• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can the Ultimate Jutsu’s in Ninja Storm 4 games be used to calc someone’s Ap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if the ultimate jutsus in the ninja storm series(specifically “Road to Boruto”) can be used to calc a characters Ap or is it not canon in that sense?
p4461AvBMbNi2S9dsmKloUhD4iMbJbaH.png

wiki probably holds the position the games are entirely unusable, however, if they characters are different enough, might be worth sandboxing a few profiles and proposing Ninja Storm profiles.

If DBH/DBX can get DB profiles, don't see why Ninja Storm games can't (again, providing the profiles are different enough).

Xenoverse and Heroes are their own stories. The Ultimate Ninja Storm games just adapt the original story.
the ultimate ninja games diverge from the canon so if you wanted you could make a profile.

we also have Toei Goku which is also just an adaption of the manga so I dont see an issue here.

Disagree

Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if the ultimate jutsus in the ninja storm series(specifically “Road to Boruto”) can be used to calc a characters Ap or is it not canon in that sense?
p4461AvBMbNi2S9dsmKloUhD4iMbJbaH.png
They would only be usable for hypothetical Storm/Game profiles like Shadow said. Definitely not usable for the manga profiles if that's what you're asking.

They not.
DBZ games have their own brand new story and even with that, some characters aren't allowed to get profiles because there's nothing different.

Plus it's against the rules
4) Franchises which contain non-canonical spin-offs/movies/videogames, et cetera, each with their own continuities and feats, yet not to the extent that Marvel and DC Comics do, should only be allowed profiles for notable original characters from said spin-offs, and not alternate versions of canonical characters, unless they are very prominent and notable.
The only difference is the feats. There's nothing separating them.

I don't care wether or not Naruto Ninja Storm gets profiles. There are a few different things but nothing that would make them massively different to their Canon counterparts other than feats and some alterations to the story but it still reaches the same conclusions in the long run as the Canon story.

How many profiles do you people even intend to make if you got the chance anyway? Because the only thing I expect to see are one off characters like Mecha Naruto since he's never appeared in Canon.

DBZ games have their own brand new story and even with that, some characters aren't allowed to get profiles because there's nothing different.
So do the Naruto games, and they were not stopped because it was not allowed, it's because people thought it would be superfluous
The only difference is the feats. There's nothing separating them.
Massive changes to the story and additional stories that are not part of the main canon is more than just feats btw.

So do the Naruto games, and they were not stopped because it was not allowed, it's because people thought it would be superfluous
They don't have a brand new story. They have the same exact story with some brand new scenes.
Would we give every video game character who has some new scenes in their games profiles now?
Massive changes to the story and additional stories that are not part of the main canon is more than just feats btw.
The changes aren't massive at all.

There are a few different things but nothing that would make them massively different to their Canon counterparts other than feats and some alterations to the story but it still reaches the same conclusions in the long run as the Canon story.
This would kneecap 99% of our profiles that happen to be adaptions

They don't have a brand new story. They have the same exact story with some brand new scenes.
Would we give every video game character who has some new scenes in their games profiles now?

The changes aren't massive at all.
Remind wherein the Original naruto did villages of the world hold a massive tournament that involved generations of shinobi fighting one another that culminated in an international crisis where a giant robot demon was going to destroy the world.

Remind wherein the Original naruto did the war abruptly end when naruto defeated Obito.

Remind when did Naruto and Sakura have to stop peoples souls from getting captured into dolls?

What do these "massive changes" do for the characters? Is Naruto complete different from his Canon counterpart, In terms of visual appearance and character?

Yeah sure, I've played the storm games so I know some of the changes but they aren't "massive". The characters still reach the same conclusion in canon just with some changes to the battles (Naruto managing to bullshit his way to winning against Obito in a one on one) but those don't impact anything other than scaling descriptions. Like I said, I'm not against the idea of profiles but it should be for characters like Mecha Naruto, ones who didn't appear in canon or are completely different from their canon counterparts like if something in the games changed how they are and what they end up becoming.

How about this, make a draft for a Naruto Ninja Storm Profile and show it has the differences needed to be added.

This next bit is direct at the OP

No, we aren't scaling Storm feats to canon characters, that wouldn't make any sense since Ninja Storm has different scaling the canon and the feats don't exist in the main continuity. Example, we don't scale Toei feats to canon Dragon Ball.

You are acting like it needs to be a diferent story and diferent characters and the only somewhat similarity to the original is that they have some ability and the designs are similar

You are acting like it needs to be a diferent story and diferent characters and the only somewhat similarity to the original is that they have some ability and the designs are similar
I never said that, Storm Naruto has difference but not one bothered to make a draft to show the differences. I already said I'm not against make the profiles, but just saying he's different isn't enough, we need to show it so people won't just say "he's just different in stats and abilities".

Remind wherein the Original naruto did villages of the world hold a massive tournament that involved generations of shinobi fighting one another that culminated in an international crisis where a giant robot demon was going to destroy the world.

Remind wherein the Original naruto did the war abruptly end when naruto defeated Obito.

Remind when did Naruto and Sakura have to stop peoples souls from getting captured into dolls?
How much of that makes up the game's story?
Is it even part of the main story mode?

How much of that makes up the game's story?
Is it even part of the main story mode?
My memory on the games isn't that great since I haven't played them in a while, but I know the Obito thing definitely is. It was the finale of Storm 3's story.

Wait yeah gandalf has 2 profiles but i dont think the profiles vary to much appart from hax and AP
That's because no one bothered to address it. Also, I'd like an actual Lord of the Rings expert to confirm this.

Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, the Witcher, One Punch man, Toaru, IT,Konosuba, King Kong, Dune,Jurassic Park, metro 2033 just to name a select few
Some of those I'd like confirmation from knowledge members on if they aren't different enough. However, for One Punch Man, I thought we didn't make profiles for the Web Novel, Anime stuff? I thought we only had Manga profiles?

Some of those I'd like confirmation from knowledge members on if they aren't different enough. However, for One Punch Man, I thought we didn't make profiles for the Web Novel, Anime stuff? I thought we only had Manga profiles?
the manga is an adaption of the web novel with just better art.

I should clarify that I don't think any profile should be created based on minor changes, however I dont think characters need to be 180 degrees different to get a profile either.

If there are enough differences that wouldn't make the profile superfluous then I think it should be fine.

the manga is an adaption of the web novel with just better art.
Well. I don't know enough about it to give a valid response. I don’t recall use having multiple profiles of One Punch Man characters.

Either way, the original question in the OP has been answered, we do not use Storm feats for canon scaling, and they only would apply for Ninja Storm profiles. As for this whole Ninja Storm profile creation thing, if you guys want them I suggest simply making a sandbox to show people the difference would be the best way to go. Obviously minor characters changes are a no, but if it's noticeable enough then I don't have a problem with it.

Should this be closed now?

This is fair, but this should mainly warrant profiles for mecha naruto, who could scale to ingame feats imo.

This was never referenced at all, never showed aftereffects in later canon, I'm not even sure if it fits in the story
This got retconned by Revolution
Doesn't this not fit in the story iirc? Could've sworn it took place at the end of Storm 3 which got retconned by the end of Revolution
We only have anime profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back