• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1019: Heliceratops (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New chapter

Yamato and Kaido make lightning sparks that say "zap zap".

One of the bolts came from the clouds this time.
Real lightning from Haoshoku?đź‘€

After thinking about it, if Sasaki and WW don't recover from that damage i will put them in the lower part of the Tobiroppo, Ulti and Paytan were still fighting after much stronger attacks (specially Ulti) so if they are defeated just by those attacks i will be somewhat disappointed.

I honestly feel like making a General Discussion thread to focus on One Piece fights.

I really feel like people miss how one-sided Law vs Hawkins was in the manga, and how important each panel was in their exchange. You learn a massive weakness of Hawkins in 2 panels without the characters even saying anything, and a lot of people miss that.
What massive weakness are you referring to?

What massive weakness are you referring to?
It's mostly just an observation, and it may not actually be the case. His ability of "Life-Minus" does not simply transfer damage onto one of the hosts of his straw dolls. Instead, he swaps his physical state with them.
  • When Hawkins used his Straw-Sword, Law used the momentum of his missed swing to use Amputate on the surrounding subordinates who were under Hawkins' ability. Hawkins was shocked, and was forced to block Law's next attack.

There's two main reasons why I think this is the case. 1) When Hawkins fights, he never allows those under his influence to go into combat themselves and 2) Every single person he has used his power on is in perfect condition.

Basically, there's the off-chance that Hawkins would be split in half if he used Life-Minus on one of the affected fodder. His weakness is simply: "Get rid of (or at least damage) his extra lives before attacking him directly". I'm still waiting for it to be true, and if Killer makes note during their fight, I would be quite satisfied.

Last edited:
It's mostly just an observation, and it may not actually be the case. His ability of "Life-Minus" does not simply transfer damage onto one of the hosts of his straw dolls. Instead, he swaps his physical state with them.
  • When Hawkins used his Straw-Sword, Law used the momentum of his missed swing to use Amputate on the surrounding subordinates who were under Hawkins' ability. Hawkins was shocked, and was forced to block Law's next attack.

There's two main reasons why I think this is the case. 1) When Hawkins fights, he never allows those under his influence to go into combat themselves and 2) Every single person he has used his power on is in perfect condition.

Basically, there's the off-chance that Hawkins would be split in half if he used Life-Minus on one of the affected fodder. His weakness is simply: "Get rid of his extra lives before attacking him directly". I'm still waiting for it to be true, and if Killer makes note during their fight, I would be quite satisfied.
Oh, okay. I did miss that. But that being his weakness does make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
New chapter

Yamato and Kaido make lightning sparks that say "zap zap".

One of the bolts came from the clouds this time.
Real lightning from Haoshoku?đź‘€
Screen_Shot_2021-07-19_at_4.12.21_PM.png

Yes

What is real lightning?​

Most electricity in fiction is not real lightning. Often it is supernatural in nature, and is possibly not even electricity. Therefore lightning is only accepted as such under certain circumstances.

• Cloud-to-ground lightning is considered to be real lightning, as long there is nothing suggesting otherwise.

Cloud to ground

The lightning from the clouds doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Haki clashes tbh....

The lightning from the clouds doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Haki clashes tbh....
There are clouds spreading throughout all of Onigashima and the only place where there is thunder is where 2 Haki users are clashing. The only reason is cause of the haki clashers. Not a single bolt of lightning from the clouds at all during the raid except from the haoshoku clashes.

There's been a storm up there long before Yamato started fightin Kaido. Big Mom had Zeus eat from the storm clouds before chapter 1000. There's been a thunder storm for a while.

And even if you wanted to argue the clashes causing lightning, there's no support it's via Haki. Just the shock from the impact. Characters from DB manipulated the weather merely by the power they displayed, for example.

There's been a storm up there long before Yamato started fightin Kaido. Big Mom had Zeus eat from the storm clouds before chapter 1000. There's been a thunder storm for a while.
Linlin had Zeus eat the storm clouds, but there was no lightning at all.
I checked the scene and I skimmed through it. Prometheus ate flame clouds while Zeus ate the storm clouds, but there was no lightning at all. I haven't seen any lightning in all of Wano yet outside of Zeus and Haki.
And even if you wanted to argue the clashes causing lightning, there's no support it's via Haki. Just the shock from the impact. Characters from DB manipulated the weather merely by the power they displayed, for example.
We don't get that in One Piece, ever (if that comes off as rude, my bad).

And we see them create lightning via Haoshoku before they even strike anything. Yamato was charging an attack and produced lightning (it made the zap zap sound effect, showing that it was real) before she swung and made any impact. Same with Luffy when he was fighting Kaido before he hit him w/ the Haoshoku punches.

Do people forget that kaido's weapon literally utilizes lightning? I seriously doubt it was conqueror's haki
Do you forget that Luffy, Linlin, and Yamato's casual attacks produce lightning, and 2 of them was either stated or implied to be via Haoshoku Haki?

Do you forget that Luffy, Linlin, and Yamato's casual attacks produce lightning, and 2 of them was either stated or implied to be via Haoshoku Haki?
It could just be from Yamato’s weapon as well, considering her weapon is similar to Kaido. Nothing is proven yet so it’s better to wait.

So the weapon produces lightning?
What?
Isnt Yamato’s weapon similar to kaido? Kaido produces lightning but we know it isn’t hao due to the color even being shown in the anime, when he one taps luffy. It could just be something else, nothing has been proven yet so we should just wait till a confirmation

Isnt Yamato’s weapon similar to kaido? Kaido produces lightning but we know it isn’t hao due to the color even being shown in the anime, when he one taps luffy. It could just be something else, nothing has been proven yet so we should just wait till a confirmation
"but we know it isn’t hao due to the color even being shown in the anime"
This is completely baseless. Roger and Whitebeard's advanced Hao was golden and Oden's was pink.

The only time we see Kaido produce lightning is with his named attacks and when he's explicitly says he's using Haoshoku.

Kaido hit Luffy and didn't produce lightning.
Then when he does it with a named attack or with a Hao attack, lightning pops up.

You saying it's because of the weapon is even more baseless.

I will give you props if this is true (y) , and I will call you out if you pass predictions off as facts.(n)
I'm not trying to say it's a fact, but Hawkins would have no reason to be THAT worried if his ability would work perfectly fine regardless of their condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back