• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1029: The Tower (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess his excitement got the better of him lol.

He's likely just trying to scare Sanji into using the raid suit instead of actually trying to kill him.

Oh snap I haven't commented here.

Hawkins used to be my favorite supernova.

Now he sucks.

He needs to canonically make one of his opponents a strawman so they can't hit him, while he beats the **** out of them

Hawkins' "tower" card which represents a sudden turn of fate reminds me of the Luffy execution thing. Lightning striking a tower- similiar to how lightning struck the execution stand before Buggy could kill Luffy. Probably a coincidence, but still a fun similiarity.

I don’t think he sucks, I actually enjoyed his role as an antagonist throughout the arc. My only problem with him was the way he was defeated. He was supposed to be this cold, logical guy who sought the most favorable outcomes no matter what only to then become a Doflamingo wannabe.

Told killer that he had Kid’s doll in him, which was the reason he lost, just so killer could entertain him??? When did he become a ******? That wasn’t his whole premise at all lmao. The first thing we see him do back in sabaody is save a random guy from being killed by his crewmate.

Let it be known that outside of his straw-doll tactic, Hawkins basically got one shotted by Killer. Unless you count the arm removal which was more or less needed for Kidd's doll than anything.

Let it be known that outside of his straw-doll tactic, Hawkins basically got one shotted by Killer. Unless you count the arm removal which was more or less needed for Kidd's doll than anything.
Didn't this man give minor trouble to an early Wano Zoro?

Didn't this man give minor trouble to an early Wano Zoro?
Going by technicality Zoro one shotted him as well, with the initial flying slush that cut straight through his head. He only survived because the damage was transferred to one of the guys the straw dolls belonged to.

My problem with Hawkins is more him being a Nova in the first place than anything else, did he ever win a fight at all? Or at least be a problem instead of a nuisance?

Anyway, one fight less so only the main ones remain... unless we get a chapter for Raizo and Fukurou, that would be sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back