• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1019: Heliceratops (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without getting too off topic but since you brought it up, exactly how much time do you think is left of Wano?

30 more chapters at least.

Just a note that I found this chapter rather funny, given the whole mixture between a triceratops and a helicopter fighting a a cyborg thing. It is good that Oda does not take himself too seriously.

Also, I don't think that it makes sense for Marco to lose to King, given that he held his own against both King and Queen for quite a long while. Then again, he likely exerted himself to the extreme from that, and Perospero is also helping out Kaido's side.

Also, what is Apoo up to?

Just a note that I found this chapter rather funny, given the whole mixture between a triceratops and a helicopter fighting a a cyborg thing. It is good that Oda does not take himself too seriously.
Disagree. One Piece is known for being goofy but this just pathetic imo. One redeeming quality of Sasaki is that he feels betrayed but otherwise he is a joke without actually trying to be a joke.

When you have you’re secret intelligence agency assassins turning into a giraffe that can shoot his head out like a cannon and shout out “Pasta Machine!” And still manage to be threatening I think you’ve struck a good balance between light hearted and serious which Oda does exceptionally well.

Well, Franky only very barely managed to defeat him, and technically lost in a purely physical sense.

When you have you’re secret intelligence agency assassins turning into a giraffe that can shoot his head out like a cannon and shout out “Pasta Machine!” And still manage to be threatening I think you’ve struck a good balance between light hearted and serious which Oda does exceptionally well.
Exactly.

Does anybody remember what we last saw Apoo do during the battle?

Small sidenote about the chapter : Franky was lamenting his poor swordsmanship and now I want to see Zoro teaching Santoryu to Franky

I read the whole chapter expecting Franky to dodge an attack with Kenbu because he used something that could be Kenbu at the end of one of his fights in dressrosa, sadly Franky didn't use it.

With Yamato's zoan being a [insert mythical creature here], there is no possibility for a T-Rex zoan this arc, right? Damn, Drake being an Allosaurus raised my hopes a bit too much.

Anyway, good chapter IMO, but after this chapter i just can't see Robin's fight getting as much attention as i wanted or even power ups.

Only King, Jack and Maria didn't have their hybrids so far right? I think we need to do a hybrid form tier list or something like that, Sasaki's hybrid is just so One Piece i don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing anymore.

Black Maria's earlier form might have been a unique hybrid form for her.

We haven't seen King's or Jack's yet.

Black Maria and Marco share a partial transformation hybrid type, in the case that that's their hybrid.

King and Jack need their hybrids.

King already has wings so Oda might just throw a beak on him and some extended limbs + some talons.
Jack's ****** trunk while hybrid is gonna actually look stupid on him since he's already busky.

Black Maria's earlier form might have been a unique hybrid form for her.
Black Maria and Marco share a partial transformation hybrid type, in the case that that's their hybrid.
Yeah we don't have much explanation for that but as i said before i think it's a design choice instead of a "special type" of transformation.

King and Jack need their hybrids.

King already has wings so Oda might just throw a beak on him and some extended limbs + some talons.
Jack's ****** trunk while hybrid is gonna actually look stupid on him since he's already busky.
Btw, i was reading about Ben 10 the other day, i just can't stop thinking of King's "true form"/wildfire as something like NRG's true form, adding Pteranodon traits to it and i am hyped again, shit.

That and Dark Phoenix Teach, but i just don't have any hope for that, way too cool to be true.

Yeah we don't have much explanation for that but as i said before i think it's a design choice instead of a "special type" of transformation.
I think it might be a special type.

Every other Wano hybrid is just their base + their full zoan mixed together in all aspects.
Screen_Shot_2021-07-16_at_6.07.26_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-07-16_at_6.08.01_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-07-16_at_6.08.31_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-07-16_at_6.09.59_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-07-16_at_6.10.21_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-07-16_at_6.10.45_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-07-16_at_6.11.23_PM.png

Like... every one of them from all over their body gets changed to be a mix.

But only BM and Marco get partial transformations?

That's weird.
Btw, i was reading about Ben 10 the other day, i just can't stop thinking of King's "true form"/wildfire as something like NRG's true form, adding Pteranodon traits to it and i am hyped again, shit.

That and Dark Phoenix Teach, but i just don't have any hope for that, way too cool to be true.
Interesting, I'm mainly leaning to this though
E4braZ-X0AErji6.png

For me, ranking their hybrid forms by appearance:

Who's-Who > Ulti > Kaido > Black Maria > Queen > Page 1 > Sasaki > X Drake.

Page 1 that low?

Damn, I loved his design. I like how instead of it just being his regular body + extended limbs and scales, his dinosaur body is compressed into a humanoid build.

For me it's this.

Page 1 > Who's Who > Kaido > Ulti > Black Maria > Queen > Sasaki > X Drake

But only BM and Marco get partial transformations?
So far all the partial transformation users are Marco, Maria, Onigumo and Epoida, 3 of these have partials instead of hybrids (i am assuming Maria's was a full zoan) and 3 are invertebrate animals, i really think it's a design choice (not everyone would like a 8 eyed human or a caterpillar human that seems like a caterpillar).

As for King, i would like both the NRG version and that one, but since i think his face and race will be important to the plot i would like more the NRG version.

C'mon guys, what you have against Drake's hybrid? It's not THAT bad, and you two didn't include Yamato's because?

