• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man 7-A Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator

Feat​

Metal Knight's base wasn't actually hit by the bullet barrage (or at least even a tiny fraction of the barrage itself). The accepted calculation for the building's durability is Mountain level+, so his arsenal should be downgraded. Also, the Hero Perfection Guide confirms that Metal Knight's armour is constructed from the same material as the HQ (the translation is rough, but apparently gets the context right).
  • メタルナイトと同様の、特種加工が施されている。
  • It has been specially processed in the same way as Metal Knight.

Scaling Changes​

Of course, Metal Knight receives Mountain level+ durability. I'd say it's a little lower because massive layers of metal are obviously less flimsy than moulded armour, but the building itself wasn't even scratched. However, the only character that's so much as damaged Metal Knight is masked Orochi.

Pre-Molt Elder Centipede​

EC could scale above Metal Knight's armour, as he wanted to use it for weapons development, but the quote itself is a little to vague. I think tacking on a possibly Mountain level+ to his ratings would make sense.

Bulk Changes​

Casual Darkshine cracked the metal of the Hero Asociation base with a mere throw. So he should be at least 7-A+, possibly higher (pre-molt EC is well below him on the scaling chain). Quoting @Dual_Binoculars on why they're metal.
Even he doesn't know how to harm himself, so his durability would reasonably scale up to High 7-A, possibly higher.

Evolved Garou and Rhino Mode Carnage Kabuto scale to Darkshine, as they respectively matched and overwhelmed him at full power. Pre-Awakening Garou is even stronger, and Awakened Breath Bang managed to match him after he'd noticeably grown in strength by replicating the Awakened Breath technique, so I think High 7-A, possibly higher is reasonable. Post-Molt Elder Centipede should scale, as Awakened Bang was going to put his life on the line and use up all his remaining strength to fight the monster.

Now, onto some Gouketsu scaling. Even if Orochi did somehow know about post-molt Elder Centipede (keep in mind that Psykos wasn't even spying on someone as important as Gouketsu until well after his transformation and didn't even see him die), absolutely nothing suggests he's comparable to Elder Centipede, only that they're two Cadre-level beings whose loss affects the Monster Asociation. He should be at least 7-A+, possibly higher.

For a small note about Gouketsu's feat, it'd actually be an unknown amount higher with any assumption.
  • If Gouketsu punches Saitama or the ground and caused the cloud-split, only a fraction of the energy would go to the clouds themselves because shockwaves are omni-directional.
  • Assuming he punched aimed a punch at Saitama and he dodged, creating a shockwave that hit the clouds, it'd be with the mere shockwave of his hit.
  • If he jumped up to the clouds and hit them, it'd be with an attack that has no physical medium to act against.

Weaker Characters​

Bang, Bomb and Garou are demonstrably far below even casual Darkshine.

Firstly, a casual Darkshine was making Garou vomit blood and overpowered him just by flexing. DS then proceeds to shatter the latter's entire rib cage with an attack beyond his deflection abilities (despite using both Bomb and Bang's techniques) when he goes all-out. Rover couldn't even compare this level of internal damages even before Garou had fought Psykos and Orochi.

Secondly, one of Darkshine's serious attacks does more damage to PsykoJet than Bang and Bomb's combo attack. Establishing that they're both under half of Darkshine's physical strength.

Bang, Bomb and Garou should be Mountain level, possibly Mountain level+ (for scaling to Pre-Molt EC, not downscaling to Darkshine), while Rover would get at least Mountain level, possibly Mountain level+ for bullying Bang and Bomb.

On this note, one of Melzargard's bodies was able to very briefly knock out Bang by focusing all of his shapeshifting powers to regeneration, but only dealt extremely superficial damage to him. Comparatively, Pre-Molt Elder Centipede only caused some pain to an already exhausted Bomb and Bang, so at most Mountain level, possibly Mountain level+ seems reasonable.

Miscellaneous​

Melzargard Key​

His merged form that one-shot Sky King is far more powerful and should get a key in and of itself.

