• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1098 Spoilers

I have finally seen the spoiler and....
Let's just say this image is what i feel right now
latest

Last edited:
I'm really tired of this manga. Really tired of Oda, to be specific.
He always does this shit.
Introduces a really cool or interesting female character, and then she's either killed off or used for fanservice.
Not including the children obviously.
I don't think Oda's written one good female character since the timeskip, I mean I liked Big Mom but even then she wasn't that great.
Not to mention he's going way too far with this, we already know the CDs are deplorable and should all die (save for a few like Mjosgard), we already know Kuma's been through hell throughout most of his life, we know all of this shit but Oda keeps insisting on it and trying to imprint it on our brains.
Just leave her alone, man, she was already a former slave who's parents likely died, and now you have her be tortured and ...ed by the CDs for two years, catch a terminal illness and then die after the baby contracts the illness as well?
Come the **** on. This is way too much.

honestly, i do have to partly agree, im kinda scared odas gonna end up writing himself into a corner with the celestial dragons because they've already gone WAY past the limit of having any kind of redemption and personally i NEED them all to suffer as much pain and suffering before suffering an agonizing death but i fear that oda isnt gonna let someone on luffys side commit to the task and finish them all off.

personally im never gonna drop this story though, thats the thing i disagree with.

Oh shut the hell up.

Half of yall be reading shit like Berserk then you wanna sit here and act like Oda just did the worst thing possible to his characters. It's bad, yes but in the grand scheme of things? It's nothing new. We've always known that CD's are the scum of the earth, this chapter didn't really do much to make them look worse than they already do given they've done shit like this before.

Let's not act like this is something new for CD's because it isn't, and even then they probably do shit like this every day.

Oh shut the hell up.

Half of yall be reading shit like Berserk then you wanna sit here and act like Oda just did the worst thing possible to his characters. It's bad, yes but in the grand scheme of things? It's nothing new. We've always known that CD's are the scum of the earth, this chapter didn't really do much to make them look worse than they already do given they've done shit like this before.

Let's not act like this is something new for CD's because it isn't, and even then they probably do shit like this every day.
Am not even sire why some of them want the CD to be redeemed, It feels like Oda is setting them up to be Inreedemable scum for like the past years.

I was joking before, but at this point I think Oda is deliberately trying to make Kuma's backstory as tragic as he could possibly can get away with in Shonen Jump.

Also apparently it's gonna be another month long break(?)

One Piece always had dark moments. Big Mom cannibalized her own family while she was a child. Nico Robin lost everyone closest to her in a widespread massacre, and had a completely traumatic life. Several characters have been slaves since they were born, it's no surprise nor as if Oda was losing his line in giving one more of dozens of tragic pasts to the characters. In Thriller bark there was literally a character who is suspected of practicing necr***** with an undead slave. Doflamingo killed his own father (when he was a child) and his own brother in cold blood. Zeff ate his own leg to survive. I remember scenes where the Tenryuubitos tried to kidnap women and force them to be their wives. Those of you who follow One Piece should be used to moments where you need to have stomach to watch it.

And also, it's not like If Oda is a sociopath and put scenes like that for free, everything has a meaning beyond other people's horror. In this case, he precisely wants to show how bad human beings can be if they don't have someone to stop their perverse nature, clearly appealing to the reader's morality to show it.

Oh shut the hell up.

Well one: Berserk is a Seinen
Two: We know that, but Oda didn't have to do this to Ginny especially if we already know the CDs do this shit a lot.
It just feels forced, we don't need this, and Kuma's backstory was already pretty tragic before this.

Gin spitting, but yeah this shit is a ginormous tragedy, like the amount of bad Karma the CD's have built up over the centuries will absolutely bite them in the ass (probably flat out extermination) pretty soon. I doubt that the same fate will be returned to them (since I doubt Oda wants to advocate the lesson of "if someone commits an atrocity, it's perfectly fine to return the same atrocity back to them" to the readers), but either they'll be exterminated, exiled, or some form of arrest (maybe forced to fix all the damage they've caused).

Mjosgard is I think the perfect example of how CD's as individuals have the potential to be changed for the better, but CD'S as a society and culture is beyond redemption.