Paypay > Kaido (> Black Maria, if what we see is her hybrid) > Ulti > Yamato > WW > Drake > Queen > Sasaki >>>>> Orochi

C'mon guys, what you have against Drake's hybrid? It's not THAT bad,
It's horrible
and you two didn't include Yamato's because?
I was originally doing the Beast Pirates only
Paypay > Kaido (> Black Maria, if what we see is her hybrid) > Ulti > Yamato > WW > Drake > Queen > Sasaki >>>>> Orochi
👀
I like Yamato's more than every single one here except Page One's. Maybe it's the zoan in general or it's the design, or maybe even the character, but I love hers

Interesting chapter. My boi Frank is doing a SUUUUPPPER job rn holding his own even without Haki. The moment I saw "Radical Beam", I was like "OOH! HE DID THE THING!"

I still think Yamato's Hybrid form is meh. Fight me.

Yes, it is basic and just a rip off of Lizard man like Drake's.
I mean, Maria is a rip off of Jorogumo if we are going that route, Kaido and Ulti are also lizard man to some extent, Yamato, Queen and Sasakopter are the only "original" ones and WW is just meh IMO

I mean, Maria is a rip off of Jorogumo if we are going that route, Kaido and Ulti are also lizard man to some extent, Yamato, Queen and Sasakopter are the only "original" ones and WW is just meh IMO
Naw, Yamato was probably some individual's Fursona self-insert OC. Do not steal.

Without getting too off topic but since you brought it up, exactly how much time do you think is left of Wano?
In regards to the actual battle (before moving onto the next "step", which could be another party showing up, causing more drama), likely 20 chapters--more or less.

Plenty of time then not to rush.
No, actually. There's still Black Maria, Jack, Queen, King, Fukurokujo, Perospero, Big Mom, and Kaido fights to focus on. And in typical Shounen fashion, Kaido's stuff weaves in between each fight, which steals a few pages from any potential fights that are happening off-panel.

So basically, 7 fights outside of the main event need to wrap up (Except Big Mom's since I believe she will merely be stalled until Kaido is defeated), and there's still potential for CP0 to step in for either Robin or Who's Who. Not plenty of time at all. Most fights in One Piece end in 1 or 2 chapters once they get direct focus (except, you know, Luffy's)

No, actually. There's still Black Maria, Jack, Queen, King, Fukurokujo, Perospero, Big Mom, and Kaido fights to focus on. And in typical Shounen fashion, Kaido's stuff weaves in between each fight, which steals a few pages from any potential fights that are happening off-panel.

So basically, 7 fights outside of the main event need to wrap up (Except Big Mom's since I believe she will merely be stalled until Kaido is defeated), and there's still potential for CP0 to step in for either Robin or Who's Who. Not plenty of time at all. Most fights in One Piece end in 1 or 2 chapters once they get direct focus (except, you know, Luffy's)
5 fights. No reason to count the Top tiers if 20 chaps is not the end. that's 4 chaps per battle and only if Maria's and Fukurokujo's are not off paneled. easily substitute Who's Who and Sasaki.

Wasn't Perospero KO'ed by Queencopter? (btw, minor foreshadow? LMAO)

There is also Apoo vs Drake and Killer vs Hawkins

5 fights. No reason to count the Top tiers if 20 chaps is not the end. that's 4 chaps per battle and only if Maria's and Fukurokujo's are not off paneled. easily substitute Who's Who and Sasaki.
8 fights not counting Big Mom's.

Wasn't Perospero KO'ed by Queencopter? (btw, minor foreshadow? LMAO)

Nekomamushi is gunning for him. We last saw him going to the live floor after hearing of Pedro's fate.

I honestly feel like making a General Discussion thread to focus on One Piece fights.

I really feel like people miss how one-sided Law vs Hawkins was in the manga, and how important each panel was in their exchange. You learn a massive weakness of Hawkins in 2 panels without the characters even saying anything, and a lot of people miss that.

This is what I am saying and Cin does not get.

Either these fights will be off paneled since there is no way they can still be fighting this long IF you beleive Who's Who and Sasaki are already defeated.

OR

They're still going on which case case Who's Who & Sasaki should still be in this as it would be weird for them to be crushed so quickly compared to the others.

Either way the excuse that we have less time than we have fights does not pan out when you think about the math.

I still predict it will be:

Zoro & Ashura VS King​
Sanji & Denjiro VS Queen​
Inu & Neko VS jack​
Brook & Robin VS Bllack Maria​
Jinbe and Kawa/Izo VS Who's Who​
Franky & Izo/Kawa VS Sasaki​
Hawkins, Drake, & Killer VS Apoo (Via Hawkin betrayal with the casualties sustained by the Beasts).​
Also I predict Zoans will continue to be underestimated and the word 1-shot being abused.

They're still going on which case case Who's Who & Sasaki should still be in this as it would be weird for them to be crushed so quickly compared to the others.
Maybe they haven’t used stronger moves yet or some ppl have better stamina

I still predict it will be:

Zoro & Ashura VS King​
I hope that doesn't happen, personally. Zoro and Luffy fighting Kaido would be much cooler to see, and would make more sense due to him now literally wielding the only weapon that's been capable of damaging Kaido, and Luffy using Gear 4th with his dura negging Haki would also be super helpful and ensure a W against him.

I hope that doesn't happen, personally. Zoro and Luffy fighting Kaido would be much cooler to see, and would make more sense due to him now literally wielding the only weapon that's been capable of damaging Kaido, and Luffy using Gear 4th with his dura negging Haki would also be super helpful and ensure a W against him.
Yeah that was cool to see. This already happened. Go read chapter 1010. Now give us more Ashura & King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back