• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Strong World Canonicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy's feat of destroying Merveille is gonna start a lot of talk tbh.
Looking at the feat again, Gigant Thor Axe didn't seem to frag the entire island apart, it just cracked the surface then the island began falling when Shiki's powers wore off, no? It looked like it was intact-ish until all the islands started falling at once. Y'know- to go with the safer assumption and avoid another CRT with 6-C Mid-tiers shit storm-

Luffy's feat of destroying Merveille is gonna start a lot of talk tbh.
Looking at the feat again, Gigant Thor Axe didn't seem to frag the entire island apart, it just cracked the surface then the island began falling when Shiki's powers wore off, no? It looked like it was intact-ish until all the islands started falling at once. Y'know- to go with the safer assumption and avoid another CRT with 6-C Mid-tiers shit storm-
Ehh we can discuss this outside of here

I am fine with strong world being considered canon but doesn't shiki becoming weaker goes against Oda's comment about him wanting to write a story where characters don't become weaker with age from one of the sbs

I am fine with strong world being considered canon but doesn't shiki becoming weaker goes against Oda's comment about him wanting to write a story where characters don't become weaker with age from one of the sbs
Shiki hasn't been active, so not really.
And Don Chinjao and Rayleigh are already proof of that Philosophy not being universal.

It does seem okay to be canon...

But the feats themselves will need to be discussed. If the proposals involve Pre-Timeskip Luffy becoming Island level then that'd be a bit too much I think.

It does seem okay to be canon...

But the feats themselves will need to be discussed. If the proposals involve Pre-Timeskip Luffy becoming Island level then that'd be a bit too much I think.
I believe Luffy himself would only scale to the High 7-A feat, with G2.
the island level feat seems to be with a move amped by lightning which he cannot use on his own on Pre TS, so it wouldn't scale to anyone.

Either way, it is a rather large jump in power. Luckily, I have some potentially 7-B calcs as early as Skypiea that I found a while back. In the case they are safe and sound, the jump will not be as accentuated, I believe.

Either way, not the main topic of the thread, I assume the canonicity was accepted as of now.

Adding this to Regarding the Canon

As for the One Piece Film: Strong world movie, we have decided to make the movie fully canon. It has been confirmed that Oda considers the events of the movie as the actual events that take place in the story in SBS Volume 55, stating that the events of the movie are true to the manga in his artbook for the movie. Oda has also placed the main villain's antagonistic relationship with Luffy in his databook, One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World, which specifically only captures canon information, stating that they are enemies, when this relationship has only been built in the movie. It fits perfectly in the timeline from the middle of Thriller Bark and Sabaody Archipelago. The issue of Brook's "contradicting statement" has been accepted as a retcon to the story, as the movie was created a year and a half after the statement. It was decided in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back