• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

S+: Mihawk, Shanks, Blackbeard

S: Luffy, Kaidou, Big Mom, Akainu, Kuzan

A: Garp, Kizaru, Nusjuro, Benn Beckman, Zoro, Rayleigh, Hancock, Law, Sanji, Issho, Greenbull,

B: King, Marco, Yamato, Queen, Kid, Sabo, Lucci, Jinbe, Crocodile

C: Katakuri

D: Doflamingo

F: Magellan

Not ordered within tiers
Kuzan over Garp is contentious, and Blackbeard over Luffy is brave, but probably true. Other than that and having Queen and King like one space too high each, this list is good.

S+: Mihawk, Shanks, Blackbeard

S: Luffy, Kaidou, Big Mom, Akainu, Kuzan

A: Garp, Kizaru, Nusjuro, Benn Beckman, Zoro, Rayleigh, Hancock, Law, Sanji, Issho, Greenbull,

B: King, Marco, Yamato, Queen, Kid, Sabo, Lucci, Jinbe, Crocodile

C: Katakuri

D: Doflamingo

F: Magellan

Not ordered within tiers
Law Sanji and Hancock on the same tier as Kizaru Issho and Greenbull feels so wrong. I'm not entirely sure if Zoro and Rayleigh are equal to them either (or at the least I think they don't scale to Kizaru's full speed)

Law Sanji and Hancock on the same tier as Kizaru Issho and Greenbull feels so wrong
How come?

Law and Sanji have feats to back it up, and Hancock is portrayed to be really strong (databook statements and she, Tsuru, and Mihawk are the only 3 people in the world he didn't troll when he came into contact with them)

How come?

Law and Sanji have feats to back it up
Such as?
I mean, Law clashing with BB was VERY impressive, so I suppose you could argue he can clash with the Admirals, but just having great AP and striking strength (or what ever it's called) alone ain't enough to take down an Admiral.
Idk what Sanji has under his belt. His IJ beatdown on Queen was impressive but not enough to clash with the Admirals and/or beat them.
and Hancock is portrayed to be really strong (databook statements and she, Tsuru, and Mihawk are the only 3 people in the world he didn't troll when he came into contact with them)
I suppose that's fair. Two top tiers complimented her strength a lot (Sengoku prior to retirement and BB).

Such as?
I mean, Law clashing with BB was VERY impressive, so I suppose you could argue he can clash with the Admirals, but just having great AP and striking strength (or what ever it's called) alone ain't enough to take down an Admiral.
Good thing Law is one of the hax-iest, most versatile, and most tactical fighters in the series. And his Haki is nothing to scoff at either. He can definitely hold his own against Admirals. Not too sure about beating one just yet though.
Idk what Sanji has under his belt. His IJ beatdown on Queen was impressive but not enough to clash with the Admirals and/or beat them.
Harming a flame on Lunarian in his base, stopping a laser from Kizaru in his base and taking minuscule damage from one (whether he got hit or not is still debatable), deflecting an attack from Saturn and dodging several of his attacks, taking an eye blast from Saturn pretty well when it could cause Gear 5 Luffy to bleed quite a bit, destroying a charged laser from Kizaru in his Exoskeleton, shrugging off a kick from him, blitzing and stopping a two-handed Haki coated sword swing from Nusjuro and socking him in the chin, taking a bite from him and seemingly not sustaining much damage.

He still hasn't even used Ifrit Jambe yet in Egghead. He can definitely give an Admiral a run for their money. He's got the strength, the speed, the regeneration, and the Haki to contend.

Discussion topics I was just thinking of:

1. What "YCs" would make good(like, actual, efficient, do-their-job type of good) Warlords, Yonkou, or Captains in general, if they weren't on their big crew, and how would that have changed things?

2. What character deserve a higher rank/status and why? (This post is excluding Garp and Chopper, because we all know what's going on there.)

1. What "YCs" would make good(like, actual, efficient, do-their-job type of good) Warlords, Yonkou, or Captains in general, if they weren't on their big crew, and how would that have changed things?
Only one I can think of are Katakuri for Warlord
2. What character deserve a higher rank/status and why? (This post is excluding Garp and Chopper, because we all know what's going on there.)
Oven should be a Sweet Commander. Koby should be a Vice Admiral.

Harming a flame on Lunarian in his base,
I don't think he did this, and it'd especially make no sense anyway because Zoro couldn't do it and Zoro with Santoryu and Iai moves like Shishi Sonson > Base Sanji
stopping a laser from Kizaru in his base and taking minuscule damage from one (whether he got hit or not is still debatable),
True that. He did get hit (if you're referring to the panel I'm thinking of), but he endured it pretty easily
deflecting an attack from Saturn and dodging several of his attacks,
True.
taking an eye blast from Saturn pretty well when it could cause Gear 5 Luffy to bleed quite a bit,
True.
destroying a charged laser from Kizaru in his Exoskeleton,
Think you already said this but yeah, you're correct, he did do that.
shrugging off a kick from him
I mean, it did visibly hurt him (enough to make him drop Vegapunk from the pain), but yeah.
blitzing and stopping a two-handed Haki coated sword swing from Nusjuro and socking him in the chin, taking a bite from him and seemingly not sustaining much damage.
I don't think he "stopped" it as much as he just used it to propel himself and kick him before it could reach Bonney and Franky. Still impressive, obviously, just not the same as stopping the strike.
And that bite did seem to hurt him somewhat, I think he was down for a few pages after it. Could be wrong though.
He still hasn't even used Ifrit Jambe yet in Egghead. He can definitely give an Admiral a run for their money. He's got the strength, the speed, the regeneration, and the Haki to contend.
Meh..
On one hand he does have some great feats here and there, but on the other, he's up against guys who could take ACoA Snakeman punches to their arms like a mosquito bit them, and CoA ( and/or ACoC) punches from Old Garp.

