• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread #3

CinCameron20 said:
@Oishi - That's information we received from Zou and Marineford. Whole-Cake did nothing new with that outside of having two commanders lose to Luffy.

Both commanders were underwhelming and... whelming respectively. Cracker was a joke. Katakuri brought nothing that Doflamingo didn't outside of consistent future-sight. Even Doflamingo's Awakening has better feats.
I mean even with the 2 year training, there is still a gap between Luffy and the Yonko.

Huh, so Shanks was basically allowed to walk straight into the castle with the Gorosei. I'm sure he's going to talk about Luffy, or someone relevant to Luffy/Strawhat (possibly even Blackbeard). Time to wait til next week.

Shakky was definitely involved with the "Rocks". I remember her specifically stating that Garp chased after her, and she mentioned that is was "over 40 years ago".

Seem familiar?

What I don't know is her position among the "Rocks"... was she an officer, the captain, a random pirate? I suspect she might have also had an engagement with Silvers Rayleigh before both fell in love and got married--typical cliche with the whole bad-ass husband and wife who were initially at eachother's throats.

I was also confused with her connection to the term "Rocks", but after looking at RB's theory where he also suspects it to be Shakky, he makes an interesting point that, as she is a bartender, it brings up the term how you order drinks "on the rocks". Interesting.

But if we were to take the name "Rocks" as "R.O.C.K.S", it'd make sense, as "Charlotte Linlin", "Kaido", and "Shakky" are part of it. We simply lack information on R and O, unless there are hints somewhere else.

Shakky top tier level? :p

also do we know for sure its Rocks and not Locks also it was 40 years ago roger would have been like 36 and it seems implied before it was rogers era it was Kaido and big moms era as it may also be implied the Rocks/Locks is alongside that era or even before so I am on the side that Locks/rocks may have been a yonko that roger and whitebeard replaced from that era 40 years ago and not a character we have currently met

How would you explain Big Mom being a Yonko of old generation while Kaido is of the new along with Shanks? It's mention in the second half of Ace's story.

Also strange, Ace only wanted to create a fierce presence in the world by taking out a Yonko, not be the Pirate King.

blackbeard & shanks are old asf and is part of both the golden age and new age.

most people say it was big mom and kaido working under rocks/locks.

wasn't shaky working under roger?

Shakky was not working under Roger. She only ever stated that she was a pirate that Garp chased after over 40 years prior. She's married to Silvers Rayleigh, though their origins are never established.

Roger was never part of Rocks, that doesn't even make a lick of sense. "Before Roger's time, it was theirs" stating the Rocks which included Kaido and Big Mom. Roger was still ways from becoming the Pirate King. Not to mention Garp even said that they lost their captain (Assuming he died, got captured, or retired)

@Cheap - "L" has the same pronunciation as "R" in Japanese. When translated, it is a very common mistake to have the L and R mixed up. It's Rocks.

i stop reading OP at luffy vs cracker cuz less then 100 chapter OP aint enough for me Lol

Big Mom is a Yonko of the old generation (like Whitebeard), while Kaido is a Yonko of the new generation (like Shanks). How is that possible for them to be part of R.O.C.K.S.? The statement in Ace novel Volume 2 states Big Mom was a Yonko far before Kaido was. How can the statement of them being in Rocks be possible?

The only way I could see this was that Kaido was originally part of Big Mom's group before making his own group.

yonkos weren't a thing until after roger died? then it was whitebeards era where they had yonkos? big mom and kaido both became yonkos of that gen?

I like to think the golden era was there until roger died then a new era started because that's when roger's speech changed a lot of things.

Yoh Asakura8 said:
yonkos weren't a thing until after roger died? then it was whitebeards era where they had yonkos? big mom and kaido both became yonkos of that gen?

I like to think the golden era was there until roger died then a new era started because that's when roger's speech changed a lot of things.
I can easily tell you something of Big Mom and Kaido.
329D98F5-2CC9-4CA0-9EAA-F8E4E07A6BBF
A post by Sandma

Last sentence, 2nd paragraph.

"If we consider"... the way it says it means it could just be talking about age. Kaido does not seem much older than Shanks, let alone comparable to Big Mom in that field.

And Garp literally said Big Mom and Kaido were part of Rocks under the same captain.

We're counting former people associated with the marines?

1. Fujitora

2. Kuzan

3. Tashigi

4. Kizaru

5. Caesar Clown

Fujitora is my favorite, though I've never thought of the exact order for the rest. Aside from those, I don't really know, but I like Coby, Garp, etc.

grout is filler. he's voiced by the same guy who voices saitama. his character is amazing, reckless troublemaker. I haven't yet seen any marine like him in canon. I think he'll make an outstanding marine and should most defiantly be canon material.

Back