• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Fujitora's meteor velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mach 1940 seems reasonable considering the context here, I guess. It's not like the meteor is going to take over 2 hours (using 11km/s) reach Alabasta while Fujitora/Law/Doffy lounge around and do nothing.

At least by using Mach 1940 we have a 2-minute timeframe, which is enough for Law/Doffy/Fujitora to be aware that said meteor is coming while recognizing that said meteor is coming down really, really fast.

^it also has sense because there is no need to consider it an outlier,but shouldn't this be anyway given to the calc group?

Okay. How does this affect the attack potency though? It could potentially heavily conflict with the other greatest feats of the series.

From this calc here, it seems that the diameter of the meteor in question was scaled from Fujitora, and the mass of said meteor turned out to be 2394 Tons.

2394 tons
As for the AP, using KE

• KE = 0.5*(2,394,000 kg)*((1940*340.3)^2) = 5.217e17 Joules; 124.7 Megatons
  • Mountain level
No change in AP necessary.

@Ant - The crater made conflicts with the AP that it should result in, but since Doflamingo, Law, and Fujitora sliced, and crushed the meteorite before impact, i don't see how that matters.

I'll do a quick calc here:

Meteor1
This image was already scaled before - the meteorite is 13.943m in diameter. Assuming it is a near-perfect sphere: it would be a volume of 11354.22m^3

the weight would be 30656394 kg

Using kinetic energy with Mach 1940 speed: I got 6.8431682596707E+18 joules, which is Small Island level. It does not conflict with the verse's AP at all, and seems very consistent with the AP of this arc. Considering all of them came out of this unscathed, it may support Small Island+ durability for Law

But here's the kicker: Doflamingo applying his two swipes to the meteorite with a Mach 1940 speed may actually give him high-end MHS+ speed, if not Sub-rel speed, which scales to most characters from Punk Hazard arc to now.

Edit: Taking reference from the calc I did before using 11km/s for the falling speed, I have found that Doflamingo's swiping speed would end up being Mach 11,580 - which is Sub-Relativistic.

@Lina Okay. Thank you for the help.

@CinCameron20 It is probably best to write down the Mach 1940 calculation as a blog, and try to get it accepted by the calc group members.

I will do the meteorite and Doflamingo speed calculation together. Should be done in 20 or so minutes or less. I'll inform you guys when the blog is completed and I will need the calculation thread to be linked to me while I'm in the process of this calculation.

@Cin: Take your time on that Fujitora's meteor speed calc. It seemed like the calc itself was a rather long process anyways.

Anyways, will check later.

@Lina - since i've done this feat in a calc like 3 different times for different reasons, it took about 2 minutes LOL.

I have posted on all Calc Member walls (except for Lina because she is part of this discusion xD!), and am awaiting input.

Whoa hold the phone ƒô▒. Sub-rel donflamingo? Isn't that like the very definition of an outlier? And if it isn't who would it scale to? That's kinda sending off warning bells in my head considering OP unlike most series has been impressively careful with its power growth and this would be a creep unlike any other.

Are there any other speed feats in OP that would contradict Doffy's speed here?

Pretty sure that all of the MHS speeds that we have for the OP characters come from Doffy's meteor slicing feat.

Considering that Kizaru is likely setting the bar for such speeds in One Piece for the later arcs and high tiers, it would not be an outlier, and is still far from comparing to Kizaru's light-speed.

And the calculation has nothing to push away from Doflamingo actually proving such speed given that we saw the meteorite before and after Doflamingo's assault on it.

Meanwhile, Luffy's relativistic calculation is impossible to prove due to 3 factors: 1) Aim-dodging, 2) hyperbole for laser speed, and 3) we never saw the beam and Luffy on the same panel until after Luffy had already dodged it.

Characters that I can think of who scale to this:

Doflamingo(duh), Trafalgar Law, Luffy, Sanji (fought Doflamingo), Zoro (equal to Sanji), Vergo (fought Sanji, and fought Law), High Executives (scaling to Vergo and Doflamingo), Chinjao (fought Luffy), Lao G (fought and bested Chinjao), Sai, Ideo, Dellinger, rest of Executives, Cavendish (blitzed Dellinger), Admirals, Sabo, Ace, Blackbeard, Whitebeard, Garp, Rayleigh, Gold Roger and that's all I can think of who can full on scale to this... Some of the Strawhats can scale to this, i believe.

Punk Hazard and future arcs scale from this due to Doflamingo and Law.

@Lina - MHS is supported by Kalifa pre time-skip for reacting to and defending against Lightning from several meters away. Punk Hazard and later scale to Doflamingo's speed feat.

@Scarlet - Scaling to rest of the verse, but a good direct scaling would be to Garp and Sengoku, who should be superior to Chinjao, who's old self could keep up with Gear 2nd Luffy in Dressrosa. And considering they also scale to other top tiers like Rayleigh and Whitebeard, it should help.

Aokiji also scales to Doflamingo, as he reacted to and stopped his arm-swipe, which was intended to kill Smoker.

Hmm but a thought, just occurred to me, isn't it likely that Don's actions were premeditated? I might not be explaining myself correctly but say he sees the meteor, thinks to himself I need to use x technique and hence kinda the opposite of aim dodging um aim attacking or something? I don't know man, it just seems a massive jump for a fairly grounded verse (note when I say grounded, I'm speaking relatively)

Is this calc coming as a result of the calc that put the OP Earth as several times larger than the Sun a while back?

Doflmanigo's speed is insane... Pretty sure this is an outlier considering the jump in speed is like 10k mach.