I don't think he "stopped" it as much as he just used it to propel himself and kick him before it could reach Bonney and Franky.
Why would Sanji need to use the blade to propel himself? He can literally use Sky Walk. The impact mark from Sanji kicking the blade and the tremble marks around the blade afterwards implies that Sanji's kick stopped it.
I think he was down for a few pages after it. Could be wrong though.
We've only see him fall from the bite so far. It didn't seem to do significant damage, but either way that's still very impressive considering how the Gorosei > Lucci and a non-exoskeleton Sanji can take attacks from them and be fine.
he's up against guys who could take ACoA Snakeman punches to their arms like a mosquito bit them
Unironically Snakeman scales below/around Base Sanji with Diable or Base Exoskeleton Sanji in terms of AP.
I don't think he did this, and it'd especially make no sense anyway because Zoro couldn't do it and Zoro with Santoryu and Iai moves like Shishi Sonson > Base Sanji
We can't say "it makes no sense" when we see it in the panel and it's not like he doesn't have supporting feats to put him on that level so we can't say it's an outlier. Even though the fight was off-screened, we know Sanji was putting in the work because afterwards Bonney was like "Woah Sanji is so cool he can cook and kick ass." Kind of implies he was dominating.

Why would Sanji need to use the blade to propel himself? He can literally use Sky Walk.
..Good question tbh.
Jumping off the blade looking cooler is the only thing I can come up with ngl. Lol
We've only see him fall from the bite so far. It didn't seem to do significant damage, but either way that's still very impressive considering how the Gorosei > Lucci and a non-exoskeleton Sanji can take attacks from them and be fine.
You're right, I'm just saying it was definitely painful for him, even if it wasn't that significant.
Unironically Snakeman scales below/around Base Sanji with Diable or Base Exoskeleton Sanji in terms of AP.

We can't say "it makes no sense" when we see it in the panel and it's not like he doesn't have supporting feats to put him on that level so we can't say it's an outlier. Even though the fight was off-screened, we know Sanji was putting in the work because afterwards Bonney was like "Woah Sanji is so cool he can cook and kick ass." Kind of implies he was dominating.
No offense, but stuff like this is why I want to avoid powerscaling more.

Nah nah I get saying Sanji is strong (again there's that statement from the magazine calling him and Zoro incredibly strong members of the crew), but saying base Sanji > Santoryu/Iai Zoro is crazy.

but saying base Sanji > Santoryu/Iai Zoro is crazy.
I don't think it's that crazy when Zoro has Buso, even stronger Buso (like he used to finish Lucci off with), Enma Unleased, Hao Infusion, Asura, and then KoH, with different level of attacks within each amp.

Only one I can think of are Katakuri for Warlord
Really? I think there are some great options for high ranks.

-Kuzan could be a Warlord or Yonkou if he'd killed the Blackbeard Pirates.
-Mihawk could be a Yonkou if he chose to assemble a crew.
-Zoro could be the ideal Pirate Hunter, and this a great Warlord, if he wasn't working with Luffy. Johnny and Yosaku could be his underlings if they wanted.
-Marco would've probably been a Yonkou if his side won the Payback War.
-Ace would've probably been a Yonkou if Marineford had gone a lot better.
-Beckman is highly intelligent and powerful, so I believe he could assemble a powerful crew in any career.
-Etc.
Oven should be a Sweet Commander.
I mean, I don't think he's below Snack, so he could be there.
Koby should be a Vice Admiral.
I think Koby should have his own Marine Base at this point.

Though that's not nearly as bad as "Kizaru low diffed Snakeman" when the dude didn't even seem to really hurt Luffy and most of that damage was from the barrier.

Btw I specifically answered like this because I did not feel like having a conversation as dumb as "Is base Sanji on par with/above Santoryu/Iai Zoro??", that shit's for the birds bruh. Again, no offense, but oh my stars what a goofy topic
I mean you can believe that, but if anything the take that Zoro without using Haki is anywhere close to being far above Base Sanji is goofy because they've always been portrayed and given feats of around the same level at the least.

I have no idea where the idea of Sanji's AP being bad came from. The reason he's scary is because of the strength of his kicks, not because his speed or the heat of his flames. It's always been this way.

IMG_20240606_082842.jpg

I guess it says here that Sanji's kicks are at their peak

I don't see why it matters. They've all got Lunarian durability.
Yeah, well I'm under the belief that Zoro and Sanji are a lot stronger on Egghead than they were during Onigashima, so to me Sanji scaling above that version of Zoro isn't much of an issue in the same way that Skypiea Sanji being above Alabasta Zoro isn't.

Back