• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Fujitora's meteor velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.
@William - I do not believe that anyone dodged Laxus's lightning at a point-blank range as compared to something like 5+ meters away, and he usually attacked with melee attacks, or electric charged ranged attacks. Dodging lightning can even be supersonic or slower if aim-dodging is involved (which is why I will NEVER accept the Relativistic Luffy calculation).

Enel was pre time-skip, and the characters jumped from Hypersonic to MHS in CP9 arc thanks to Kalifa's feat and Luffy/Lucci powerscaling. How is that any different from them jumping up to sub-rel due to a feat made 2 years later?

Luffy went from Hypersonic in Skypeia to MHS in base during CP9 arc. that's around 100 times the difference in speed in a matter of WEEKS as compared to a 20 time difference in speed in around 2 years time (except we have to disregard Fish-man Island arc due to us not doing backwards scaling from future arcs... Punk Hazard scales due to Law and Vergo, though)

@cin Last post here from me.

Lowest end hypersonic 5 mach

Highest end MHS 1000mach

Equals a diffrence of 995 mach.

Here the diffrence is around 11000 mach so,please don't tell me it's the same thing.

And don't go by he got 100 times faster before so, there is no reason think it's weird for him to get 20 times faster now,because anyone can use numbers on that way and that type of logic... I will just end it here for this thread.

it's weird to think that the meteorite would move so slowly despite the massive time it would take to hit the ground from Fujitora's initial pull.

I'm trying to say that verses have large jumps in power and speed between arcs, especially if there is a time-skip. Dragonball is a good example--High Hypersonic to Sub-Rel+ is a massive jump.

Even if we disregard it, massive power-ups are common in shounen manga. Luffy went from Town~Large Town in Fishman to Mountain in PH to Island in Dressrosa despite there obviously being no time for him to train in between.

@Cin sorry was in a class so I couldn't respond. My issue is not with laws room slices, I understand that those do not affect velocity in a any way, my issue is that in order for Don to slice along what was previously the side of the meteor he either had to attack it from the side or it turned after the slice to face him which I'd imagine Laws slice or not the turning would affect its falling velocity. And even though Laws room do not directly affect the velocity of the object what has basically happened is that it's shape has changed abruptly; which wouldn't make turning in the air unreasonable. I'm just saying it should be taken into account

Lina Shields said:
Are there any other speed feats in OP that would contradict Doffy's speed here?

Pretty sure that all of the MHS speeds that we have for the OP characters come from Doffy's meteor slicing feat.
I thought there were a couple such as kalifa reacting to lightning and buffalo dodging lightning as well, there's also enel and kizaru to take into consideration

@David - one could make the argument that the meteorite turning while falling after Law's slash would actually increase the speed in which it approached Doflamingo, as the rounded part was facing Doflamingo and the only way for it to face him in such a manner is to rotate downward towards him.

It's possible that the meteorite may have slowed down by the time Doflamingo prepared to swing his attack, but the momentum of the meteorite would not have been minimized in such a small time-frame, especially given that Law's attack could not hinder its movement due to how it operates.

If a punch struck it and broke it apart, that would certainly be another story, but cutting it with a blade that can slice through anything would not stop the momentum.

It's likely I could be wrong, but I don't see the speed of the meteorite being hindered when it is already so close to the ground and falls in pieces for what could only be several meters, being less than 0.000003 seconds or so.

That Wikia tends not to go into depth, I'll find the scan since as stated on panel "around 50km" which if you think about it, is over a mile wide.

@William - "a mile wide" LOLWUT? that wiki page MUST have been trolled... I've made sure to read the English and Japanese versions of the manga, and I'll find the scan for you right now as I've memorized important chapters such as this:

Statement

Direction to further support

Someone needs to fix that wiki page XDDD

@Cin as I mentioned b4 I'm not mathematician nor am I a physicist (I'm literally studying law because I hate math) it still poses an issue in my opinion and even if it isn't a big issue it should still be taken into account. Hm also I'd imagine the calc used to measure Dons speed can also be applied to Erza, after reading the chapter again she also didn't actually start swinging her sword till she was about to hit the meteor; but that's by the way.

