• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: 1052-1054 Ryokugyu Additions (Read 1054)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logias have shown to be resistant to their element.

Ace and Sabo eating the Mera Mera and not feeling heat, Caesar immune to the effects of his gas, Monet can casually withstand the cold from her abilities, Enel immune to his own electricity, Kuzan casually around cold temperatures

So yes. Logias have resistances to their own abilities

I wouldn't inherently assume he would have resistances to Plant Manipulation, as in he's resistant towards plant-based attacks that use kinetic force to damage things like Hashirama's Wood for an example.

I would naturally assume his resistance would be that he can resist people using Plant Manipulation to manipulate his plant-based body.

That's just me at least.

I wouldn't inherently assume he would have resistances to Plant Manipulation, as in he's resistant towards plant-based attacks that use kinetic force to damage things like Hashirama's Wood for an example.

I would naturally assume his resistance would be that he can resist people using Plant Manipulation to manipulate his plant-based body.

That's just me at least.
Yee... It says resistance to plant manipulation.. Not anything else

Some people are using other things as plant manipulation

Like ace won't resistant being thrown away by fire with the pressure of a large planet or aokiji won't resist getting hit by ice... These are things that aren't just being resistant to one thing... You would need to also resist something else as well like if for example every ice that hits aokiji and only the ice breaks besides him is a totally different type of resistance in some way

Idk you guys kinda understand what I mean

Last edited:

That's just me at least.
He would resistance to Hashirama Plant base attack not his wood Golem or even his Thousand Hand Technique.

Ace and Sabo eating the Mera Mera and not feeling heat, Caesar immune to the effects of his gas, Monet can casually withstand the cold from her abilities, Enel immune to his own electricity, Kuzan casually around cold temperatures

Would that mean he resists a type of absorption as well then? Or?

I wouldn't assume he would have resistances to Plant Manipulation, as in he's resistant towards plant-based attacks that use kinetic force to damage things like Hashirama's Wood for an example.

That's just me at least.
This not how logias work. People hitting them with their own element is flat out useless

Shit, if you want scans I'll provide

Ace novel, Ace doesn't feel the heat. Again.
Sabo doesn't feel the heat and explains the sensation.
Caesar being the only one to resist gas.
Monet casually moving around in a cold environment that Nami says is cold, twice.
Enel electrocuting himself.
Akainu not being phased by his eruption.
Aokiji not freezing to the cold his fruit caused.

I didn't say it can resist ice and fire

I am asking how this resistance against plants works

Does this resistance, for example, mean that a being made of wood will not hurt Ryo?
I guess they can't. They're resistant to their abilities ( that are from their df)

This not how logias work. People hitting them with their own element is flat out useless

Shit, if you want scans I'll provide

Ace novel, Ace doesn't feel the heat. Again.
Sabo doesn't feel the heat and explains the sensation.
Caesar being the only one to resist gas.
Monet casually moving around in a cold environment that Nami says is cold, twice.
Enel electrocuting himself.
Akainu not being phased by his eruption.
Aokiji not freezing to the cold his fruit caused.
Heat, cold, caesar resists his own poison gas with 0 AP, All of this is resisting its property. I need extra evidence logia eliminating KE from its own element

Heat, cold, caesar resists his own poison gas with 0 AP, All of this is resisting its property. I need extra evidence logia eliminating KE from its own element
Bro, Ice, Gas, Fire, Magma, Snow and All nature Manipulation Have nothing to do with AP. Aokiji cant be Frozen because he is cold himself, but you can trow at him a Giant Iceberg if you want, no problem the iceberg's KE would still there even though it's not relevant to his Resistance.

Do people just forget that throwing things like ice at aokiji just gives him things to merge with and manipulate besides him self? We saw Akainu do this when he fell into lava,he used it to his advantage to simply swim through it and erupt out of the ground of.

I mean, like.......yeah.
That's kinda the idea behind CRTs. People (particularly staff) are tasked with looking at things more critically in order to approve/reject the OP's premise. If an underlying issue that went unnoticed for a while comes to light, it's pretty much the perfect setting to bring it up.

Agree with everything but the Black Blade thing. Not enough proof- could just be a black sword, or an inked kendo one. I'd rather we wait for confirmation. Having a Black Blade passively means the dude's sword and haki are comparable to Yoru/Hawkeye and das a lil' weird

with 0 AP,
Brother. It has literally nothing to do with AP and everything to do with the element's nature

Ace novel, Ace doesn't feel the heat. Again. << The heat didn't burn him
Sabo doesn't feel the heat and explains the sensation. << The heat didn't burn him: the sequel
Caesar being the only one to resist gas. << Caesar doesn't get poisoned by his ability, or lose air in his Empty World ability
Monet casually moving around in a cold environment that Nami says is cold, twice. << Monet doesn't feel cold and was fine in the Punk Hazard temperatures in regular clothing because she's snow even though PH'S cold is Aokiji related (or just natural)
Enel electrocuting himself. << **** sake
Akainu not being phased by his eruption. << is it obvious by now
Aokiji not freezing to the cold his fruit caused. << or does Oda have to spoonfeed you everything
The fruit literally genetically modifies the user into the very nature of the element it carries. There's no questioning that they resist it. Did you just forget how a whole verse works?

