• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ok, Let's Talk Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Profiles

I thought of this topic when SageOf8Paths made this thread about Ultimate Jutsu: https://vsbattles.com/threads/can-t...m-4-games-be-used-to-calc-someones-ap.124578/

The topic ended up derailing as to whether or not the characters do get Storm profiles or not and the thread closed. So I think we should decide as to whether the games having enough changes or original stories/events could warrant some characters with game profiles.

Introduction:
So I was originally planning to make a profile for Mecha Naruto from Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution since he isn’t a canon character to the anime or manga but then thought that there are arcs in the game which are only canon to the game and the arcs that were adapted from the manga/anime aren’t 1:1 as there seem to be differences.

Pretty much 1:1, with minor changes. With Generations being a repeat of the previous games.

Choji beats the Gedo Statue and forces it to retreat.

Darui beats Edo Kakuzu after which he gets sealed.

A (Fourth Raikage) doesn’t lose his arm to Sasuke’s Amaterasu despite fighting him.

Sakura vs Seven Swordsman Of The Mist.

The 5 Kages beat Madara and force him to go into hiding. Later in Storm 4, he would join Obito in battle.

The entirety of the Mecha Naruto Story.

The entirety of the Ninja World Tournament.

Creation Of The Akatsuki as it contradicts the anime and manga. This includes Orochimaru and Kakuzu recruiting Hidan rather than Itachi, Konan and Kakuzu, indicating that Orochimaru had not yet betrayed the Akatsuki in the game at this point. The whole point of recruiting Hidan in the anime/manga was because Orochimaru betrayed the Akatsuki and Kakuzu needed a new partner.

Itachi and Shisui’s Perfect Susanoo.

Taka vs Orochimaru.

The 4 Hokages vs Taka.

Naruto and Obito battle in Obito’s consciousness.

Kakashi and Obito vs Sage Of Six Paths Madara.

Orochimaru vs Guruguru.

Naruto and Sasuke use Majestic Attire Susanoo against Sage Of Six Paths Madara, whereas Madara and his limbo clones can use Susanoo.

Kaguya’s fight plays out differently, such as how Kaguya didn’t BFR Sasuke to another dimension, where Sakura and Obito would work together to retrieve him, which was a big plot point in the anime and manga as not doing so would mean that Kaguya won't be sealed. Instead, Naruto and Sasuke are frozen in the Ice Dimension by Kaguya and Obito, Kakashi and Sakura have to stall her till Naruto and Sasuke break free.

Kakashi receives DMS from Obito in a different way. In the anime and manga, Obito would use Kamui to go out of the Pure Lands and inhabit and give his chakra to Kakashi temporarily. In the game, Obito would pass on his eyes to Kakashi before he dies, and it’s implied that Kakashi keeps this power permanently as there is no moment in the game where Obito takes back his chakra. Instead, Kakashi drops out of the battle due to overusing his DMS powers. There also isn’t any “Sharingan Of The Kakashi is gone” moment that he had with Sakura in the anime and manga.

Black Zetsu never gets chopped off of Kaguya’s arm by Naruto, instead, throughout all the fights in the game, he’s present with Kaguya.

Due to Kakashi dropping out after the battle against Kaguya’s unstable form, Naruto and Sasuke seal her by overwhelming her alongside Sakura, as opposed to the anime and manga where Kakashi uses Kamui to help get an opening.

DLC:
Sasuke and Gaara beat Base Momoshiki while the other 3 Kages fight Kinshiki.

Katasuke never follows Sasuke and the Gokage into the dimension, and there’s no scene of Katasuke firing multiple Jutsu which were absorbed by Momoshiki to turn the tide of battle into his favour. Momoshiki simply takes reserve pills that he had and beats Naruto and Sasuke after they exhaust themselves.

Boruto never gets Karma after defeating Momoshiki (though this is more in line with the movie).

Conclusion:
As I’ve mentioned above, there are arcs and events that are only canon to the game, and some of their feats and scaling differ from the ones in anime and manga. I am open to suggestions, as at the moment, the only ones that I think would get a profile is Mecha Naruto, Naruto and Hinata (as they all played major roles in the Mecha Naruto Arc and World Ninja Tournament Arc). I think it can still be decided if any other characters deserve their own profiles. Maybe Kaguya due to her short time on screen and how her fight plays out differently than the anime and manga.

