• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Luffy's Intelligence Revision + Abilities Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post scans 🔫👀
👀 🤝
0377-004.png

Ok most of this looks aight from what I can tell.
e̵x̵c̵e̵p̵t̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵,̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵'̵s̵ ̵c̵h̵e̵a̵t̵i̵n̵g̵

like seriously Tempest, i'm really jealous of One Piece right now, having a supporter like you
i wish my verse has someone like you

If only Hunter x Hunter had such a supporter who also is a staff, maybe things wouldn't take 4 months to get anything goin-

Oops, I was off-track

Not too sure, the weapon owner was scared of just throwing the weapon out.

The owner of Nidai Kitetsu (the descendent of the dude who actually made the sword) confirmed Luffy would be put under its curse. Like he flat out said it.
IMG_0273.png
My only issue with it is unlike Zoro he never tested himself against the curse directly he just carried it around, and in the end Tama did end up getting captured by the beast pirates and attacked by Kaido and while we can't say for certain that's the curse's doing it is something Hitetsu warned him off while talking about the sword.

Idk if simply holding onto a cursed blade would grant resistance to the curse itself as Chopper held the sandai kitetsu for a little bit and nothing happened to him.

My only issue with it is unlike Zoro he never tested himself against the curse directly he just carried it around, and in the end Tama did end up getting captured by the beast pirates and attacked by Kaido and while we can't say for certain that's the curse's doing it is something Hitetsu warned him off while talking about the sword.
Zoro's just a massive badass and wanted to directly test the curse of the sword by seeing if it'll lob his arm off.

The Kitetsu's revolve around providing their wielders with straight up death. That's the main curse of the sword. The fact that Luffy isn't dead yet from holding the sword says a lot.

Not saying "Oh the curse won't affect him at all", but if it did affect him, it affected him less because he's not dead.
Idk if simply holding onto a cursed blade would grant resistance to the curse itself as Chopper held the sandai kitetsu for a little bit and nothing happened to him.
Tenguyama said that Luffy'd get the curse just by holding it and he was scared of just holding it.
The swords owner said he was scared of just throwing it away.
And Luffy, who actually used the sword in battle, should get more than those above.

For Chopper, idk if we wanna call it an outlier for him since it was a plot device used to... give Zoro his sword and let him sense it.

Luffy's luck already makes situations like this consistent, so I think Luffy should get it.

Zoro's just a massive badass and wanted to directly test the curse of the sword by seeing if it'll lob his arm off.

The Kitetsu's revolve around providing their wielders with straight up death. That's the main curse of the sword. The fact that Luffy isn't dead yet from holding the sword says a lot.

Not saying "Oh the curse won't affect him at all", but if it did affect him, it affected him less because he's not dead.
This is an assumption, we literally don't know how long a user has to hold a kitetsu sword for the curse to kill someone, we also don't know the methods of which it does it; is it manipulating situations that lead to the users death or is it straight up death hax that will kill instantly. We don't know.
Tenguyama said that Luffy'd get the curse just by holding it and he was scared of just holding it.
The swords owner said he was scared of just throwing it away.
And Luffy, who actually used the sword in battle, should get more than those above.

For Chopper, idk if we wanna call it an outlier for him since it was a plot device used to... give Zoro his sword and let him sense it.

Luffy's luck already makes situations like this consistent, so I think Luffy should get it.
If simply holding the sword got them cursed to the point the effects would take place (death) then many characters apply for curse resistance; ippomatsu for placing the sword in the sword barrel thing, Tashigi for picking it up, chopper for carrying it, O-kiku for carrying it.

What's more likely, that all these people resist the curse of death because they held the sword? Or the effects of the curse don't act as fast nor grant instant death.

Luffy has supernatural luck, sure, but I've yet to see anything that shows him resisting the curse; with Zoro we get direct confirmation and with Luffy we don't, and with something as vague as curses I think that's needed.

This is an assumption, we literally don't know how long a user has to hold a kitetsu sword for the curse to kill someone, we also don't know the methods of which it does it; is it manipulating situations that lead to the users death or is it straight up death hax that will kill instantly. We don't know.

