• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omnipresence and Acausality

Omnipresents on a 4-Dimensional scale, with one dimension being time, should have Acausality type 3.

Let's start with a comparison with a much more intuitive Omnipresence, the 3-Dimensional one. If a 10-C character with this omnipresence fought a 5-B character, would the latter be able to kill the former? No, because he can only affect a tiny portion of the omnipresent character.

Similarly, if you try to affect a character with 4D omnipresence in the present you've just affected a very small part of the omnipresent character. The only way to effectively kill an omnipresent being would be to outright destroy Past, Present and Future, which fits to the description of Type 3 Acausality.

I'm not sure. It sounds wrong. An omnipresent can be everywhere but you can still "kill" them- you can still destroy that which makes them alive.

Exactly. But on a 4-D scale, you technically also need to destroy time. For reference, 3D omnipresents don't get any sort of Acausality.

Not exactly. Fourth dimension isn't always considered time, I think this addition is a bit unsafe to add without definite confirmatio.

Acausality Type 3 is certainly a possible use of Omnipresence, but without explicit statements I think it'd be best to not add.

Fourth dimension is 99% of the times time. That's why I didn't bother to explicit that.

But that's like not considering resistance to timestop for infinite speed characters. This is the same.

Omnipresence in time and space means that you exist everywhen and everywhere.

You are already unaffected by changes in the past, present and future unless they affect your whole existance in the same moment, because your present, past and future selves are the same.

If somebody becomes omnipresent on this scale, you cant kill them in the past before they became omnipresent because they already exist before it happened. Doing something to their present selves is irrelevant since future and past exist.

TriforcePower1 said:
@PaChi

So, you agree..?
Yes, my dood.

Also, omnipresence through time should give resistance to precognition. Since looking into the future is... Basically looking at what this guy wants to show you.

If the verse treats time as the fourth dimension, yes. By definition someone who is omnipresent in that case exists across all of time at once and qualifies for that acausality.

However cases where it's just a fourth spatial dimension, of which there are some notable characters, no.

Omnipresent characters usually come with a lot of baggage that is normally explained in verse.

@Triforce

What you mentioned in the OP does sounds right but however, what you mentioned regarding time is wrong & @Mr. Bambu is right about that. The 4th dimension is both Space & Time, not just time (since its a concept by itself) and anything mentioning only the term "time" can't be referencinng the dimension without a direct/definite confirmation.

I agree with @Dragoo as well.

Mr. Bambu said:
I'm not sure. It sounds wrong. An omnipresent can be everywhere but you can still "kill" them- you can still destroy that which makes them alive.
I think so after thinking about it.

I think Acausality Type 3 feats should be shown and it is better if the jugment is case by case topic than a standard.

I think the case where Omnipresent characters can survive the destruction of the original be proven.

From what I know, only characters like Solaris and Solaris (Archie Comics) have shown these feats from the Omnipresent Beings Category.

Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.

Back