Last edited:
Here we go again...

As I've already stated in that thread linked in the OP. You can make profiles for the game characters (storm games) so long as they are relevant enough or unique. Mecha Naruto is one that falls under the unique category while Naruto himself falls under the relevant category since he's been in all the storm games and did several things different (battle wise) than the original.

What you need to do is create drafts for those types of characters. However I'm going to make this clear, since you are creating profiles for alternative versions of these characters, you can't use information from the Canon manga on those profiles. For example, the abilities currently granted on Canon Naruto's page from statements or events that do not happen in the game cannot be applied. So (this is just an example) if Sage Mode in the games doesn't have feats or statements that it gives enhanced senses/danger sense like in the manga/anime than you can't add it to said profile.

I agree that there are differences in the stories which could warrant profiles but please be reasonable when creating alternative versions of these characters because if you don't have enough information to make a decent profile, it will be deleted. That's pretty much all I half to say on this matter.

The most important thing is that the Ninja storm profiles shouldn't pull details, abilities or scaling from Canon. Only what was shown/said on screen for the characters in the game should be taken into account if this actually goes through

I'm all for it.

Here we go again...

As I've already stated in that thread linked in the OP. You can make profiles for the game characters (storm games) so long as they are relevant enough or unique. Mecha Naruto is one that falls under the unique category while Naruto himself falls under the relevant category since he's been in all the storm games and did several things different (battle wise) than the original.
Makes sense.
What you need to do is create drafts for those types of characters. However I'm going to make this clear, since you are creating profiles for alternative versions of these characters, you can't use information from the Canon manga on those profiles. For example, the abilities currently granted on Canon Naruto's page from statements or events that do not happen in the game cannot be applied. So (this is just an example) if Sage Mode in the games doesn't have feats or statements that it gives enhanced senses/danger sense like in the manga/anime than you can't add it to said profile.
Yeah, I'm fully aware of this.
I agree that there are differences in the stories which could warrant profiles but please be reasonable when creating alternative versions of these characters because if you don't have enough information to make a decent profile, it will be deleted. That's pretty much all I half to say on this matter.
Actually, we can get Naruto a profile since he would have a Mecha Naruto key, something that he doesn't have in the anime or manga. Cuz one of the parts of the Mecha Naruto arc was that he switched bodies with Mecha Naruto, which I thought would be a good addition to Naruto's game profile.

I would be interesting, I also want to see if we can make profiles for the Ultimate Ninja Characters (the 2D fighters one) since they meet the same criteria (they have large enough differences and unique arcs to be considered alternate versions).

Btw, when it comes to the game, how would Naruto’s keys look? Would it just be
Storm 1 | Storm 2 | Generations | Storm 3 | Revolution | Storm 4

Ho? Because Naruto (Storm) walk through his own Canon's Universe. Remind me of Jason vs Jason X/Goku vs Xeno Goku. If this got rejected then no problem.

This one works, it's from Ultimate Ninja Storm 1
naruto_uzumaki_render__ultimate_ninja_storm__by_maxiuchiha22_dd4dcu1-pre.png

The game actually has 4 and 6 tails renders so you can use those.

Also, you should use quotes from the games themselves when you add them, since every form has one.

Here we go again...

Shouldn’t In this case the character be weaker than the canon counter part? If you can’t use canon info for the game, then kaguya tsb in the game is never stated to destroy the dimensions itself It just hit the planet. It has no statements iirc.

Last edited:
🤔
Here we go again...

Agree 👍

Shouldn’t In this case the character be weaker than the canon counter part? If you can’t use canon info for the game, then kaguya tsb in the game is never stated to destroy the dimensions itself It just hit the planet. It has no statements iirc.
Funny enough, the game actually has its own databook of a sort, released by V-Jump

I agree with LordGriffin's assessment, but I'm not sure about his suggestion for how the abilities should be treated.