If simply holding the sword got them cursed to the point the effects would take place (death) then many characters apply for curse resistance; ippomatsu for placing the sword in the sword barrel thing, Tashigi for picking it up, chopper for carrying it, O-kiku for carrying it.

What's more likely, that all these people resist the curse of death because they held the sword? Or the effects of the curse don't act as fast nor grant instant death.

Luffy has supernatural luck, sure, but I've yet to see anything that shows him resisting the curse; with Zoro we get direct confirmation and with Luffy we don't, and with something as vague as curses I think that's needed.
I guess that's fair. I'll remove it then

Information analysis to my understanding is related to abilities strictly capable of figuring out the stats of an opponent and their skills via methods other than absorbing the information naturally as the battle progresses. I definitely think the later is the case for Luffy 99% of the time and I think this entire justification should instead be added onto his Intelligence section rather than remain a power.

Like, Luffy doesn't have a supernatural ability to deduce what his opponents are capable of. He has to fight them for some time. That's not a power, that's being combat smart and figuring shit out.

Similarly, status effect inducement is an absolute no go. I can pick up my cat, spin it around and make it dizzy. That doesn't give me status effect inducement. It's not happening via supernatural means, it's just a results of physics and biology being a thing.

Body puppetry is absolutely not a thing here either, even with the limited tagged on. Luffy is just using his superior strength and rubber characteristics to force someone to do things. It's not a "power".

The rest is fine.

Information analysis to my understanding is related to abilities strictly capable of figuring out the stats of an opponent and their skills via methods other than absorbing the information naturally as the battle progresses. I definitely think the later is the case for Luffy 99% of the time and I think this entire justification should instead be added onto his Intelligence section rather than remain a power.

Like, Luffy doesn't have a supernatural ability to deduce what his opponents are capable of. He has to fight them for some time. That's not a power, that's being combat smart and figuring shit out.
This is fine then
Similarly, status effect inducement is an absolute no go. I can pick up my cat, spin it around and make it dizzy. That doesn't give me status effect inducement. It's not happening via supernatural means, it's just a results of physics and biology being a thing.

Body puppetry is absolutely not a thing here either, even with the limited tagged on. Luffy is just using his superior strength and rubber characteristics to force someone to do things. It's not a "power".
Not all abilities are supernatural powers Crab.

We have stuff like Acrobatics, Stealth Mastery, Martial Arts, and more that don't involve supernatural abilities. We give people poison manip for owning regular natural poison darts. Heck we give people fire manip for flamethrowers.

People use superior speed to make hurricanes or light on fire with just pure physical stats.

Body Puppetry is limited cause it's not like literal puppetmaster stuff like Doflamingo, but via superior lifting strength and such, Luffy can genuinely control people's movements.

So maybe "Body Puppetry via superior lifting strength"

Status Effect Inducement, mannnnn I'm not sure. Because even though it's via natural causes, it's still an ability, especially for someone like Luffy who can do it effortlessly.
The rest is fine.
Thanks

Not all abilities are supernatural powers Crab.

We have stuff like Acrobatics, Stealth Mastery, Martial Arts, and more that don't involve supernatural abilities. We give people poison manip for owning regular natural poison darts. Heck we give people fire manip for flamethrowers.

People use superior speed to make hurricanes or light on fire with just pure physical stats.

And that's fine. X power via Y thing is fine. I never said it wasn't. But this is literally something that can be achieved by anyone, theoretically. Go back to my cat example. Same goes for a person. Literally any character that can outstrength someone else can probably do it. At that point it's not even a power, let alone status effect inducement.

Body Puppetry is limited cause it's not like literal puppetmaster stuff like Doflamingo, but via superior lifting strength and such, Luffy can genuinely control people's movements.

So maybe "Body Puppetry via superior lifting strength"
Imma be honest, I was iffy about my body puppetry exclusion. I genuinely don't know whether to apply it in this case or not. Switching stance to neutral.

Status Effect Inducement, mannnnn I'm not sure. Because even though it's via natural causes, it's still an ability, especially for someone like Luffy who can do it effortlessly.
See the above response.

