• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: 2 MFTL Calcs

I don't think it says "everything" happened within that timeframe.

In a vacuum, the total mechanical energy (kinetic + potential) stays the same as long as there is no external force(except there is the gravitational force of jupiter and etc.). so it doesn't matter if it happens like 2-3 second after saitama sneezed. Because there is the distance between IO and jupiter, around 421000 km. The sneeze should go through this distance as well. But it doesn't lose energy or velocity since it moves through outer space. the sneeze should be at the same speed and etc when it reaches the jupiter. Then it hits jupiter and causes this. It says what happened after it reaches there should be around how long a sneeze lasts since the sneeze reached there without losing energy or velocity or anything.
I believe you've misunderstood me and the calc.

It does.

Well first of all, we're not calculating KE but speed. Second of all, the "external forces" would be the additional gas from Jupiters surface that amasses as the sneeze shockwave spreads.

It definitely does as the speed calc is specifically using the sneeze time frame for everything.

🤦‍♂️

You seem even more confused by the calc than me.
when i said "everything", i meant from the very very start. the moment sneeze starts.

yes those gases would be the "external forces" but it would be after reaching jupiter. it wouldn't effect the sneeze between IO and jupiter.

the calc here just says gas moved to this point within that timeframe. so it means after reaching jupiter, that happened within that timeframe. not that within that 0.18 second, it traveled the whole distance between IO and jupiter + gas moved away that far.

"It definitely does as the speed calc is specifically using the sneeze time frame for everything"

yes? the sneeze shouldn't lose velocity or energy when it moves from IO to Jupiter (except the gravitational force). I'm not saying there won't be any effect after reaching jupiter since the gas will slow it down and the sneeze's energy will get transfered to the gas. the sneeze starts and it moves at the same speed until reaching jupiter.

there is no air resistance or other forces that would slow down the particles of the sneeze. therefore, the duration of the sneeze (the time the particles are in motion) wouldn't be affected by traveling through space
I believe you've misunderstood me and the calc.
probably i misunderstood you. but im sure about the calc. i may be bad at explaining though :d

probably i misunderstood you. but im sure about the calc. i may be bad at explaining though :d
My problem with the calc is that it assumes the timeframe for the gas dispersion to be the same duration as a sneeze, however, the timeframe for Saitama's sneeze could have very well passed during this panel, hence, I'm iffy about it.

These calcs have been accepted. Let' discuss

for the first calc, the argument for "it's the same instance or not", not sure what will happen for that. though i think it is the same here considering the whole fight where even if one stops they can move at the same lvl of speed.

but considering flashy flash's speed, it's not just the calculations, but statements from databook and cover pages that says he moves at the speed of light or faster. supported by feats as well. it's also stated that PS is faster than him. at the very least can we use the speed of light for PS here? would this be calc stalking? calcs are just supportive for the statements here after all. and the values are chosen from the statement rather than the calc itself.

Last edited:
but considering flashy flash's speed, it's not just the calculations, but statements from databook and cover pages that says he moves at the speed of light or faster. supported by feats as well. it's also stated that PS is faster than him. at the very least can we use the speed of light for PS here? would this be calc stalking? calcs are just supportive for the statements here after all. and the values are chosen from the statement rather than the calc itself.
We don't accept editor's notes on cover pages as evidence; those are removed from the final volume versions.

We do y’all assume saitama sneeze is the same timeframe as a normal sneeze he dude passes gas at ftl speeds I’m 100% everything he does is beyond humans

We don't accept editor's notes on cover pages as evidence; those are removed from the final volume versions.
rather than it being a cover, it's more like explaining his character but ok. the point stands since the speed of light statement is still there within databook, supported by feats and calcs. would it be fine like that?

Last edited:
rather than it being a cover, it's more like explaining his character but ok. the point stands since the speed of light statement is still there within databook, supported by feats and calcs. would it be fine like that?
No; that wouldn't apply to Platinum Sperm in that scene.

No; that wouldn't apply to Platinum Sperm in that scene.
Why not?
aHR0cHM6Ly9maWxlcy5jYXRib3gubW9lL2dra2RieS5wbmc=

Because even if Platinum Sperm is faster than Flashy Flash in one scene, that doesn't mean we automatically assume he is always moving faster than Flashy Flash in all other scenes. Platinum Sperm had just gotten up from being punched into the ground; he hadn't even taken a step yet. Is an athlete just as fast as their top speed when they take their first step when starting a run?