I mean, sticking mostly to what is shown in the games sounds good of course, but for example if we have a Sharingan user would we not give them Enhanced Sight (hypothetically assume it was never shown in any of the games)? Even if it wasn't directly shown in the game, it's still a very well-established mechanic of the verse's lore, which the game's narrative and gameplay are based on.
I guess we can burn that bridge when we get to it. For now, I'm just happy we can make the profiles in the first place. We can iron out the specifics later.

I agree with LordGriffin's assessment, but I'm not sure about his suggestion for how the abilities should be treated.

I mean, sticking mostly to what is shown in the games sounds good of course, but for example if we have a Sharingan user would we not give them Enhanced Sight (hypothetically assume it was never shown in any of the games)? Even if it wasn't directly shown in the game, it's still a very well-established mechanic of the verse's lore, which the game's narrative and gameplay are based on.
I guess we can burn that bridge when we get to it. For now, I'm just happy we can make the profiles in the first place. We can iron out the specifics later.
What do u think of my sandbox so far? Any improvements you can suggest?

If you can't use jutsu descriptions from canon/DB then don't bother with Storm profiles. Because they are no Jutsu descriptions in the game.
What you will have is basically Naruto profiles but poor with far less explanations. Like almost the double of the original profile but worse.

What do u think of my sandbox so far? Any improvements you can suggest?
It looks good so far, but depending on how we handle the whole abilities situation, his P&A section might change dramatically. Namely, most of the abilities currently there could be removed altogether.

Also I have a couple of suggestions for some renders.
Here's a Hokage Naruto render from Storm 4:
Here's Kurama Mode Naruto from Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution:
Here's SPSM Naruto from Storm 4:
Here's Kurama Mode Naruto from Storm 3:

It looks good so far, but depending on how we handle the whole abilities situation, his P&A section might change dramatically. Namely, most of the abilities currently there could be removed altogether.

Also I have a couple of suggestions for some renders.
Here's a Hokage Naruto render from Storm 4:
Here's Kurama Mode Naruto from Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution:
Here's SPSM Naruto from Storm 4:
Here's Kurama Mode Naruto from Storm 3:
Thanks for the suggestions, though aren't the last 2 renders already used for the anime/manga profile?

I guess a case by case would be more acceptable? I'm just saying that it would result in the characters having almost all the same abilities despite not visually showing them or getting any context like in the manga/anime.
If you can't use jutsu descriptions from canon/DB then don't bother with Storm profiles. Because they are no Jutsu descriptions in the game.
What you will have is basically Naruto profiles but poor with far less explanations. Like almost the double of the original profile but worse.
There is still a story though and we have visuals of jutsu so you can still get abilities. I'm just not 100% on giving them everything a jutsu has to offer if it wasn't portrayed the same.

However I'm willing to go by a case by case. If a jutsu has shown to have different mechanics than it shouldn't provide the same abilities as Canon. However if nothing suggests the move is different than it should still be taken as it is in Canon. Is that more favorable?

I guess a case by case would be more acceptable? I'm just saying that it would result in the characters having almost all the same abilities despite not visually showing them or getting any context like in the manga/anime.

There is still a story though and we have visuals of jutsu so you can still get abilities. I'm just not 100% on giving them everything a jutsu has to offer if it wasn't portrayed the same.

However I'm willing to go by a case by case. If a jutsu has shown to have different mechanics than it shouldn't provide the same abilities as Canon. However if nothing suggests the move is different than it should still be taken as it is in Canon. Is that more favorable?
Yeah, I think that makes perfect sense. The game does indeed change many abilities slightly, and/or adds or removes certain abilities, so it should definitely be analyzed on a case by case basis. But at the same time, for abilities that are portrayed exactly the same, we still need to acknowledge the fact that these games are based on the Naruto anime/manga, and are often supervised by Kishimoto. So yeah, I think this is the best way to go about it.

I did go through the majority of the game cutscenes, and there ain't that many differences in ability tbh since the cutscenes (the cutscenes also use scenes from the anime) tend to explain most of them. The only ability property that acted a bit differently was the TSB. Like how Edo Minato was able to regenerate his arms even after they were destroyed by Madara and Obito, so TSB don't nullify the Edo Tensei Ninjutsu. Or Kaguya's ETSB detonates like a bomb in her ultimate jutsu rather than expanding.

Back