• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man CGT: Settling the Topic of Serious Punch²

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama's punch seems to have gone back in time at the very least, but I am not sure if it was done via a time travel ability or immeasurable speed. Maybe we can list it as "Possibly Immeasurable" speed?
It's clearly not immeasurable speed and the panels make it very clear he time travelled to the point where Garou were in front of the heroes.

It's an ability thing and not speed

It's clearly not immeasurable speed and the panels make it very clear he time travelled to the point where Garou were in front of the heroes.

Okay. I suppose that Time Travel is likely better then.

Yes, I am also inclined to list him with the following statistics after the last chapters:

"At least Multi-Solar System level" attack potency; "Likely Immeasurable" speed, "Accelerated Development"; and possibly Limited Power Mimicry and Portal Creation as well.
It is infinite speed feat technically as immeasurable is for movement beyond linear time, but we don’t grant those anyway

Yes, I am also inclined to list him with the following statistics after the last chapters:

"At least Multi-Solar System level" attack potency; "Likely Immeasurable" speed, "Accelerated Development"; and possibly Limited Power Mimicry and Portal Creation as well.
I suppose that the current new abilities should be:

"At least Multi-Solar System level" attack potency; "Time Travel", "Accelerated Development"; and possibly "Power Mimicry" and "Portal Creation" as well.

Well, he stays at that power level afterwards, so he is much stronger than previously to the fight now.

The gap between his 4-A showing and 3-C is still likely to much to justify for the same reasonn we don't say Majin Buu or Vegito are at least 4-B.

Nah, infinite speed doesn't work like that, you can't travel back through time with infinite speed as per our standards.
I know, but then we have to look into the narrator mentioning it take zero punches to end the battle.

https://**********/read/imgur/mUagtWL/1/65/

Also our speed rating does say movement beyond linear time for Immeasurable too so there is that.

I know, but then we have to look into the narrator mentioning it take zero punches to end the battle.https://**********/read/imgur/mUagtWL/1/65/
Not sure what to make of that but Immeasurable speed standards does give an example where it says you'd be able to land attacks before even launching them in the first place.

Also it does say movement beyond linear time too so there is that.
"Movement beyond linear time" literally applies to physically travelling through time as well tho. Higher levels of speed like being unaffected by time itself or existing on a higher level than it is just a higher degree of Immeasurable now. Irrelevant speed got nuked.

The gap between his 4-A showing and 3-C is still likely to much to justify for the same reasonn we don't say Majin Buu or Vegito are at least 4-B.
Well, his displayed growth graph was likely intended to be exponential, but I am not sure.

I agree with this, immesurable needs quite a lot more evidence from what I know

However, I'd go with causality rather than time manip due to the narrator's statement about a reversal in causality and the definition pretty much fits the bill

It was but we can't find multipliers from graphs like that so eh. Make of that what you will.
Okay. I personally think that "At least 4-A, likely/possibly higher" seems warranted after the Garou fight though.

I'm fine with the feat being used, I'm just saying it seems really weird to be so glossed over. Unless like, Murata says on twitter that the hole isn't intended to be stars being destroyed in which case we're all screwed.
Okay, never mind then.

I agree with this, immesurable needs quite a lot more evidence from what I know

However, I'd go with causality rather than time manip due to the narrator's statement about a reversal in causality and the definition pretty much fits the bill
Perhaps both could be applied?

Not sure what to make of that but Immeasurable speed standards does give an example where it says you'd be able to land attacks before even launching them in the first place.

"Movement beyond linear time" literally applies to physically travelling through time as well tho. Higher levels of speed like being unaffected by time itself or existing on a higher level than it is just a higher degree of Immeasurable now. Irrelevant speed got nuked.
We were given a example here.

“The difference between infinite and immeasurable is that the former can go everywhere in zero time, whereas the latter can go everywhere and everywhen faster than in zero time.

For more information, Infinite speed characters are so fast, they move faster than time can flow at any period. They perceive every finite speed character as completely frozen and it takes 0 time to react to any finite speed object or travel finite speed distance. They can also perform and infinite number of actions or travel infinite distance within a finite amount of time. An infinite speed character's perception of time only flows when they allow it to flow.”