@David - impossible to calculate it, i think. Also, for Erza, since she was diving into the meteorite, and that entering the atmosphere should've slowed it down, it is not very likely that a calculation can be made to find a time-frame to find her swinging speed. But that's off-topic.

@cin aw well I guess that's fair for the meteor turning thing. As for the Erza thing as far as I understand there was no evidence that the meteor slowed down when entering the atmosphere, due to the reasoning that an object moving at such speeds would more likely than not simply cut through the atmosphere and the resistance and even it did slow down isn't there already a known standard for how quickly it would slow down and how much speed it would lose?

@david we can talk about that win Aiden if you want,but not here and yes the meteor didn't slow down beacuse that spell opens a portal in sky and you see the cloud formation adapts to meteors size,but leave that aside for now.

I already post it on the blog,but to make less spam there...

I said pretty much that rather than attack speed this should be considered reaction speed just like it was done Re:Zero Reid who got FTL reaction for reacting on 10 consecutive light speed "lasers"

And here we have pretty much the same thing here doflamingo is standing on one spot and he reacted on a meteor with two movements of his hand,just like Reid reacted on "lasers" with 10 using chopsticks (lol badass).

@William - in this case, it would scale to Attack Speed since we got to see a "before" and "after" panel of Doflamingo and the meteorite's position. He moved his arms in a distance during the time-frame in which the meteorite moved around 1.658142 meters. Doflamingo moved his right arm over 9.8983268 meters in the time-frame.

He also somehow avoided the impact of the meteorite's energy after this, suggesting careful and precise execution. He could've just tanked it, sure, but considering all 3 characters kept their foot holds, it's evident he was successful in completely avoiding the meteorite's impact.

Is it alright to actually apply this feat to the affected profiles? It's a long list, but I can do it unless someone offers to help.

Also, which profiles would need to be temporarily unlocked?

Every character from Dressrosa and so on (Vergo may scale, affecting Punk Hazard as well),

Law, Luffy, Admirals (Aokiji directly scales to Doflamingo), WB by extension, Blackbeard, All of WB's commanders, Mihawk, Rayleigh, Gold Roger, Garp, Sengoku, Vice Admirals, Jinbe, Crocodile during war arc, Chinjao, Sai, Ideo, Doflamingo's Executives and Top Executives (hence why Vergo may scale), Sanji, Zoro, Cavendish, Kyros, and that's all i can think of right now.

War Luffy will not scale due to his feats being inconsistent during that arc.

Okay, and which pages do I need to unlock?

I'll do the unlocked ones first and i'll be back to request others to be unlocked so that I can just get them done at once. Check in about 30 minutes or so.

I need Doflamingo, Zoro, Sanji, Luffy, Chinjao, Whitebeard, Akainu/Aokiji/Kizaru, Gold Roger, (i'll inform you of others if i find any)

Also, do you know the location of the Silvers Rayleigh vs Kizaru calculation (if is accepted here)?

It is on Narutoforums, but you may need to register to see the images.

The calc on a blog or something, and everyone can check it out.

I would appreciate if you could help him with unlocking and re-locking profiles Lina. I am very busy with the daily backlog, and also need to send out a mass-message to resolve our wiki drama afterwards.

Copied from blog post~

Im going to be really blunt here. But you cannot be serious with the scaling. Somehow you've gone from a feat of doflamingo and scaled it to fodder like Franky.

I've been fairly silent on this for awhile but this was the last straw . The scaling for One Piece, not just the speed here, is terrible.

The way it works is scaling to someone who sortof scales to someone who sortof scales to this person, etc etc. And now you've got mid tiers scaling to a feat from top tiers. That is a huge issue. You also dont take into consideration when chars dont fight seriously.

If I followed your logic I could scale Soul King Yhwach to true shikai Ichigo, since they fought for awhile, and then scale Ichigo to Candice because they also fought for a bit. And just like that, i've f'd the scaling and wanked the verse insanely

@Aizen- I agree about the Franky mess. The reasoning seemed proper at the time due to scaling from Lao G, but I realized that we had a separate discussion about Lao G's power compared to others. I will undo the edits dealt to such characters immediately.

LordAizenSama does make a good point. Only those of Doflamingo's level and above should logically scale.

@CinCameron20 Thank you for being reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back