MK's Missiles​

Metal Knight's missiles were able to cause Elder Centipede a lot of pain, which Metal Bat couldn't do without hitting his face. Ergo, MK's missiles scale above Pumped Up Metal Bat.

Beefcake​

I'm hesitant to say that Beefcake vaporized the crater because dust seems to rise like steam from fractured buildings and Beefcake's smaller crater. Adding to this, we see rubble inside the crater itself.

I think it's just best to cut our losses and remove the feat, which makes sense given how many versions there are of this feat. Scaling him above Royal Ripper and Bug God is best.

Last edited:
Bang, Bomb and Garou should be Mountain level, possibly Mountain level+ (for scaling to Pre-Molt EC, not downscaling to Darkshine)
Here's the thing, permit EC is only 7-B, so the 7-A thing won't work if you choose not to scale to Darkshine

Also I thought you were gonna include the Boros stuff? If not I'll just paste them here or somewhere else

Weaker Characters​

Bang, Bomb and Garou are demonstrably far below even casual Darkshine.

Firstly, a casual Darkshine was making Garou vomit blood and overpowered him just by flexing. DS then proceeds to shatter the latter's entire rib cage with an attack beyond his deflection abilities (despite using both Bomb and Bang's techniques) when he goes all-out. Rover couldn't even compare this level of internal damages even before Garou had fought Psykos and Orochi.

Secondly, one of Darkshine's serious attacks does more damage to PsykoJet than Bang and Bomb's combo attack. Establishing that they're both under half of Darkshine's physical strength.

Bang, Bomb and Garou should be Mountain level, possibly Mountain level+ (for scaling to Pre-Molt EC, not downscaling to Darkshine), while Rover would get at least Mountain level, possibly Mountain level+ for bullying Bang and Bomb.
Didnt Garou literally eventually overpowered Darkshine and even bullied him?

Which is why I mentioned Evolved Garou separately.

Evolved Garou and Rhino Mode Carnage Kabuto scale to Darkshine, as they respectively matched and overwhelmed him at full power. Pre-Awakening Garou is even stronger, and Awakened Breath Bang managed to match him after he'd noticeably grown in strength by replicating the Awakened Breath technique, so I think High 7-A, possibly higher is reasonable. Post-Molt Elder Centipede should scale, as Awakened Bang was going to put his life on the line and use up all his remaining strength to fight the monster.

I agree with the OP.

Pre-molt EC is going to have a "possibly 7-A+" rating if agreed here, so you can't say for sure.
?? 7-A comes from Darkshine. Op is proposing to scale 7-A from Pre molt EC rather than Darkshine when pre molt EC has nothing 7-A to begin with

?? 7-A comes from Darkshine. Op is proposing to scale 7-A from Pre molt EC rather than Darkshine when pre molt EC has nothing 7-A to begin with
As Kachon said, you're misunderstanding this a little.

It's from pre-molt EC having a 'possibly 7-A+' rating based on the Metal Knight statement. That's also why everyone has a 'possibly higher' rating.
Also I thought you were gonna include the Boros stuff? If not I'll just paste them here or somewhere else
Oh yeah, the speed stuff. Sorry I forgot.

Also I talked about this in the main thread, might as well slap it here

Also shouldn't Boros scale above Orochi in LS and speed as well? We do a similar thing with Gouketsu being MHS and Class G via upscaling above CK via a statement, so I don't see why Boros shouldn't get At least MHS and Class Z via a similar statement treatment

I could see speed, but his lifting strength is a weird tail ability.

I more meant that Boros doesn't exactly have a reason to scale.

I think "At least High 7-A" is better than "High 7-A, possibly Higher"

The rating already comes from a upscaling, and going by the rules behind them, "At least" is what fits this case

I'm fine with the rest

Gouketsu and others are more physical fighters that also have some scaling. The logic makes some sense there because it's reasonable to assume someone superior to Deep Sea King could overpower him. Boros and Orochi are a lot more vague.

