• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1079: Early Leaks and Spoils

Status
Not open for further replies.
shanks looked at his history, decided he was a lost cause and decided to go full power, guess thats karma for all the people he killed. shanks even tried to give him mercy at first
Shanks saw that Kidd was gonna go too far and he put a stop to that immediately.

Had Kidd just challenged Shanks to a duel instead of going for the goon kills, he likely would've had at least some form of actual fight with Shanks.

Shanks saw that Kidd was gonna go too far and he put a stop to that immediately.

Had Kidd just challenged Shanks to a duel instead of going for the goon kills, he likely would've had at least some form of actual fight with Shanks.
bro even looked at old news clippings too. well for narrative’s sake useless captain midd is gonna have to get a redemption arc since hes one of luffy's 2 biggest rivals

I'm pretty this is meant to be an angry/pissed off Shanks attack, not a casual one shot.

So an Angry Shanks with Hao infusion one shot Kidd, not a casual and chill Shanks.

Kidd still got slumped, but at least it was 'cause he pissed Shanks off with his ruthlessness and not Shanks deciding to do it for the lols.

I'm pretty this is meant to be an angry /pissed off Shanks attack, not a casual one shot.

So an Angry Shanks with Hao infusion one shot Kidd, not a casual and chill Shanks.

Kidd still got slumped, but at least it was 'cause he pissed Shanks off with his ruthlessness.
Like the best comparison I can make is if you pissed off Kaido and he used a Hao infused Thunder Bagua. It's a one shot of course, but it wasn't like a normal bonk to the head type of one shot.

Plus how do you come back from: losing your equivalent of the straw hat
losing your pongelyphs
probably losing most your crew???

It just seems too big of a push to expect Oda to give anyone a training arc or a come back unless they've been MIA pre-final saga

i dont think kidd is coming back but if he doesnt then god ******* damn he was out too quick
knew law was the better one

Luffy literally made a comeback three times in one arc after being slumped out each time.
That's the MC though - he don't count
i dont think kidd is coming back but if he doesnt then god ******* damn he was out too quick
knew law was the better one
That's almost what Oda said- he thought Kid would be the Law of the story but Law somehow replaced him as the fan favorite and became a main character for a while.

he thought Kid would be the Law of the story but Law somehow replaced him as the fan favorite and became a main character for a while.
And I wish that was half the case tbh because I really don't WANT to dislike Kid but the way he's put out is just bad. Part of me wishes he did more/had actual time to show us stuff. But all the dude did was be underwhelming

we're going to see Kidd again EoS in a retirement home like Marco
39n4dj.jpg

Please god make this man's word come true. I don't want more useless craptain mid screentime you'll never see me outwardly hate on a mf unless it's Kid lmao

Now that translations have come out and I've gotten a better understanding of the chapter, I feel like this is more evidence of how Shanks is one of the only pure-hearted pirates in the series. Sure, he can use lethal force without hesitation when necessary, but he doesn't start fights with the World Government the way Luffy does. He just goes around having fun and protecting people under his flag. Here, he defeated Kidd not to steal his ponoglyphs, but to protect the ships that would've been destroyed by Kidd's attack. While some people might feel sad that Kidd's gone, remember he's killed anyone who's mocked his dream of being King of the Pirates and even crucified pirates because he deemed them too weak. And he was gonna slaughter all the people on those ships without hesitation. He is absolutely not a hero, and personally, I think Shanks was right to end him since Kid and his crew wouldn't bring anything positive to the world. Point is, Shanks is a kind-hearted badass who deserves to find the One Piece alongside Luffy.

I've been considering that perhaps the reason why Shanks' attack was so much more effective is that his Haoshoku Haki is more potent than other characters. So far, he's the only character whose Haoshoku Haki has actually been capable of damaging the surrounding around him when he damaged the Moby Dick, an extremely sturdy ship that had been sailing for many years. So when Shanks infuses that powerful Haoshoku Haki into his blade, it becomes far more potent than regular Haoshoku Haki infusion. You guys think I'm onto something?

Last edited:
I've been considering that perhaps the reason why Shanks' attack was so much more effective is that his Haoshoku Haki is much more potent than other characters. So far, he's the only character whose Haoshoku Haki has actually been capable of damaging the surrounding around him when he damaged the Moby Dick, an extremely sturdy ship that had been sailing for many years. So when Shanks infuses that powerful Haoshoku Haki into his blade, it becomes far more potent than regular Haoshoku Haki infusion. You guys think I'm onto something?
yea makes sense, and we know kaidos burst of emotion when hes drunk boosts his haki so maybe shanks also got a boost because he was mad? orrrr hes just built different

I think it'd make up for the fact that he doesn't have a devil fruit. Maybe he's comparable to the other Emperors in his base state, but he's got the edge over them with his Haoshoku Haki infusion. That'd be interesting.
yeah every yonko got a strong df makes sense the one that doesnt has the best haki

speaking of dfs do you think when they look for an admiral they look for someone with a logia or do they give him it, because 5 admirals all logia we need an explanation (well sengoku isnt a logia but you get it)

yea makes sense, and we know kaidos burst of emotion when hes drunk boosts his haki so maybe shanks also got a boost because he was mad? orrrr hes just built different
Shanks also has a drinking habit but it's toned down.

I wonder when Usopp's gonna actually get Conqueror's Haki?
He got it when he was born.
shanks most likely gonna be the third character to be confirmed to have all 3 types of haki
Luffy
Zoro
Hancock
Sengoku
Roger
Whitebeard
Big Mom
Yamato
Kaidou
Douglas Bullet ( non canon )
Doflamingo
Katakuri