• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Lao G and Trafalgar Law Additions

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Lao G is shown to target Pressure Points
We see in his teaching to Law that he's pointing out the body's pressure points.
We can see in his fight with Chinjao that he was targeting his pressure points.

So he should get that.

They say Law was taught Diamante's Swordsmanship, Gladius' Artillery, and Lao G's Martial Arts. He should get those abilities.
We can see him pretty blatantly say that he knows those abilities.

He should get Pressure Points, but he should also get Proficient Marksmanship

Last edited:
This is fine, though I don't know if we can verify Law's skill enough to say that he's an "expert" as opposed to just skilled / trained. When it comes to Marksmanship that is.

Added this
Am i trippin or are you stating because he is capable of pointing out pressure points in physical combat, he’d be an expert marksman? Or is “expert marksmanship” just another poorly phrased ability on vsbw? Because marksman refers to proficency in ranged weaponary.

Am i trippin or are you stating because he is capable of pointing out pressure points in physical combat, he’d be an expert marksmanship? Or is “expert marksmanship” just another poorly phrased ability on vsbw?
Look at the first panel in scan that is in the OP.

Am i trippin or are you stating because he is capable of pointing out pressure points in physical combat, he’d be an expert marksmanship? Or is “expert marksmanship” just another poorly phrased ability on vsbw?
Expert Marksmanship due to the fact that he was trained by Gladius, an Expert Marksman, and taught how to shoot, and knows how to aim very well with his long range attacks and his attacks that require aiming like Injection Shot

Ah my bad. I dont see enough evidence for an expert rating, being taugh by an expert doesnt necessarily mean an equal translation in skill. But proficent/experienced would be fine.

Law would have beaten Doffy if he had simply used the Lower Back Pain Stance like Lao G taught him, smh

Agreed that Law should gain these abilities. Though I also agree that we shouldn't necessarily call him an "expert" in Marksmanship without shown feats to draw from. Calling him skilled is fine.

No, he said he was taught “Gladius’ Artillery” which doesnt necessarily translate to = skill. Im fine with the rest, and giving Law proficency in marksmanship due to being taught from an expert.

No, he said he was taught “Gladius’ Artillery” which doesnt necessarily translate to = skill. Im fine with the rest, and giving Law proficency in marksmanship due to being taught from an expert.
If I have learnt Zoro's three swords style... Would I not get his skill in terms of three swords style? 🤔

Doffy literally says he has gladius's Artillery

If I have learnt Zoro's three swords style... Would I not get his skill in terms of three swords style?
If you were taught by Zoro in the art of three sword style. You would be capable of doing three sword style. You wouldnt however be as profiecent at Zoro at it unless specified. 😑

If I have learnt Zoro's three swords style... Would I not get his skill in terms of three swords style?
Think of it like this.

A character can be taught Judo by a Judo Master. But that doesn't mean they are automatically as skilled as that Judo Master, even after completing the training. Just because you learn from someone doesn't mean you achieve their level of skill.

You wouldnt however be as profiecent at Zoro at it unless specified. 😑
I said zoro's three sword style not three sword style

If someone says I have Zoro's swordsmanship then it would mean I have the same skill in terms of swordsmanship as zoro

That is literally what it says but instead says gladius's artillery

Think of it like this.

A character can be taught Judo by a Judo Master. But that doesn't mean they are automatically as skilled as that Judo Master, even after completing the training. Just because you learn from someone doesn't mean you achieve their level of skill.
Yee which isn't stated... It isn't stated that he's taught by gladius... It says he is taught gladius's artillery... Which is his skill that law has learnt

Honestly, I'm leaning towards "skilled" in terms of marksmanship. He's trained for accuracy obviously, but there's no direct feats that show him to be an exepert with a firearm (like how he's precise with abilities like injection shot) to warrant expertise imo

Yee which isn't stated... It isn't stated that he's taught by gladius... It says he is taught gladius's artillery
Thats...the same thing dude. He was taught marksmanship by Gladius. We even see Kid Law training with him in his flashback.

Being taught Gladius's artillery could easily just mean his style of marksmanship. Not that he's Gladius's pure equal in skill.

Thats...the same thing dude. He was taught marksmanship by Gladius. We even see Kid Law training with him in his flashback.

Being taught Gladius's artillery could easily just mean his style of marksmanship. Not that he's Gladius's pure equal in skill.
Hmm 🤔 I'm not sure

Having Lao g's martial arts doesn't mean you have been tought martial arts by Leo g... If I have been tought to jump like zoro that means I have been tought his jumping skill/ability

Yee he got tought Leo g's matrial arts by Leo g

Which further proves he has his skill in terms of that via that statement
Yes, he was taught his Martial arts. Which is what I've been saying. But that again, doesn't make him equal to them.

Monkey, Law left the Donquixote Pirates when he was still a child. Nothing indicates he got to their level of skill while he was training with them in the crew.

Robin got taught fishman karate by Koala. Would you say she has replicated Koala's style or mastery?
If it says she's thought koala's fishman karate, yes. If it says she was thought Fishman karate by koala, no.

I said zoro's three sword style not three sword style

If someone says I have Zoro's swordsmanship then it would mean I have the same skill in terms of swordsmanship as zoro

That is literally what it says but instead says gladius's artillery
How do you not understand your own hypothetical. I‘m not wasting anymore time. To say Law has the same skill lvl as Gladius is incorrect. Proficent Markship is fine.

Would you say Santoryu is Zoro's style and only Zoro's style?
No not really, you can be thought three sword style which was created by zoro and not be able to use it like him, the difference is being tought to have Zoro's Three Swords style specifically, which means you can use oni Giri and those types of techniques the same as zoro

But since I'm outnumbered I won't debate this no more

If it says she's thought koala's fishman karate, yes. If it says she was thought Fishman karate by koala, no.
Monkey, by your logic all of these kids are as skilled as Zoro for adapting Zoro's style of the blade. It's "Zoro's blade style."
tumblr_pgk624BHUb1th8tuuo1_500.png

By your logic Hody, Hack and Jinbe should be equal in skill for both dedicating their fighting style to Fishman Karate.
Hell, Chinjao and his family all use a style exclusive to their navy yet none of them are comparable outside of Sai and Chinjao himself.
Learning someone's style/martial art=/= being just as good

Monkey, by your logic all of these kids are as skilled as Zoro for adapting Zoro's style of the blade. It's "Zoro's blade style."
tumblr_pgk624BHUb1th8tuuo1_500.png

By your logic Hody, Hack and Jinbe should be equal in skill for both dedicating their fighting style to Fishman Karate.
Hell, Chinjao and his family all use a style exclusive to their navy yet none of them are comparable outside of Sai and Chinjao himself.
Learning someone's style/martial art=/= being just as good
Literally not what I said at all... Tho think you posted it at the wrong time
No not really, you can be thought three sword style which was created by zoro and not be able to use it like him, the difference is being tought to have Zoro's Three Swords style specifically, which means you can use oni Giri and those types of techniques the same as zoro

But since I'm outnumbered I won't debate this no more

Being taught marksmanship from someone does not make you as skilled as said person without evidence

Try and refute that if you want, if you can make a good refutation of that statement being incorrect, then sure we can have expert marksmanship. Because all that scan shows is that Law was taught marksmanship from Gladius.

Back