Also I think the Flash did got infinite speed as well too.

We were given a example here.

“The difference between infinite and immeasurable is that the former can go everywhere in zero time, whereas the latter can go everywhere and everywhen faster than in zero time.

For more information, Infinite speed characters are so fast, they move faster than time can flow at any period. They perceive every finite speed character as completely frozen and it takes 0 time to react to any finite speed object or travel finite speed distance. They can also perform and infinite number of actions or travel infinite distance within a finite amount of time. An infinite speed character's perception of time only flows when they allow it to flow.”

Also I think the Flash did got infinite speed as well too.
Note the difference between Infinite and Immeasurable is that Infinite is "Everywhere in 0 time", while Immeasurable is "Everywhere and everywhen in 0 time"

Everywhere means physical space, 3-D. Everywhen is time, 4-D. Big difference. Viewing Time as frozen via sheer speed alone, which is what is going on with Flash's locked time feats, is not the same as literally running through it and going to the past, present or future, like in the case of Flash outrunning the Black Racer to the end of time itself.

Also, lots of DC characters have demonstrated Immeasurable speed by literally flying through time itself, and via the Flashes using the Speed Force to the maximum limit (See Flash running to the end of time itself to defeat the Black Racer).

Note the difference between Infinite and Immeasurable is that Infinite is "Everywhere in 0 time", while Immeasurable is "Everywhere and everywhen in 0 time"

Everywhere means physical space, 3-D. Everywhen is time, 4-D. Big difference. Viewing Time as frozen via sheer speed alone is not the same as literally running through it and going to the past, present or future, which is what is going on with Flash's locked time feats.

Also, lots of DC characters have demonstrated Immeasurable speed by literally flying through time itself, and via the Flashes using the Speed Force to the maximum limit (See Flash running to the end of time itself to defeat the Black Racer).
Yeah, I know since I saw the previous speed clarifications thread too.

But we not gonna compare from one verse to another verse anyway.

I'm fine with the feat being used, I'm just saying it seems really weird to be so glossed over. Unless like, Murata says on twitter that the hole isn't intended to be stars being destroyed in which case we're all screwed.
Bruh.

Literally in the images we see the continents are not the same.

The second image has the continent look Africa-esque (Pointed like South Africa towards the right), the second image where Garou looks at Earth has the continent's right section flatter than the first image.

As if that wasn't enough, the reversal of causality image (Which happens several pages later) literally shows us the void returning to normal and refilling with stars again.

Garou's Time Travel technique allows him to move back in time by manipulating antiparticles, which in some interpretations of Quantum Mechanics are moving backwards through time.

This is explained in the chapter itself, albeit it's confusing since it's a rather specific scientific reference. But it's not Causality Manipulation, it's just going back in time. That's how the technique works.

So is there a conclusion for the calculations that will be used later?
We are waiting for the calc group members that I called for earlier to make conclusions in that regard, as I think that only Damage3245 and KLOL506 have done so here so far.

I do not have the authority or know-how to decide that on my own. Different types of staff members are assigned different types of responsibilities.

So in my view, USK's low end calc should probably be used. Its just a better version of my calc and requires the least amount of assumptions to work.

As a note that's a max density Neutron star that was or is becoming a quark star. The vast majority of Neutron Stars do not reach such levels of density/size and are much lower (typically only 1/10th the Sun's GBE)

The closest Neutron star that would fit those parameters is over 4,600 light years away from Earth. Your calc would need to be adjusted for that end.
Usklaverei's low-end version is the most accurate and polished one.

@USklaverei I'm not sure why you haven't made it yet, but it would be appreciated if you created an actual blog with your calculation.
@Antvasima Therefir and Qaw too

The current plan for the stats atm are something like this:
GOD: At least 4-A

Blast: 5-A, possibly High 4-C. At most 4-A with Spatial Manipulation

Saitama: 4-A, higher with Accelerated Development

Garou: 5-A, possibly High 4-C, up to 4-A with Power Mimicry, higher with Reactive Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back