• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man 7-A Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument is that we have no idea about how much Darkshine is holding back, so they downscale to 7-A. But if don't know how much Darkshine is holding back? Then why assume 7-A, why couldn't he be holding back to 7-B.

If we're gonna use the whole "we don't know how much Darkshine was holding back thing", listing them as 7-B feels much safer than 7-A.
Oh, well he wasn't holding back that much. He was definitely using a quantifiable percentage of his power against Garou before he went all-out and forced Garou into Spiral Mode. The question is whether we're talking something like 50% or 10% or something in between. But he's definitely using more effort against Garou than he did against Destrochloridium.

Fair enough. I feel like we're not gonna get further with this without staff. I'd just wait for ByAsura or Qawsedf. What do you think of my Boros proposal?

VFU
Goukestu
CK
AB Bang
GS
Downscales from a casual DS:
Half Monster Garou
Scales to or Above Half Monster Garou in some way:
Flashy
Atomic
Bang
Bomb
Rover (Scales above Bang/Bomb)
Pre-molt EC (Scales to or below Bang/Bomb)
Post-molt EC (Scales above Gouketsu and to AB Bang)
Gyro Gryo (Psykos scales above Gyro Gyro)
Drive Knight and Genos (Downscales from Psykos)
Nyan (Downscales or scales to Drive Knight)
Melz (Downscales from Bang)
BS (varies up to the same tier as atomic)
Post-Molt doesn't scale through Goketsu. Just Bang and Bomb. I wouldn't give Mel a new key for having five heads since they don't really show any degree of superiority when fused or unfused. Boros should be either 6-C or something like "At least 7-A+, possibly 6-C". Giving him an unknown rating when his armored version is considered to be superior to the rest of his crew by the crewmates themselves seems strange.

Boros should be either 6-C or something like "At least 7-A+, possibly 6-C". Giving him an unknown rating when his armored version is considered to be superior to the rest of his crew by the crewmates themselves seems strange.

I still don't think we should upscale his lifting strength, but it would be hypocritical since we do it for other profiles with just as little justification. So I guess his last key scaling isn't unreasonable.

Speed he should probably be MHS, likely MHS+ or something like that.

I still don't think we should upscale his lifting strength, but it would be hypocritical since we do it for other profiles with just as little justification. So I guess his last key scaling isn't unreasonable.
Released should get it as well

Speed he should probably be MHS, likely MHS+ or something like that.
Where does likely MHS+ come from? I was proposing possibly FTL

I haven’t really been following this thread recently, is everyone aside from people that directly scale to Darkshine still getting ‘possibly 7-A+’?

Why would Released Boros get Possibly FTL? Saitma didn't show any surprise in speed, so we cant use the reasoning we will for MB.
Because he obviously put more effort against Released than he did against Geryu lmao. It's the same reason Released has High 6-A.

None of that still explains where likely MHS+ comes from. The only MHS+ calc existing comes from Psykorochi and Boros has no reason to scale to her

Ah ok then.

Tho what are your thoughts on characters down scaling to 7-A because we don't know what extent Darlshine was holding back. I already stated I thought why 7-A is bunk and why 7-B seems safer

For some reason, I haven't been getting notifications.

As I explained in the OP, pre-molt Elder Centipede shouldn't scale above Melz. EC barely did any damage to an exhausted Bang and Bomb, while Melz knocked the former out briefly. City level seems entirely reasonable.

I also explained that Pre-Molt's scaling to Gouketsu is b.s. All Orochi implies is that they're Cadre level and represent massive losses to the MA.
ByAsura proposed the half scaling based of scaling from Psykojet. IF that isn't agreed apon maybe we could just downscale them from post DS Garou?
When did I do that? I don't remember anything of the sort.

Oh, I thought you were talking about PsykoJet scaling to them.

As I explained in the OP, pre-molt Elder Centipede shouldn't scale above Melz. EC barely did any damage to an exhausted Bang and Bomb, while Melz knocked the former out briefly.

City level seems entirely reasonable
Sticking with the 7-B scaling and just slapping possibly 7-A+ on there seems reasonable.

I'll make a full sandbox after I finish some Star Wars revisions.

As I explained in the OP, pre-molt Elder Centipede shouldn't scale above Melz. EC barely did any damage to an exhausted Bang and Bomb, while Melz knocked the former out briefly. City level seems entirely reasonable.

I also explained that Pre-Molt's scaling to Gouketsu is b.s. All Orochi implies is that they're Cadre level and represent massive losses to the MA.
That's perfectly fine and no one was trying to scale Pre-molt to Gouketsu as far as I know. But did you see my proposal to downscale half monster Garou from DS and my scaling?

That's perfectly fine and no one was trying to scale Pre-molt to Gouketsu as far as I know. But did you see my proposal to downscale half monster Garou from DS and my scaling?
I didn't, sorry. Mind giving me a recap?
Mel just hit him in a wall, just as EC hit bang into a tree,
That's totally meaningless. EC did almost no damage to an exhausted, Melz very briefly knocked him out. Simple.

He was. Even if he wasn't it still had much more effect than EC, and that was while Bang was exhausted from using his combo.

I didn't, sorry. Mind giving me a recap?
My proposal is to downscale/scale HM Garou to a casual DS based of DS visibly trying more against Garou than he did with that fodder monster.

DS vs Garou.

DS throwing some guy into a wall.

Also Here's the people that would be affected (Please note this is a rough draft so some reasons for scaling could change)
Here's my proposal to make the 7-A scaling easier to understand and better:
Scales to or above a full power DS:
Spiral Garou (Current Garou scales higher than this form)
VFU
Goukestu
CK
AB Bang
GS
Downscales from a casual DS:
Half Monster Garou
Scales to or Above Half Monster Garou in some way:
Flashy
Atomic
Bang
Bomb
Rover (Scales above Bang/Bomb)
Pre-molt EC (Scales to or below Bang/Bomb?)
Post-molt EC (Scales above Bang/Bomg and CK)
Gyro Gryo (Psykos scales above Gyro Gyro)
Drive Knight and Genos (Downscales from Psykos)
Nyan (Downscales or scales to Drive Knight)
Melz (Downscales from Bang)
BS (varies up to the same tier as atomic)
Boros
At Least 7-A+, Possibly 6-C.
Possibly FTL for MB and Released.
Class Z lifting strength for MB and Released.

Last edited:
My proposal is to downscale/scale HM Garou to a casual DS based of DS visibly trying more against Garou than he did with that fodder monster.

We agreed to solve this earlier by simply treating the post-orochi/pre-darkshine Garou as if he doesn't exist. It makes scaling way easier because Garou's also known to get stronger after massive beatings, and we don't really know how strong Garou was during the Orochi fight (somewhere between getting obliterated by a casual Darkshine and his Rover level).

Also, as I explained, EC only caused a tiny bit of pain to an exhausted Bang. Otherwise, they can each obliterate his carapace.

Anyway, I'll make a start on that sandbox.

Last edited:

We agreed to solve this earlier by simply treating the post-orochi/pre-darkshine Garou as if he doesn't exist. It makes scaling way easier because Garou's also known to get stronger after massive beatings, and we don't really know how strong Garou was during the Orochi fight (somewhere between getting obliterated by a casual Darkshine and his Rover level).

Also, as I explained, EC only caused a tiny bit of pain to an exhausted Bang. Otherwise, they can each obliterate his carapace.

Anyway, I'll make a start on that sandbox.
I think this makes sense

Rough scaling.

I've made some concessions since last time.

Also, I didn't realise we already did the editing for like 3 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back