@Scarlet - No. It has nothing to do with the size of the Planet. The blog calculates the time-frame it would take the meteorite to go from the top of the atmosphere to the ground. The Atmosphere is scaled from the panel showing a bird-eye-view of Alabasta, which I got to be 80,000km+.

If a meteorite went at 11km/s, it would take 2 hours for it to hit the ground from its initial pull. That is inconsistent with the plot for several reasons. In other words, we estimate a 2 minute time-frame to find the speed of the meteorite.

From that, we can scale it to Doflamingo's speed, as we see the distance it travels between Point A and Point B when Doflamingo slices it apart, making him Sub-relativistic.

Not sure but the jump would be 11k Mach so, unless there is a confirmation this is pretty much designed to be outlier...

From what I'm gathering, his current speed links to a calc that puts him at 637 Mach. The new calc being discussed here puts him at 11k Mach. That's a pretty wild increase.

@Scarlet - from the 14km/s meteor calc which is currently accepted from the same feat: Mach 637 MHS.

If the meteorite speed is increased to what is being proposed in this thread: Mach 11515+, which is Sub Relativistic and around 1.4% SoL

@William - It would not be an outlier given that using lower meteor speeds would make a massive hole in logic and plot. Given that Doflamingo slashed the meteorite apart in such a manner, he has to be this fast if the meteorite is even close to Mach 1929.

The only other accepted Speed Calculation that I know of on this wiki is from Kalifa Pre-Timeskip, which is 2 years prior in plot, and the only other accepted calculation for the verse on this entire wiki.

Um quick question, considering I know little to nothing about maths I went through the comments of the calc and those related to it and one thing I noticed was Lina mentioned in the comments that after law sliced the meteor, the two halves fell towards Don and Fuji who both took the meteor from the larger sides correct? If so doesn't that suggest either the halves actually turned mid air and if so wouldn't that affect the meteors velocity? And if not and Don actually attacked from the side that would also mean that the meteors half started flying sideways which would also affect its velocity no?

Still the speed increase is very high, it's basically skipping the MHS+ tier and jumping directly to Sub-Rel, this doesn't look right.

Anyway I'll wait and see the input of the calc members on this.

I think that CinCameron20's calculation seems reliable, but let's wait for input from the calculation group.

@David - in all showings of Law's Room slices, they do not affect the velocity in which an object in moving. Room slices ignore durability and can cut through anything within the circle, so the slash would not affect the meteor's speed. it being redirected to Doflamingo would not have affected the speed of the meteorite, especially since it only altered its course by a few degrees.

After this feat, Law used Tact on a meteorite Fujitora dropped, and sent it flying in a 100 degree angle into Fujitora's ship.

@cin actually doflamingo had plenty of time to do it considering how high the meteor was and again you keep saying hole in logic and yet this is 1 and only case in 800+ pages of manga where we actually have MHS+ (Kizaru being an exception) and you say it's not to consider outlier? Anyway let's just let the calc group decide...

I have a rhetorical question.

Which of the two seems more outlandish:

1) the speed of characters being moved up by 11k Mach from a few hundred after a two year time-skip and fishman-island arc,

or

2) Three characters sitting idle on a beach twiddling their thumbs for 1 to 2 hours while a meteorite is slowly falling down to their location when all of them can move at faster than sound speeds anyways (one of them being capable of pseudo teleportation) while two of them are incredibly shocked for the entire duration and the marines barely make it off the beach in the nick of time (running 400 meters).

xD

@William - I'm suggesting Pre Time-skip except for Admirals, Rayleigh, WB and co. stay the same speed, but post time-skip (Punk Hazard and later) be Sub-Relativistic due to Doflamingo's feat.

Fairy Tail jumped from Hypersonic to MHS+, so what's wrong with OP going from MHS to Sub-rel post time-skip? XD

In fact I said outlier not that the calc is wrong bro... I mean at least a confirmation of this feat would make it acceptable,but just random 700mach to 11k+mach... You can't say that's not weird...

And again I can ask a same question:

what is more reasonable?

that a random 11kmach boost in speed for almost half of the characters even thou their MHS speed was proved like 10+ times or something.

Or to consider it an outlier like it's done for pretty much every other verse when they get something like this?

CinCameron20 said:
Fairy Tail jumped from Hypersonic to MHS+, so what's wrong with OP going from MHS to Sub-rel post time-skip? XD
Laxus' lightning was accepted as MHS so the jump was MHS->MHS+. Four times the increase if I'm correct.

And that feat is like from the very beginning of the series... Plus he already had that attacking speed anyway...

@William - only 2 MHS speed feats are accepted on this wikia, iirc. one of them is being discussed now and the other is pre-timeskip.

Laxus had MHS attack speed, no one else scaled to it. Everyone scaled to Hypersonic+ or High Hypersonic. it was not until Irene's meteorite that everyone scaled to MHS+

Enel has MHS+ attack speed due to lightning.

I am leaning towards CinCameron20's interpretation.

@cin he had MHS attack speed and no one considered the persons that dodged those attacks that's the point... and with him later getting from MHS>MHS+ and everyone that dodged and comparable and later with Irene's feat for the strongest characters, but that's as you see is a consistency and Irene's feat would of never been accepted if it wasn't for Laxus's lighting.

In case of Enel you said it yourself no one has ever reacted to it and they were kept on MHS mid end, and now they are going on low end sub relativistic all of sudden like that's just inconsistency... I am not saying calc is wrong or anything I just say the jump is way to big and if you think about it than other series that were considered outlier should be revisited as well, since going from mid end MHS to low end sub-relativistic with only 1 feat is not considered outlier all of a sudden.

Anyway, we will just wait for calc group members and possible others as well beacuse this should be more revisited and talked about as outlier rather than the calc it self...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back