• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1079: Early Leaks and Spoils

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally got some solid feats from Shanks, and goddamn did he really strut this chapter. Guess we were right all along when we said that Kidd was at the largest disadvantage compared to Law and Luffy. Personally, I'm glad that punk got put in his place. But now this makes me wonder where Shanks is now on the scaling chain.

as funny as it is we really shouldn't be slandering Kidd like all of his Wano feats didn't happen. This chapter showed us three things IMO

1). If Kaido and Big Mom were half as serious/efficient as Shanks seems to be all the time the Roof Top fight would have ended very differently.
2). FS isn't an extremely rare phenomenon and Katakuri is a bum.
3). Shanks is built different.
Whanks > Big mid and Laido, kaido was not kidding when he put him up there with primebeard and roger

Chopper's gonna need to treat those burns.

But out of curiosity, why do you hate Kid?
Uhh… just never found him interesting… thought of him as a mid-high tier character

don’t really hate him tho… he was just there Idk 🙈

he’s ability also just there… idk from what I’ve seen it’s nothing special… so him trying to be Luffy’s rival is…. Yee

I'm stuck on the people saying "Luffy won't be happy about this" like Luffy gave a percentage of a **** about kid outside of their immediate alliance-

I doubt Kid would've folded him THIS badly, even if he could (which he more than likely could lmao). To Shanks, Kid is the villain. It's like Doflamingo rolling up on Luffy again and expecting not to get washed.

as funny as it is we really shouldn't be slandering Kidd like all of his Wano feats didn't happen. This chapter showed us three things IMO

1). If Kaido and Big Mom were half as serious/efficient as Shanks seems to be all the time the Roof Top fight would have ended very differently.
2). FS isn't an extremely rare phenomenon and Katakuri is a bum.
3). Shanks is built different.
Basically personally i believe Shanks is stronger than Big Mom & Kaido

Basically personally i believe Shanks is stronger than Big Mom & Kaido
I'd definitely agree with him being stronger than Big Mom, I could still maybe see some arguments for Kaido being stronger. If Kaido approached all of his fights like he was fighting an equal, going all out from the start with the same level of ferocity he showed against Luffy, and not trying to eat every attack that comes his way. He probably would have looked a lot more impressive IMO and closer to what we just saw from Shanks.

Though he does deserve this given his quite questionable track record..
If his track record includes his firstmate doing damage to Kaido but him being unable to do anything notable then running from a fight he swore he'd finish for weeks.... Yeah-
I'm glad I never hopped on the Mid train. If he does come back from this I hope it's at least with visible armament and not his usual one trick pony-ness

If his track record includes his firstmate doing damage to Kaido but him being unable to do anything notable then running from a fight he swore he'd finish for weeks.... Yeah-
I'm glad I never hopped on the Mid train. If he does come back from this I hope it's at least with visible armament and not his usual one trick pony-ness
I meant him doing literal crimes like maiming people for no reason and what not.
Thing is, people mentioned that this is the final saga and Kidd making a return might take some time, so best he can do is maybe try to ally with BB to take down Shanks.

I think Big Mom with a Hakai-style blast aimed at Kid's face - like the one she performed with Kaido that could have taken out all 5 Supernovas - could have wrecked Kid in exactly the same type of way that Shanks did here.

I think Big Mom with a Hakai-style blast aimed at Kid's face - like the one she performed with Kaido that could have taken out all 5 Supernovas - could have wrecked Kid in exactly the same type of way that Shanks did here.
Would you consider what Shanks did a valid feat or should we wait for more feats before we edit his profile?

It's obviously a valid feat, it's just something that yall shouldn't take out of proportion

In what way would it not be a valid feat?
He seems to have knocked out and paralyzed Kidd though Kidd survived other attacks from the Yonko without being even close to knocked out.
Though you again argue that one: They weren't trying ( which is true, BM is cocky as shiz and doesn't use Advanced Haki or Life Amps often )
Two: He had plot armor ( also kind of true )

It's a valid feat in the sense of "Shanks defeated Captain Kid with an overwhelmingly strong attack".

It's not a valid feat in the sense of "Shanks is effortlessly stronger than Big Mom or Kaido at their peak."

I meant him doing literal crimes like maiming people for no reason and what not.
I recall him saying it's because they laughed at his dream. He's the opposite of Luffy and Shanks who wouldn't fight over that.
Thing is, people mentioned that this is the final saga and Kidd making a return might take some time, so best he can do is maybe try to ally with BB to take down Shanks.
Yeah, I doubt he'll be back. Oda was even surprised no supernova dropped out of the new world, so i guess Kid ended up being the first. He probably realized he's too bland to make a difference in the new world and wrote him off at Elbaf.

He seems to have knocked out and paralyzed Kidd though Kidd survived other attacks from the Yonko without being even close to knocked out.
Though you again argue that one: They weren't trying ( which is true, BM is cocky as shiz and doesn't use Advanced Haki or Life Amps often )
Two: He had plot armor ( also kind of true )
It's as valid as Kaido one-shotting Gear 4 Luffy pre-Udon. It just shows what Shanks can do now that he's no longer dormant.

Yeah I do feel that this was a blatantly strong attack, even comparing it to Roger's version of it it seems it just had more effort as the OG didn't come close to knocking out Oden like this did to Kidd.

So pretty much her Ikoku Sovereignty? I could see that. but tbf I don't think she could hit all 5 of them with that sort of attack she just seems slower and much less agile than Kaido.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back