@Lightning No, the higher comes from the pre-molt Elder Centipede scaling.

Gouketsu and others are more physical fighters that also have some scaling. The logic makes some sense there because it's reasonable to assume someone superior to Deep Sea King could overpower him. Boros and Orochi are a lot more vague.
I dunno why you're mentioning DSK. Gouketsu's Class G comes from scaling from CK.

It's an example. Should have made that clear.

Anyway, we should leave this for after the main points have been finished.

So is Pre-Molt EC and those that scale to him gonna be “7-B, possibly 7-A+“ or “7-A, possibly 7-A+“?

Not a fan of the “possibly higher” for Darkshine tbh. At that point, you might as well just upscale him to High 7-A. Also on that note, Gouketsu should definitely upscale since he’s > Carnage Kabuto, who’s ≈ Darkshine.

Base Psykos can also upscale since she’s significantly superior to Gyoro Gyoro, who scales to Half-Monster Garou.

Everything else seems fine.

7-B, possibly 7-A+.

As I've explained, the possibly higher is not his normal stats, it's scaling for scaling so far above pre-molt EC's possibly 7-A+. Darkshine is at least 7-A+ normally.

As I've explained, the possibly higher is not his normal stats, it's scaling for scaling so far above pre-molt EC's possibly 7-A+. Darkshine is at least 7-A+ normally.
Yes, I’m aware. And again, if Darkshine is that much higher than EC, you might as well give him a High 7-A than a “possibly higher”.

I forgot to ask, should Flash and AS be High 7-A? Darkshine frames it as if they're astronomically above him.
Yes, I’m aware. And again, if Darkshine is that much higher than EC, you might as well give him a High 7-A than a “possibly higher”.
EC's rating is only a possibility, so it doesn't work like that.

Again, it doesn't work like that.

It's like saying a character should be 8-A for scaling above a character who's 8-B, possibly 8-A.

The extent is unknown, but I personally don't mind if everyone agrees here.

Again, it doesn't work like that.

It's like saying a character should be 8-A for scaling above a character who's 8-B, possibly 8-A.
I’ve actually seen that done before. Also if Darkshine already scales above the 7-A+ material while casual, what exactly prevents him from being High 7-A?

I forgot to ask, should Flash and AS be High 7-A? Darkshine frames it as if they're astronomically above him.

EC's rating is only a possibility, so it doesn't work like that.
I think what Darkshine was trying to say is that Atomic and Flashy both could have killed Garou at that point in time right away, and that they would have done so- Flashy Flash is fully willing to kill someone like Garou and an Atomic Slash is a fatal move to anyone it can seriously cut. They scale above Garou because they could and would kill him quickly, but not Darkshine because Darkshine only hadn't killed Garou at that point because A) he wanted to flex on Garou by casually smacking him around and B) he was casual.

@Dual Those were split to capacity, so they're far weaker than the ones that fought AS. Even Metal Bat could tank blows from the 10k detached force that was left over from the Golden Sperm fusion.

@Tracer What says he's High 7-A? There's no evidence behind what you're saying, and it doesn't make sense when it's only a possibility. You're making the claim, so prove it.

@Ourosboros This was just after the tackle, and Darkshine couldn't one-shot Garou even when he went all-out, so I doubt it.

Last edited:
What says he's High 7-A? There's no evidence behind what you're saying, and it doesn't make sense when it's only a possibility.
I literally just explained it, what? Casual Darkshine already scales above the 7-A+ metal, as you said in the OP, and this metal is only 1.2x away from reaching baseline High 7-A.

If Darkshine is superior to that, even while casual, a serious Darkshine should absolutely be able to upscale to High 7-A.

I do kind of agree there, but upscaling rules are currently a little too tight for that.

Also, this definitely works better with the EC scaling.

Last edited:
As the thread shows, small gaps might not necessarily break into other tiers.

Even that mentions it’s case-by-case basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back