• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man - Demonic Fan and Evil Eye Upgrades

What are you talking about? She started by doing 8-C attacks, giving it her all, and early Genos and Sonic were beyond her reach.
Even Do-S was problematic for her, and now you're saying she's been 7-B all this time?

What are you talking about? She started by doing 8-C attacks, giving it her all, and early Genos and Sonic were beyond her reach.
Even Do-S was problematic for her, and now you're saying she's been 7-B all this time?
You might want to actually look at Fubuki’s profile. She hasn’t had multiple keys since August 2021. So no, she doesn’t get stronger throughout the story.

Was Fubuki at the time of the Demonic Fan fight 7-B?

You might want to actually look at Fubuki’s profile. She hasn’t had multiple keys since August 2021. So no, she doesn’t get stronger throughout the story.

Not having multiple keys isn't proof that her strength has been constant over the entire series.

Was Fubuki at the time of the Demonic Fan fight 7-B?

Not having multiple keys isn't proof that her strength has been constant over the entire series.
Yes, she is 7-B. If her page doesn’t acknowledge any growth, why would you assume it happened by default?
No. Better to list it as "possibly At most 7-B", given base Fubuki is now At most 7-B. Same goes for Demonic Fan.
Demonic Fan one-shot her, so it doesn’t really need the At most. Evil Eye, sure. Even though “possibly at most” looks ugly as sin.

Yes, she is 7-B. If her page doesn’t acknowledge any growth, why would you assume it happened by default?

That doesn't make any sense. Our pages don't encompass every fact and detail of the characters. Do you think if a character has a single key that means they were always the same level of strength throughout the entire series?

I'm not saying there had to be growth by default, but characters do get stronger and Fubuki's feats later in the series are more impressive than her feats earlier in the series.

I'll see if I can calc some of Fubuki's earliest feats and prove it if need be.

That doesn't make any sense. Our pages don't encompass every fact and detail of the characters. Do you think if a character has a single key that means they were always the same level of strength throughout the entire series?

I'm not saying there had to be growth by default, but characters do get stronger and Fubuki's feats later in the series are more impressive than her feats earlier in the series.

I'll see if I can calc some of Fubuki's earliest feats and prove it if need be.
If a character has shown multiple different levels of strength or growth throughout the series, then yes, typically that would be shown on the page in a key.

Fubuki is listed as At most 7-B, so that is what I’m scaling the characters to. If there’s no evidence of her canonically becoming more powerful, her feats appearing to be more impressive is honestly irrelevant.

Fubuki went from barely damaging Do-S in the Monster Raid arc to seemingly beating her with one attack in the Monster Association arc. She has definitely grown stronger over the course of the series.
One, I wouldn’t call that “barely” damaging her.
Two, all Fubuki’s Hellstorm did was throw her down a pit. She didn’t one-shot her by any means.
Three, even if Fubuki had Pre-Monster Association Arc and Post-Monster Association Arc keys… she’d be 7-B in both keys.

@LordTracer; my point was just showing that her strength isn't constant.

If the proposal is that her self back in the Demonic Fan fight backscales from her feats against Do-S, I was just wondering if there was anything specifically to support that.

And I don’t think your evidence shows that her strength isn’t constant. In the Monster Raid Arc, she harmed Do-S. In the Monster Association Arc, she harmed Do-S. There’s no notable difference at all.

The think Fubuki jumping massively in power between the Raid and Association Arc is a little silly. That time gap isn't big enough to justify any tier change and nothing supports her having a massive jump in power for some reason.

I can't speak for Demonic Fan however, as that happens further back in the past.
I disagree with the points that you use as evidence, but I guess Tatsumaki did explicitly say that Fubuki has gotten stronger
What?

She wasn't talking about her psychic powers being stronger, she means she's become a stronger person. She can tell Fubuki has really grown up. This scene not only loses meaning, but makes no sense if she meant psychic strength. Why is she even talking about that? What purpose does that serve with what Fubuki said?

The Demonic Fan scene does happen further in the past but nothing really implies Fubuki being weaker at that time, her power is pretty much showcased to be the same overall except her scene against Rover, but that was clearly not her overall/casual power

It's not even that much back in the past, Saitama was already a C class hero so at most a month or two passed from then.

One could make the argument that Demonic Fan completely counters Fubuki's blizzard like abilities since its a fan but for that to happen the air currents it sends should be comparable or superior in power to Fubuki's

my point was just showing that her strength isn't constant.
I mean, if you're going to tackle the ratings then that's not really the way to do it imo.

It's that Blizzard is scaling to Do-S who scales to the Disciples who scales to the Merc Group who scales to Pig God (by giving him a nose bleed as a note) who then scales to Gums.

If anything would be at issue it would be scaling all of them to a Dragon level threat monster despite the fact they would be pasted by Gums if they ran into him.

In that case I think it'd be better to just go with "Paradiser Armor, at most Pig God" rather than default to giving Pig God a bloody nose that is gone within two or three panels.

It's that Blizzard is scaling to Do-S who scales to the Disciples who scales to the Merc Group who scales to Pig God (by giving him a nose bleed as a note) who then scales to Gums.

If anything would be at issue it would be scaling all of them to a Dragon level threat monster despite the fact they would be pasted by Gums if they ran into him.
It’s also Iaian downscaling from ENW.

Didn't ENW pierce him every single time it landed a hit? Besides speed why would he scale?
Because he was parrying its attacks and if he didn't have enough strength to do so he would have been overpowered by the water jet and killed.

02.png

03.png

04.png

To be honest the fact that Iaian could still parry ENW water jets with basically less than half a blade is a testament to his strength

Because he was parrying its attacks and if he didn't have enough strength to do so he would have been overpowered by the water jet and killed.
A jet of water will reflect or skid off of angled surfaces. Iaian wouldn't need to have comparable AP or durability to deflect the attacks, especially when every water beam that hits him easily punches through his body.

Back