• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: King Kong Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor Wano Key Revisions
AY, AY, Chill! I know we are not supposed to touch Wano right now, but this is a minor thing that current will only be applied to four characters. (Damage, put the gun down), actually nevermind, I'm scared for my life rn
Jus' a joke, let's move on to the actual CRT

The King Kong Gun feat
About damn time, huh? So, my calc has been evaluated and seemingly accepted by Psychomaster, so let's talk about, y'know, how it scales.

First, the KKG is 210 Gigatons, this value does not scale for absolutely anyone! Everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE who faced this technique was submitted, or was already way above it on the scale (Kaido, in the Anime), so the value of 210 Gigatons is inconsequential. I believe that because of this, it should be fitting to add this value to Luffy's profile, putting his strongest technique at Large Island Level.

Outlier isn't exactly a viable option here, the Gear 4th, and the King Kong Gun are much stronger than they are depicted in the profile, the thing is we just didn't have a correct value for it. However, there is one issue to be resolved based on how we treat the King Kong Gun, which is downscaling.
We currently treat KKG as 4 times more powerful than Gear Third, as KKG is basically Gear Fourth's version of this technique, so if we went downscale, Gear Third would be 55 Gigatons, or Island Level.

This would scale to characters like Fujitora, who was able to fend off Gear Third's attacks, Zoro via powerscaling, and a few others that don't come to mind at the moment.

Conclusion
  • King Kong Gun should be added to Luffy's profile as Large Island Level.
  • possibly, we should downscale Gear 3rd to 55 Gigatons, and scaled for the respective profiles.

Last edited:
Following

We do not treat KKG as 4x G3rd, we treat KKG as "At least 4x G3rd", which means we cannot backscale from it.

The calc is fine to add to the profile, but I heavily disagree with anyone/anything scaling to it except maybe the god tiers, who already drastically scale to a higher value

Following

We do not treat KKG as 4x G3rd, we treat KKG as "At least 4x G3rd", which means we cannot backscale from it.

The calc is fine to add to the profile, but I heavily disagree with anyone/anything scaling to it except maybe the god tiers, who already drastically scale to a higher value
I explicitly said no one scales to it directly, so yeah, I agree with that
I will remove the 4x downscaling.

I absolutely agree, it exists in a vacuum where nothing scales to it, has only appeared once in canon so it has no other showings to contradict it, that one showing is where the High 6-C feat comes from so outlier isn't a good argument to use against it, and the god tiers already scale to stuff that's far higher than it, so it's not like it's the highest calc in the verse.

All in all, there should be no contention (key word being "should") unless the calc is wrong.

Last edited:
IIRC Damage said he had problems with the calc itself(?) so let's see what the issue is before doing anything ig

Seems good enough. It exists in a void where it's WAY below the God tiers, but still over the mid-tiers. Doesn't effect the mid-tiers since nobody backscales, and doesn't effect the God tiers for scaling over 260 times BELOW them.
The only issue I see is the fact the G3 downscale. Doffy may then have to scale to G3 for blocking it, which changes a few characters in the Dressrosa scaling chain as well. Law, Zoro, Fujitora, are the only ones that come to mind for now. but those guys always scaled over the rest of the Dressrosa mid- tiers anyway. Other than that, it seems fine.

I believe this would be something like:

"Attack Potency: 7-B, 7-A with Gear 2nd Buso, and Gear 3rd, High 7-A with Gear: Boundman, High 6-C with King Kong Gun"

I believe this would be something like:

"Attack Potency: 7-B, 7-A with Gear 2nd Buso, and Gear 3rd, High 7-A with Gear: Boundman, High 6-C with King Kong Gun"
This obviously applies to all keys, as Wanokuri isn't really revised.
Can someone apply the revision? I am currently on my phone, and it's very unreliable for editing profiles. Plus, Luffy's profile is locked.

wouldn't it be better to put 6-C with stronger attacks and High 6-C with king Kong gun?
KKG was the "stronger attack", tankman also was included in the same league as KKG for some reason, but nope.

I still need Luffy's profile to be unlocked so I can edit it.

Also, lil' inconsistent ratings innit bruh ?

Damage isn't exactly an advocate for this feat, they're more of a neutral, which I imagine is the reason why they didn't apply it there and then.

Could you ask the All Purpose Thread to open the profile? I sort of forgot where it was
I've unlocked Luffy's profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back