Also, we accept Flashy Flash as being FTL. We'd end up downgrading him if we accepted him as being Lightspeed.

Because even if Platinum Sperm is faster than Flashy Flash in one scene, that doesn't mean we automatically assume he is always moving faster than Flashy Flash in all other scenes. Platinum Sperm had just gotten up from being punched into the ground; he hadn't even taken a step yet. Is an athlete just as fast as their top speed when they take their first step when starting a run?
When did Flashy Flash say that Platinum Sperm was faster than himself in just that one scene? He was talking in general.

yeah i don't understand why it won't work. we know he's faster overall, it doesn't have to be all of his movements must be faster in this situation. we know they are capable of reacting at that lvl of speed even they are not moving. and we know it comes from a statement supported by feats and calcs. it shouldn't be calc stalking either since it doesn't come from a calculation but stated speed.

also manga shows it that garou blitz him and wins via "accelerating forever"

Also, we accept Flashy Flash as being FTL. We'd end up downgrading him if we accepted him as being Lightspeed.
no? the thing is that i propose using speed of light because rather than calculations and other characters, it comes from statements of him that are supported by feats.

it wouldn't downgrade him because like you said, that doesn't mean he automatically moves at that lvl of speed everytime. but in this case, he states it himself that PS is faster than him. even though both are FTL, it comes from a calc. it would be calc stalking to use it but not the statement of speed of light

no? the thing is that i propose using speed of light because rather than calculations and other characters, it comes from statements of him that are supported by feats.

it wouldn't downgrade him because like you said, that doesn't mean he automatically moves at that lvl of speed everytime. but in this case, he states it himself that PS is faster than him. even though both are FTL, it comes from a calc. it would be calc stalking to use it but not the statement of speed of light
Sounds like picking and choosing to me; Flashy Flash is FTL from a calc when it suits us, but Lightspeed from a statement when it suits other purposes.

Applying real life scenarios to fictional characters is kinda ridiculous. Like, no, "faster than me" means faster in general, not one specific instance and nothing more. You'd have to make more assumptions to claim that's the case

Sounds like picking and choosing to me; Flashy Flash is FTL from a calc when it suits us, but Lightspeed from a statement when it suits other purposes.
Downgrade Flashy Flash if you want, but using FTL would be calc stacking while a light speed statement wouldn't be

Downgrade Flashy Flash if you want, but using FTL would be calc stacking while a light speed statement wouldn't be
it wouldn't get downgraded. there is the calc from atomic samurai and fights.

the databook statement supported by feats gives us an usable value for PS here without using other calcs since it would be calc stalking.

also we can see the fight where they "stop moving" while the one that continues to move attacks and they perfectly escape with the same lvl of speed and etc. making this more acceptable

I did before it’s literally a stated number we have official confirmation on his boost
And you have a statement that the boost that Black Sperm gets from fusing his individual cells together is directly proportional to the number of cells? I.E. 2 cells fusing = 2 times multiplier, 3 cells fusion = 3x multiplier, etc. And that statement affects all of his statistics in equal proportions?

You have that?

And you have a statement that the boost that Black Sperm gets from fusing his individual cells together is directly proportional to the number of cells? I.E. 2 cells fusing = 2 times multiplier, 3 cells fusion = 3x multiplier, etc. And that statement affects all of his statistics in equal proportions?

You have that?
It’s literally taking the stats of 1 sperm and then adding another? 1 + 1= 2 Like what’s hard to understand platinum sperm is the combination of all the sperms put into 1 person

Homeless emperor even says if 1 sperm does this then combining all of them would be insane he even explicitly mentioned the number

You have that?
Well, the multiplier itself is accepted. We just don't use it for AP due to the strength of a puppy x 54 trillion being lower than where his AP already scales. The real issue is how that applies to speed when it's only been stated to apply to attack potency at most.

Well, the multiplier itself is accepted. We just don't use it for AP due to the strength of a puppy x 54 trillion being lower than where his AP already scales. The real issue is how that applies to speed when it's only been stated to apply to attack potency at most.
Fair - but my main point is that we don't have any evidence that supports it being an equal multiplier for speed.

it applies to speed because we generally see it applies to speed sperm literally became a speedster

Meaning it makes no sense he gets only strength boost especially when it’s literally just adding the stats of each individual sperm together

it applies to speed because we generally see it applies to speed sperm literally became a speedster

Meaning it makes no sense he gets only strength boost
Nobody said he only gets a strength boost.