Information Analysis (While fighting a Judo master who was attempting to hide his fighting style, Baki was able to instantly tell he was a Judo master, that he was trying to conceal this fact, and what course of action he was about to attempt)

Enhanced Senses and Information Analysis (Can detect someone's erratic heartbeats, and accurately diagnose their physical condition with a mere glance from a few meters away)

Information Analysis (With Ki, Yami is able to detect lies and the true intentions of his opponents, as well as their state of mind)

Status Effect Inducement (Yujiro uses a Yiquan/Taiki-Ken conceptual technique that leaves someone unable to breathe properly and causes tears and blood to obscure someone's vision)

Status Effect Inducement (By hitting the opponent repeatedly, without them being able to recover, he can cause them to enter the "Stun" status, which leaves them unable to react. His Focus Attack causes the opponent to enter a "crumpling" status)

Status Effect Inducement and Paralysis Inducement with tranquilizer darts

Status Effect Inducement (With flashbangs and sleeping gas, all of which are kept in his gauntlet, capes, boots, and his belt)

Imma be honest, I was iffy about my body puppetry exclusion. I genuinely don't know whether to apply it in this case or not. Switching stance to neutral.

Everything but Pseudo-Flight and Status Effect Inducement looks good to me, those don't really seem like the abilities so much

Reactive Power level and Reactive Evolution are also a bit iffy to me, but the described feats match the descriptions of the powers, so it should be fine

Literally all of this are way better then Luffy's feats
How is figuring what a dude can do throughout a battle even relative to figuring someone's entire martial style of a stance while they tried making it not obvious, figuring a person's physical condition on a medical level from looking at them or being a lie detector?
Status Effect Inducement (Yujiro uses a Yiquan/Taiki-Ken conceptual technique that leaves someone unable to breathe properly and causes tears and blood to obscure someone's vision)

Status Effect Inducement (By hitting the opponent repeatedly, without them being able to recover, he can cause them to enter the "Stun" status, which leaves them unable to react. His Focus Attack causes the opponent to enter a "crumpling" status)

Status Effect Inducement (With flashbangs and sleeping gas, all of which are kept in his gauntlet, capes, boots, and his belt)
None of this are anything like spinning someone really hard so again why should Luffy get the power of a rather mundane action?
Also the second one sounds like game mechanics

Body Puppetry I'm against since it's just superior LS
Other stuff seems fine

What I could work on then is elaborating on Luffy's Notable Attacks/Techniques section to include more abilities than just the main ones. Because if a non OP expert looked at his profile, they wouldn't know what Luffy could do.

And that's fine. X power via Y thing is fine. I never said it wasn't. But this is literally something that can be achieved by anyone, theoretically. Go back to my cat example. Same goes for a person. Literally any character that can outstrength someone else can probably do it. At that point it's not even a power, let alone status effect inducement.
See the above response.
Yeah I see your point, I'll just add it onto the Notable Attacks/Techniques for each one
Gotcha

Literally all of this are way better then Luffy's feats
How is figuring what a dude can do throughout a battle even relative to figuring someone's entire martial style of a stance while they tried making it not obvious, figuring a person's physical condition on a medical level from looking at them or being a lie detector?
Better /=/ not being able to have it. also
15.png
16.png

Which is also some sort of information analysis
None of this are anything like spinning someone really hard so again why should Luffy get the power of a rather mundane action?
Also the second one sounds like game mechanics
Because making someone dizzy is affecting them to not even be able to attack back

Status Effect Inducement (With Somersault Kick)
  • Somersault Kick: Sonic kicks out with his leg while in midair, releasing a thin blue wave of unknown properties as a projectile that can strike enemies from afar. Upon impacting a foe, it induces an affect akin to dizziness and leaves enemies to his mercy.