No it doesn't. Just because a character owns a black blade doesn't mean they turned it black themselves.
Oh yeah, I forgot you can just-- TAKE ONE. Like Zoro did with Shusui.
Still, I'd rather wait for clarification on it before we confirm whether he has a Black Blade or not.

All Logia's are immune to their own element, that's a verse rule that's been implemented for years. And can we stop with the ******* blatant strawman fallacies? Obviously the resistance isn't going go cover getting attacked by a tier 3 fire, as that's a no limits fallacy that nobody is going to claim.

Resistance to plant Manipulation is objective and straightforward. He's a Forest Logia, ergo he has resistance to his own element that being plant Manipulation.

Also reminds me all Logia's need Absorption of their respective elements.

In what way does he resist it though? If somebody else who can control trees fights him, do we assume they can't control his trees?

do we assume they can't control his trees?
Because he controls his forest, not vice versa.
If, for example, somebody creates trees, Greenbull can just control them. He's not just commanding the element, he is the element itself.

In what way does he resist it though? If somebody else who can control trees fights him, do we assume they can't control his trees?
Logia's have extreme control of their elements so that's definitely a possibility but this resistance is more so when it comes to affecting them directly. I.E plants won't actively harm him.

Logia's have extreme control of their elements so that's definitely a possibility but this resistance is more so when it comes to affecting them directly. I.E plants won't actively harm him.
How does that make sense though? Like, when it comes to someone made of ice of fire or lava, then sure. Resistance to extreme heats. Makes sense. When it comes to someone made of plants? How does being made out of plants stop you from being harmed by plants?

Also does Oda say ALL types of drums give you a resistance to their powers? I'm assuming they do until someone answers, seeing as Kaidou could become hot enough to vaporize the horn of the giant skull on Onigashima, and was floating in lava instead of melting, and withstood a bolo breath to the face

How does that make sense though? Like, when it comes to someone made of ice of fire or lava, then sure. Resistance to extreme heats. Makes sense. When it comes to someone made of plants? How does being made out of plants stop you from being harmed by plants?
He just resists it. Hitting him with a tree just makes the tree break or he can merge with it ig, I don't feel like directly explaining it but I guess any hit from a plant will instantly fail

How does being made out of plants stop you from being harmed by plants?
If somebody uses forest-based elements in close proximity they're just giving him more to work with.
But I assume if someone uses, say, wood style or a nature based projectile the KE would still impact him. Or at least hit him but his true body wouldn't be effected (much like when Aokiji is hit and falls apart, another solid logia)

We have to remember he's a "forest" man, not a wood or tree man. If someone uses a non-forest/nature based wood attack then it should hit him, but if they rely on forest creation then they'll just end up giving him firepower

He just resists it. Hitting him with a tree just makes the tree break or he can merge with it ig, I don't feel like directly explaining it but I guess any hit from a plant will instantly fail
See, that's the headcanon part of it that I'm not comfortable with.

Hitting him with a tree just makes the tree break or he can merge with it ig
I dunno- I think if someone rips a literal tree off the ground and hits him with it, he'd still feel the impact. Remember how Luffy kicked Aokiji's ice into him and it was hitting his ice body?

Chapter 565/566 for anyone that wants to know. It was a frozen log and it was just “phasing”(more like passing) through all the admirals.

He never did this
Screenshot_27.png
Screenshot_28.png

He's a solid logia like Greenbull, and his body was literally breaking/crackin. It doesn't damage him since it isn't his "true" body, but it was definitely not being absorbed into him either

I think basically it doesn't do much to them unless it has haki or something. Yamato slams Aramaki and he falls and says it genuinely hurt, as it had haki, Momo bites him and it does nothing, no haki in it makes it useless. Basically it will always come down to the df weakness, so breaking him apart doesn't work unless you do it with haki or throw the broken off parts in the ocean or something.

I think basically it doesn't do much to them unless it has haki or something. Yamato slams Aramaki and he falls and says it genuinely hurt, as it had haki, Momo bites him and it does nothing, no haki in it makes it useless. Basically it will always come down to the df weakness, so breaking him apart doesn't work unless you do it with haki or throw the broken off parts in the ocean or something.
( also, you can just set him on fire for an instant victory lmao )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back