• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1028: Brachiosnakeus (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the chapter. All I can say is I don't really like where things are going with Sanji but I trust Oda knows what he's doing.

Mihawk still fought a 2-armed Shanks evenly, so he's still > (maybe >> since an arm is kind of important) to a 1-armed Shanks.

Mihawk still fought a 2-armed Shanks evenly, so he's still > (maybe >> since an arm is kind of important) to a 1-armed Shanks.
We don't know that. If Shanks got used to it, which he did, it's been 10+ years, he could adapt. We literally don't have enough information to claim much, still
His raw power hasn't decreased because of that.
His speed didn't too,
The only thing that could have decreased, is his Sword Skill. (which we don't even know he has)

Shanks can easily compensate that with actual combat skill, as he can switch from fighting with a sword to kicking your face when you're off-guard, since.. y'know, he's a pirate not a swordsman like King

The only basis to claim Shanks is a swordsman is the fact he has a sword.
Not at all, if you actually read the thread you'd know he's literally been stated a swordsman, swordmaster and considered a contender for being the world's best swordsman by those in the world. Also "the fact he has a sword", more so the fact he's only ever used a sword in combat.
He has no established style, much like roger. Doesn't seem to have any swordsman skill, too.
Having an established style is what is required to be a swordsman? Since when? Law and Fujitora are both stated swordsman by Oda and neither have a stated sword style, the same can even be said for Mihawk.

I also don't understand this argument that Roger apparently isn't a swordsman, the man's only named attack is a sword attack, the vc sates his sword is "his beloved blade" and he even names his own son after his sword. Don't see the comparison between them and King who uses literally any advantage to try and kill his opponent.
So Mihawk's title would only outscale shanks in Skill
Since when did the "World's most powerful swordsman"/"World's Strongest Swordsman" refer to skill?

Last edited:
We don't know that. If Shanks got used to it, which he did, it's been 10+ years, he could adapt. We literally don't have enough information to claim much, still
His raw power hasn't decreased because of that.
His speed didn't too,
The only thing that could have decreased, is his Sword Skill. (which we don't even know he has)

Shanks can easily compensate that with actual combat skill, as he can switch from fighting with a sword to kicking your face when you're off-guard, since.. y'know, he's a pirate not a swordsman like King
Whitebeard talked about the power of Shank's fights with Mihawk in a way that noted their power, so if they can be of note to Whitebeard I doubt that both of them weren't at least close to their current selves at the time.

On a purely physical sense, it's possible and perhaps even likely that Mihawk is stronger (because having both arms would be a serious advantage) but overall I'd still say Shanks is more powerful because he clearly has advanced Conquerors which Mihawk has never shown and that is a game changer, going by recent events at least

Not at all, if you actually read the thread you'd know he's literally been stated a swordsman, swordmaster and considered a contender for being the world's best swordsman by those in the world. Also "the fact he has a sword", more so the fact he's only ever used a sword in combat.

Having an established style is what is required to be a swordsman? Since when? Law and Fujitora are both stated swordsman by Oda and neither have a stated sword style, the same can even be said for Mihawk.

I also don't understand this argument that Roger apparently isn't a swordsman, the man's only named attack is a sword attack, the vc sates his sword is "his beloved blade" and he even names his own son after his sword. Don't see the comparison between them and King who uses literally any advantage to try and kill his opponent.

Since when did the "World's most powerful swordsman"/"World's Strongest Swordsman" refer to skill?
I honestly have no counter to that.
Well Played

This is like if ppl say Roger with Advanced CoC is stronger than Garp, even though it's not implied or justified anywhere
Completely different cases really. We know for sure that Roger and Garp had matched each other when Roger had Advanced CoC, but we don't know for sure that Shanks had Advanced CoC when he had his last bout with Mihawk

but we don't know for sure that Shanks had Advanced CoC when he had his last bout with Mihawk
Strongest swordsman means strongest swordsman regardless of whatever amps are applied.
Advanced CoC is an amp that amps swordsmanship. Mihawk scales above it. Simple

Strongest swordsman means strongest swordsman regardless of whatever amps are applied.
Advanced CoC is an amp that amps swordsmanship. Mihawk scales above it. Simple
Actually, not so simple. Mihawk has no actual showings of fighting someone with Advanced CoC - which is basically the God Tier of the verse at this point - since we don't know if Shanks had it when they last fought

Actually, not so simple. Mihawk has no actual showings of fighting someone with Advanced CoC - which is basically the God Tier of the verse at this point - since we don't know if Shanks had it when they last fought
That doesn't matter.

I never said "he fought every swordsman in the world so he's the strongest from that".

His title is the strongest swordsman in name and actuality, which means that out of every swordsman in the series, regardless of if they have CoC or not, as of chapter 1028 they are weaker than Mihawk. This includes Shanks with Advanced Hao.

One dude has a statement of being the strongest swordsman in name and actuality.

The other doesn't and people are petty he's not the strongest

His title is the strongest swordsman in name and actuality
It's not like an official title or something. Seriously, it even is kinda self proclaimed. Shanks was his closest rival, so after he lost an arm, he simply lost interest and never fought him again. Meanwhile Shanks became a Yonko, mastered Advanced CoC while Shanks basically stagnated as a Warlord

It's not like an official title or something. Seriously, it even is kinda self proclaimed. Shanks was his closest rival, so after he lost an arm, he simply lost interest and never fought him again. Meanwhile Shanks became a Yonko, mastered Advanced CoC while Shanks basically stagnated as a Warlord

It's an official title. Everybody knows him as that.

And being a Yonko is not strength related

It's an official title.
It's an informal title, like most in One Piece, and the problem with scaling according to informal titles is that they can end up being contradictory. Like Whiteboard being the strongest pirate and Kaido being the strongest "creature"

It's an informal title, like most in One Piece, and the problem with scaling according to informal titles is that they can end up being contradictory. Like Whiteboard being the strongest pirate and Kaido being the strongest "creature"
It literally isn't informal, the only person other than Roger to have a title with the statement "in name and actuality", stating it as a fact.

I don't think anyone is scaling based on title only cause I honestly don't agree with scaling based on title only

Whitebeard being the strongest pirate is in reference to his lifestyle, not his battle power.

Kaido being the strongest creature is supported everywhere.
  • He's comparable to other Yonko in his base form.
  • Ace novel says he has the highest battle power of all the Yonko.
  • Kid and Killer, who fought Shanks' group, said that Kaido is the strongest.
And they're never contradicted... ever.

And it's definitely not an informal title. That's not supported at all

Mihawk is absolutely being scaled purely based on title because he lacks any feats at the level he's supposed to be at
And also through shanks, although I agree mihawk kind of messes up the scaling chain but he still has feats and statements that would give him a possibly rating

Where are you getting this from? Whiteboard was literally called "the strongest Man in the world" by Sengoku himself (And also by Mihawk perhaps, though I don't exactly remember)
acestory_v2.3_3.jpg
acestory_v2.3_4.jpg

No direct reference to Shanks. Do you have any statement that says something like "Mihawk is the greatest swordsman even including someone like Shanks" ?
What in the semantics?

"Although hawk-eyes strikes fear into all who follow the way of the sword, he looks forward to the future, the day when he will meet a swordmaster that surpasses his rival Red-Hair"
Yall in denial gahlee

No direct reference to Shanks. Do you have any statement that says something like "Mihawk is the greatest swordsman even including someone like Shanks" ?
Semantics, but yeah "He kept challenging people until he no longer had any worthy foes" in reference to Shanks and the paragraph literally ended with "He's looking forward to the day he meets a sword-master that surpasses his rival Shanks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back