Last edited:
Because making someone dizzy is affecting them to not even be able to attack back

Status Effect Inducement (With Somersault Kick)
  • Somersault Kick: Sonic kicks out with his leg while in midair, releasing a thin blue wave of unknown properties as a projectile that can strike enemies from afar. Upon impacting a foe, it induces an affect akin to dizziness and leaves enemies to his mercy.
What ever page has this is wrong
Better /=/ not being able to have it. also
15.png
16.png

Which is also some sort of information analysis
I don't even think first one of this should even count
Also how is this IA?
He just hit the right target, could easily be enhanced senses

What ever page has this is wrong
Status Effect Inducement
Sweet Kiss: Nidoking plants a kiss on its opponent, which causes them to become extremely dizzy and confused.

Status Effect Inducement, which includes, Empathic Manipulation (Dizziness/Nausea, Confusion, Despair and Rage)

Status Effect Inducement (Some of the weapons thrown with Anki Hou have a "stun" effect)
  • Anki Hou: Hsien-Ko tosses a weapon out of her sleeve in the opponent's direction, changing the angle depending on the situation. She possesses large set of items, with some of them (hammers, boulders, barrels and "stars") being able to stun the opponent, leaving them dizzy and unable to react for a brief period.
Status Effect Inducement (By hitting the opponent repeteadly, without them being able to recover, he can cause them to enter the "Dizzy/Stun" status, which leaves them unable to react. He can cause this status with a "Parry Move" as well)

Status Effect Inducement (Some of the weapons thrown with Anki Hou have a "stun" effect)
  • Anki Hou: Hsien-Ko tosses a weapon out of her sleeve in the opponent's direction, changing the angle depending on the situation. She possesses large set of items, with some of them (hammers, boulders, barrels and "stars") being able to stun the opponent, leaving them dizzy and unable to react for a brief period.
Status Effect Inducement (By hitting the opponent repeteadly, without them being able to recover, he can cause them to enter the "Dizzy/Stun" status, which leaves them unable to react. He can cause this status with a "Parry Move" as well)
Again this sounds like just pure game mechanics lol
Status Effect Inducement
Sweet Kiss: Nidoking plants a kiss on its opponent, which causes them to become extremely dizzy and confused.

Status Effect Inducement, which includes, Empathic Manipulation (Dizziness/Nausea, Confusion, Despair and Rage)
Isn't this just mind manipulation rather then causing nasua through physical means?
That one counts because you can't replicate it by just spinning someone around lol

You proved literally nothing with all of those examples. Because Luffy doesn't have some supernatural or even incredibly developed skill to do that to opponents. Again, it's being combat smart. It's good for his intelligence justification but it's not good to grant him anything else.

Once again, running into the same problem here. These examples don't prove Luffy has anything.

What I could work on then is elaborating on Luffy's Notable Attacks/Techniques section to include more abilities than just the main ones. Because if a non OP expert looked at his profile, they wouldn't know what Luffy could do.

You proved literally nothing with all of those examples. Because Luffy doesn't have some supernatural or even incredibly developed skill to do that to opponents. Again, it's being combat smart. It's good for his intelligence justification but it's not good to grant him anything else.

Once again, running into the same problem here. These examples don't prove Luffy has anything.
Sure 🐵

I agree... But I don't fully understand...

Are you saying instead of adding ability like Status Effect Inducement you explain how it works on his Attacks/Techniques section?

All I have to say with regards to this... if those feats are enough for supernatural luck, then I'm definitely making that Supernatural Luck Tsuna CRT sometime in the future. Get ready for Passive Fate Manipulation, Supernatural Luck, and/or Probability Manipulation (Can overcome odds of an almost impossible scale; out of nigh-infinite possibilities, he created the one possibility where Byakuran could be defeated; with only a 0.0008% chance of victory. Reborn states that Tsuna has overcome many "miracle situations" and come out on top against impossible odds time and time again. Has correctly guessed things that were unguessable and which he had no previous knowledge of, or experience in. Has turned his misfortune into luck)

Everything else looks fine, although, I will say that Information Analysis should probably be listed as 'Limited' since it's really just Luffy having good observation skills.

Not that I disagree with Luffy having SL, I just always thought a lot more evidence was needed for it, which is why I never made a thread giving it to Tsuna.

Hmmm, say we have a magical ability that makes a target spin around 16 times in a second, thus, making them dizzy.

Would that qualify for any sort of hax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back