Last edited:
And also, it's not like If Oda is a sociopath and put scenes like that for free, everything has a meaning beyond other people's horror. In this case, he precisely wants to show how bad human beings can be if they don't have someone to stop their perverse nature, clearly appealing to the reader's morality to show it.
I love it when fiction gives the viewer/reader a glimpse at the horrid actions humanity can do if they're uninhibited by morality and struggle. Whenever everything is handed to someone without any effort on their part, they'll want something that can give them excitement and entertainment. Overtime they'll fall to hedonistic acts for the sake of the thrill, with the acts slowly growing to more perverse and morbid acts overtime until it eventually reaches an excess.

The CD's are literally on the same path as the Aeldari from Warhammer lol, horrible hedonistic excess for the sake of a thrill lol.

Law literally had to hide in a pile of rotting, diseased corpses.

The CD's have been Weinstein's since like day 1. That's the point of their character, they're meant to be irredeemable monsters.
Well one: Berserk is a Seinen
Irrelevant tbh. Berserk literally just does ****** up shit for the sake of instilling needless shock values.
Two: We know that, but Oda didn't have to do this to Ginny especially if we already know the CDs do this shit a lot.
It just feels forced, we don't need this, and Kuma's backstory was already pretty tragic before this.
Your ignoring the sad reality here. Because they're CD's they can do this to literally ANYONE they want with few exceptions.

As for the Kuma part, have you ever considered it to be a tool to fuel Dragon's ultimate revenge against the World Government? Back then his forces were probably too small to even hope to fight against the WG so he couldn't necessarily just pull up like he's John Wick, that wouldn't help anyone since he wouldn't be able to rescue Kuma and Ginny, instead they'd get killed in the process.

But now, he's had years upon years to formulate a plan to take down the WG and has vastly more connections and support than he did before.

Remember, never strike the enemy when they expect you. Strike at the right moment. Ponder and deliberate before you make your next move.
main-qimg-c3fb2ee937141c85fdf0efaa08ad389d

Mark my words Dragon will avenge Ginny at some point.

Law literally had to hide in a pile of rotting, diseased corpses.

The CD's have been Weinstein's since like day 1. That's the point of their character, they're meant to be irredeemable monsters.

Irrelevant tbh. Berserk literally just does ****** up shit for the sake of instilling needless shock values.

Your ignoring the sad reality here. Because they're CD's they can do this to literally ANYONE they want with few exceptions.

As for the Kuma part, have you ever considered it to be a tool to fuel Dragon's ultimate revenge against the World Government? Back then his forces were probably too small to even hope to fight against the WG so he couldn't necessarily just pull up like he's John Wick, that wouldn't help anyone since he wouldn't be able to rescue Kuma and Ginny, instead they'd get killed in the process.

But now, he's had years upon years to formulate a plan to take down the WG and has vastly more connections and support than he did before.

Remember, never strike the enemy when they expect you. Strike at the right moment. Ponder and deliberate before you make your next move.
main-qimg-c3fb2ee937141c85fdf0efaa08ad389d

Mark my words Dragon will avenge Ginny at some point.
I guess it makes sense when you put it that way, though there could have been other ways for Dragon to strengthen his forces and get a stronger urge to take down the WG.
But eh, what ever. Just ping me when Dragon pops off finally. I want to drink his hater's tears before I fully drop the manga.

The leakers already confirmed that wasn't true and it's just gonna be the usual one week break
Ah, alrighty then- phew.

I mean, I wouldn't have been that upset if it were true- don't want Oda to repeat Kentaro Miura so he can take month long breaks whenever he needs- but this would've been a doozy of a chapter to leave off on for a month.

Me judging everybody who thirsted over Bonney after this chapter confirmed she's a little kid.

So instead of Bonney being the clone of Ginny after she died while Kuma and the Revolutionaries were trying to rescue her like I was thinking, she's the daughter of Ginny and a Celestial Dragon? One of the same people who enslaved her when she was a kid and most likely killed her parents? Oda really be showing no mercy to these mothers in these flashbacks. 💀 And I'm starting to see why Bonney was crying after seeing Kuma's memories, because damn.

I hope the actual chapter shows Dragon at least attempting to do something to help Kuma rescue Ginny from the Celestial Dragons and that there's a good explanation why they weren't able to save her in 2 years. Because this is not a good look at all.

Me judging everybody who thirsted over Bonney after this chapter confirmed she's a little kid.
I was one of the people coping and saying that the old people calling her a baby was an exaggeration on their part, so I'll take the L.

Leave us be for thirsting for her prior to Egghead, we couldn't have known 😭.

But if people still lust after her after this flashback, then they sus.

Back