• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Garp: "Sengoku, hold me down, I am literally about to murder Akainu."

Admiral fans: "this guy would never be able to do that."

Aokiji: fights on par with Garp like 3 years later.

Absolute geniuses: "Aokiji has remained the exact same strength for the entire series."
Garp would've packed up Sakazuki permanently and turn his ass into a donut for sure 🥱.
Now whether it would've easy or difficult, I'm not certain.

You're not allowed to talk
tmYJ4to.png
Even for a 2022 list this is crazy

Hybrid Rokushiki Lucci is comparable to no-Hao G4, who could hurt Dragon Kaido.
I dont think he's comparable to gear 4 luffy's acoa, unless we have evidence that luffy was using internal destruction he wouldn't scale. Also how is lucci comparable to luffy in ap? Neither of them dealt any damage to S-bear so its quite impossible to compare their ap.

I’m almost done with fishman island(pretty great)
W opinion.

People trash that arc when it's one of the most important and well crafted story arc's Oda has ever made. I understand how people can hate Oda's paneling and the gigantic amount of text dumps he does, because I hate it as well. But getting past those issues, you can see just how well done the arc actually is.

I dont think he's comparable to gear 4 luffy's acoa, unless we have evidence that luffy was using internal destruction he wouldn't scale.
Lucci only used Rokugan in 1076.
Also how is lucci comparable to luffy in ap? Neither of them dealt any damage to S-bear so its quite impossible to compare their ap.
Portrayal, as nothing indicated Hybrid Rokushiki Lucci as below no-Hao G4 Luffy, plus their combined punch at the end of the barrage showed each of them having equal "impact" with their final punches.

W opinion.

People trash that arc when it's one of the most important and well crafted story arc's Oda has ever made. I understand how people can hate Oda's paneling and the gigantic amount of text dumps he does, because I hate it as well. But getting past those issues, you can see just how well done the arc actually is.
Tbh, the only point against FMI is that Hody Jones himself is kinda bad. His whole crew had to actively destroy their bodies to hold their own, and even then, he had to form an alliance with another crew. A dude who is literally Caesar Clown was seen as the next step up from him.

Portrayal, as nothing indicated Hybrid Rokushiki Lucci as below no-Hao G4 Luffy, plus their combined punch at the end of the barrage showed each of them having equal "impact" with their final punches.
Ehhh, this doesn't make much sense with our current scaling.

We currently scale G5 as being merely > Base Luffy when it's not using size amps or anything like that.

That means G4 scales way higher than G5 does normally, so it doesn't make any sense for a stronger form of Luffy to be weaker than a weaker form of Lucci.

And changing this doesn't seem to make sense given that Zoro is currently fighting Awakened Lucci.

Garp: "Sengoku, hold me down, I am literally about to murder Akainu."

Admiral fans: "this guy would never be able to do that."

Aokiji: fights on par with Garp like 3 years later.

Absolute geniuses: "Aokiji has remained the exact same strength for the entire series."
And it's not even that they were on par. Garp overwhelmed aokiji multiple times in their foght.

Lucci only used Rokugan in 1076.

I'm fine with them having equal impact/physical strength but that doesn't mean their ap is equal or relative.
And as I said even if he did scale to gear 4 it would simply be base arm haki.

Ehhh, this doesn't make much sense with our current scaling.

We currently scale G5 as being merely > Base Luffy when it's not using size amps or anything like that.

That means G4 scales way higher than G5 does normally, so it doesn't make any sense for a stronger form of Luffy to be weaker than a weaker form of Lucci.

And changing this doesn't seem to make sense given that Zoro is currently fighting Awakened Lucci.
Pretty sure no Hao G5 > no Hao G4, we just scale Lucci as only above base Buso Luffy since there's no way he scales evenly to G5 itself.

Pretty sure no Hao G5 > no Hao G4, we just scale Lucci as only above base Buso Luffy since there's no way he scales evenly to G5 itself.
Personally, my opinion is that all the G4s are, in some way, >G5. Snakeman has speed via the bouncing off air, Boundman has the AP due to just being jacked Luffy with Buso on, etc. Tankman sucks ass.

I see it as "G5 is a jack-of-all trades boost, and can specialize itself to surpass G4 with other techniques."
Me currently I see it as, gear 5 is above any gear 4

but can also add on to his gear 5 by using gear 4 techniques aswell

basically gear 4 < gear 5 < gear 5 + gear 4

Back