• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One last try - Cole MacGrath time dilation

So after looking at these profiles, I figured I had to this one more try.

I've looked all over the game for anything that states that Precision Mode is just reaction amping. But I found nothing. Not in the game description of inFamous 1 at 2:09, or here at 1:12, or here at 1:38. The only description we have for Precision is here from the inFamous 2 game description at 3:30, which describes it as time dilation [Well it says increased time dilation, but it means that he's improving his time dilation from what it was before].

That's all we have to go off. No mention of speed increasing, only that he's dilating time. What's more, everything else around Cole seems to slows down, whereas Cole's attack speed and movements increase. I know that makes it seem like speed amping, but again, the ability specifically states that Cole is dilating time. It's not too different from the description from the profiles listed above.

We know that Cole would eventually develop time powers, as evidenced by Kessler, who could time travel, so it's not that crazy for Cole to gain the ability to slow time.

What do you guys think?

As I said before, I don't think these profiles really should have Time Manipulation, Rather, I find it more likely they're just using Relativity to slow down time from their perception. Actually, that's blaintly stated to be how Raiden does it, why he has Time Manipulation I have no idea.

However, in this case where Cole would eventually have Kessler's powers, "Possible Time Manipulation" should be good.

Hmmm, you make a good point about the profiles, but can you explain the whole using relativity thing?

I guess that's fair

Well, the theory of Relativity is that time passes acording of the perspective of the subject. In this case, they're slowing down time relative to their perception, using relativity.

Yeah.

It would way more sense for the Pip boi to do that rather then mess with temporal laws themselves, and it's literally the blaint explaination for Raiden's Blade Mode.

Well I think it is generally agreed upon that Cole's Precision Mode should just be left as it is, though it should also be noted that it doesn't just slow down his perception of time, but it also makes him faster, as his movement speed and attack speed is fast than before.

We should probably also remove time manipulation from the profiles listed in the OP

I'll get onto it.

>Raiden is locked

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Actually thinking about it we should wait for further input.

Back