But our standards says this:

One should also consider which statistic a multiplier applies to. If a character just gets 10 times more powerful, then that doesn't necessarily means that all of its statistics are multiplied by 10. For example could a fiction in principle have a character become a 10 times more dangerous fighter just by increasing his combat technique, with only minor increases in stats. A more classical scenario is one where a characters strength increases by some multiplier, but their speed is untouched.

Golden Sperm and Platinum Sperm are faster than Black Sperm, sure.... But nothing points to them being trillions of times faster.

Almost anything calc-related is intrinsically tied to IRL physics; I don't understand this objection.
It's a ridiculous take that feels like scrutiny just for the sake of it, in my eyes. You pretty much have to go out of your way to try arriving at the conclusion of "he only meant this one particular instance, not generally" when Occam's Razor would support otherwise far more. Let's make everyone's speed a Varies rating I guess

Golden Sperm and Platinum Sperm are faster than Black Sperm, sure.... But nothing points to them being trillions of times faster.
Ok but think of it like this 1 sperm + 1 sperm = x2 stronger it’s literally simple addition

All his thing is combining the stats of each individual sperm it’s why all the statements hyping the transformation are talking about how the powers of 1 sperm can do this so when we add it x54 trillion his powers is incredible

Last edited:
It's a ridiculous take that feels like scrutiny just for the sake of it, in my eyes. You pretty much have to go out of your way to try arriving at the conclusion of "he only meant this one particular instance, not generally" when Occam's Razor would support otherwise far more. Let's make everyone's speed a Varies rating I guess
I didn't mean that Flashy Flash's statement was only for that one particular instance; just that the statement isn't useful for the scene where Platinum Sperm gets blitzed.

Let's say Character A says Character B is stronger than them. Okay, so we rate Character B's attacks as being stronger than Character A's attacks. But does that mean Character B's finger-flicks are more powerful than Character A's ultimate moves?

This is an exaggerated example, just to show that statements need to be taken in the context they're in. When Garou blitzed Platinum Sperm, we can't truly say for certain how fast Platinum Sperm was moving in that instance. I can't assert with confidence that he was moving faster than Flashy Flash in that specific instant.

Ok but think of it like this 1 sperm + 1 sperm = x2 stronger it’s literally simple addition

All his thing is combining the stats of each individual sperm it’s why all the statements hyping the transformation are talking about how the powers of 1 sperm can do this so when we add it x54 trillion his power is incredible
Where is your proof that applies to speed? Where does he say "all stats"?

Where is your proof that applies to speed? Where does he say "all stats"?
he becomes a speedster

Again let’s go back to what he’s actually doing every statement about it talks about the stats of each individual sperm it’s literally simple addition 1+1 = 2

They are adding each individual stats into 1 being

we can't truly say for certain how fast Platinum Sperm was moving in that instance. I can't assert with confidence that he was moving faster than Flashy Flash in that specific instant.
He was literally on his last legs trying to kill Garou. If his casual speed before accelerating is already faster than Flashy Flashy, then why wouldn't him putting in effort be just as fast?

He was literally on his last legs trying to kill Garou. If his casual speed before accelerating is already faster than Flashy Flashy, then why wouldn't him putting in effort be just as fast?
Because to me, it looked like Platinum Sperm was blitzed before he actually started properly moving. Characters don't automatically go from 0 to their top speed with no interval between. Objects / people accelerate and build speed.

Because to me, it looked like Platinum Sperm was blitzed before he actually started properly moving.
Can you define "properly moving?" Because if Platinum Sperm is considered faster than Flashy Flash based on casual short explosive attacks and small movement like spinning his tendril and punching/kicking, what would that mean for him rushing forward while going all out?

I didn't mean that Flashy Flash's statement was only for that one particular instance; just that the statement isn't useful for the scene where Platinum Sperm gets blitzed.

Let's say Character A says Character B is stronger than them. Okay, so we rate Character B's attacks as being stronger than Character A's attacks. But does that mean Character B's finger-flicks are more powerful than Character A's ultimate moves?

This is an exaggerated example, just to show that statements need to be taken in the context they're in. When Garou blitzed Platinum Sperm, we can't truly say for certain how fast Platinum Sperm was moving in that instance. I can't assert with confidence that he was moving faster than Flashy Flash in that specific instant.
What in the false equivalence? You compared apples to oranges with the whole finger-flicks vs. ultimate moves so it's not just an exaggerated example, it's a bad one too.

I can at least assert with confidence that when Platinum Sperm's not holding back and not stated or implied to be weakened in speed, he absolutely is moving faster than Flashy Flash

Back