolutely 0 real abilities whatsoever, so we either keep supernatural luck, which is his most key character trait and literally is involved in every interaction with almost every hero and every fight he's been in, or remove his profile completely

I mean alternate timeline doesn't exist so technically speaking he could just have multiversal range luck hax that accounts for that
anyways without supernatural luck the profile is just so useless it should be removed, and it's not like he's very charismatic or anything, all his "social influencing" feats are directly caused by his supernatural luck to begin with, otherwise they would have never been effective
limited radiation resistance is also completely false. He did not take that well at all, we literally only see one panel of him, in which he got completely folded, and we have no idea how far away he was from garou anyways so it could have just been slower acting from that distance.

what I'm saying is, without supernatural luck, he's literally just a normal human with absolutely 0 real abilities whatsoever, so we either keep supernatural luck, which is his most key character trait and literally is involved in every interaction with almost every hero and every fight he's been in, or remove his profile completely
Literally everything you have said about his supernatural luck is headcanon at best lol

Yes, we see one panel and we can observe that he has moved to cover the esper sisters from the acid rain with his jacket and body while the rest of the people there had already completeoy collapsed and died, the only other exceptions being Bang and Flashy.

It doesn't need to be removed lmao, he is a average human with busted social influencing and reputation, that definitely can be still used in versus matches

Literally everything you have said about his supernatural luck is headcanon at best lol

Yes, we see one panel and we can observe that he has moved to cover the esper sisters from the acid rain with his jacket and body while the rest of the people there had already completeoy collapsed and died, the only other exceptions being Bang and Flashy.

It doesn't need to be removed lmao, he is a average human with busted social influencing and reputation, that definitely can be still used in versus matches
Name a single time his social influencing was responsible for him winning a battle
I’ll wait

Name a single time his social influencing was responsible for him winning a battle
I’ll wait
Against the reptile pervert monster
Against the invisible monster that spawned behind Tareo
Against the shapeshifting monster that killed itself out of fear
Stopping Garou's execution with just making an intimidating face and the roar of his King Engine

Against the reptile pervert monster
Against the invisible monster that spawned behind Tareo
Against the shapeshifting monster that killed itself out of fear
Stopping Garou's execution with just making an intimidating face and the roar of his King Engine
Sba says that enemies are gonna be willing to fight so just scaring the shit out of people isn’t gonna do anything, especially against confident foes like the cadre army who weren’t affected by his reputation much
King is just a normal ass human, he will never have a real wincon again without his luck factor

Thats literally how he fights and how his social influencing works, either the enemy ***** themselves and runs away or doesn't any "luck factor" is just headcanon

Thats literally how he fights and how his social influencing works, either the enemy ***** themselves and runs away or doesn't any "luck factor" is just headcanon
Ah yes ignore garou picking that second in time in particular to beat the shit out of everyone, king must have socially influenced him. King uses his advanced social influencing to predict garou was gonna hunt him so he brought Saitama with him. He clearly socially influenced every monster to attack him so he could get a reputation as the strongest hero yes, everything he did was clearly his influencing power and not just him getting lucky

Ah yes ignore garou picking that second in time in particular to beat the shit out of everyone, king must have socially influenced him. King uses his advanced social influencing to predict garou was gonna hunt him so he brought Saitama with him. He clearly socially influenced every monster to attack him so he could get a reputation as the strongest hero yes, everything he did was clearly his influencing power and not just him getting lucky
Yeah? He is kinda lucky and that's it, but he doesn't manipulate chance willingly or unwillingly so he doesn't qualify for supernatural luck 🤷‍♂️

Yeah? He is kinda lucky and that's it, but he doesn't manipulate chance willingly or unwillingly so he doesn't qualify for supernatural luck 🤷‍♂️
Him getting lucky is literally the only reason he hasn’t died hundreds of times, there’s nothing substantial enough to make a profile for beyond his luck

Ignoring my previous points I see, no reason to keep responding to you I'll just wait for staff approval

Anyway so do I remove Video Game Mastery and "possibly Supernatural Luck" and this would be good to go then?

Pretty sure it was accepted that no one should get radiation resistance expect Blast, Saitama and Garou

Also being 10-B with decent Social Influencing is enough to get a profile lel (Look at half of the Ace Attorney pages)

Pretty sure it was accepted that no one should get radiation resistance expect Blast, Saitama and Garou

Also being 10-B with decent Social Influencing is enough to get a profile lel (Look at half of the Ace Attorney pages)
The only ace attorney character that should be here is Phoenix Wright cause he’s way too durable to the point where it’s a common joke outside of the powerscaling community
also 90% of prosecutors bring weapons, so it’s pretty fair game

Aren't all the techniques descriptions copied from the OPM wiki?

Only reason I recognize them is because I helped write them.

Yumeko Jabami has a profile because she is good at gambling. King has a prominent role in a superhuman setting, is a professional hero, and at least has one unique ability.

2 wins, and one is against thunder mcqueen who I know is one of the weirdest characters on this wiki to make a matchup for

Aren't all the techniques descriptions copied from the OPM wiki?

Only reason I recognize them is because I helped write them.
Tbh a ton of OPM profiles have the notable techniques page directly copied from there lol, I changed the wording a bit though.

Right, so I remove the radiation resistance as well then.

We should change his social influencing to limited since it’s usually unintentional and is for the most part only from his reputation, like homeless emperor mistaking his only human line, and people mistaking his heartbeat for the king engine
or at least make it clear on his profile that his social influencing feats are accidental

I've edited the OP to include some of the feedback would like to know if the staff present here agree with the changes or not.

Regarding his AP/Dura we could change it to just "Unknown" if needed

Back