• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OG DMC Dante's Resistances

Is anyone here that's particularly knowledgeable on DMC have an idea as to what are Dante's resistances and what their sources are?

I noticed just the other night from looking at Dante's page that he has several of resistances from 3 and onward (chronologically wise) but most of them are unsourced or are not listed with reasoning/justification as shown here:

"Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Blood Manipulation, Poison, Illusions, Spatial Manipulation (Via Rebellion), Reality Warping, Space-Time Manipulation, BFR and Precognition (Demons are stated to be immune to The Beastheads' effects, which include reshaping reality itself)" -DMC3 Dante tab

I'm not too heavy in on DMC itself (mostly cuz all I played was 4 and I planned on getting 5 cuz it looked cool but saving on money atm) but I'm rather ticked a bit that of all of these, only the ones about the Beasthead and with Rebellion, which is there cuz of taking blows from Yamato w/o getting cut cleaned through according to Redgrave, is on there yet the rest aren't...

I'm wondering if there's anyone that's played any of the games before 4 that know anything about the rest. As far as Red has told me, he doesn't remember where Mind resist came from but said something about Dante staying alive or whatever from an object that drains a persons soul or whatever. Ice seems to come from Cerberus (Devil May Cry) as he added but the rest are an IDK or something of that line from Red so.....anyone has something to put cuz I would like to see them added with reasoning rather than leaving it as is.

Even w/o scans, at least something that can tell people why he has it even if it was mundane-ish or such.

I'm on my phone so I cant get the scans rigth now but i'll get them later cuz I'm going to the U right now.

The Mind manip is because there was some statue that drives people mad when they touch it and Vergil was put under some illusion and was fine and Dante is the same thing.

Soul manip is because there is some device in DMC 3 that sucks one soul and gives power, Jester said something like one person would immediately die and Dante carried that thing for some time.

Blood Manip is because there was some Sin in the manga that tried to suck Dante dry but he reaisted it and transformed.

Poison is because in DMC 2 fodder demons can poison poeple/enemies and Dante is just fine fighting/poking that thing.

Illusions is the same thing as before.

From RW to Precog is because of the beasthead.

Finally~

Yeah this is what I'm trying to ask cuz if he has any source of it, it'd be good to put them on there, especially the ones like soul and mind ones.

Beastheads one should probably be expanded upon cuz I'm pretty sure any non DMC person would not know what a Beasthead is let alone what they can do. So far, they just have warping reality yet DMC wiki has them be able to see the past, present, and future as well as letting someone see the future which drives them craazy or something like that. Dk how true it is (not saying it's wrong or being doubtful) but it should be expanded upon beyong reshaping reality.

I know and I agree, his profile seems lackluster in the scans department.

I have time right now so I'll try to find some scans/videos.

EDIT:

Soul Manip Resistance:

• Then you have some enemies called "Soul Eater", those things are said to feast on the souls of his victims and in game they can kill Dante very fast (Dante is inmune to their effects in his Devil Trigger mode).
I don't have any video of them nor I could find some in wich they succ Dante.

Soul Eater DMC

• And for the last I can remember you have Neva who can literally one-shot Dante with a kiss. She suck his soul or life force. (Again Dante is inmune to this with his DT).
I don't remember if there is another feat... so, next one.

Mind Manipulation/Illusions resistance:

It's from the manga, Vergil is trying to set free one of the Sins that Sparda sealed 2,000 years ago.

Sin mind 1

Sin mind 2

Sin mind 3

Sin mind 4

It will take some more time to put the rest of the scans so Imma just link the manga here: https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-59179/chapter/mrs-chapter-59185

Chapter 6, page 8 onwards.

Blood Manipulation Resistance:

It comes from the manga, there Dante "fights" agains one of the seven sins that Sparda sealed along with the devil tower, The Temen-Ni-Gru.

Here is the link: https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-59179/chapter/mrs-chapter-59187

Chapter 8, page 8 onwards.

You can see how the blind demon recognices Sparda's scent inside Dante and starts to suck him dry until he goes in that semi DT.

Poison Manipulation Resistance:

This one IIRC comes from some boss in DMC2 where it's stated that she/he/it can produce poisonus gas.

It's this thing IIRC.

Here is the boss battle: https://youtu.be/5dVUGwx0Nbk?t=414

As you can see Dante is mostly unnaffected by that gas.

Ice Manip and Spatial Manip:

Dante can get frozen solid by Cerberus and break out of it almost instantaneously.

And Rebellion can tank the Yamato just fine, on top of that he can stop that thing with his Royal Guard style.

Everything that comes out of the Beasthead:

I don't have the novel nor I have read it but I have seen some scans in other threads, maybe someone else could provide those.

I think thats all?

Soul Manip: Good. And from the looks of it, Dante was struggling but not enough to hamper him speaking. Even being able to pull up a bit to point a gun at that Joker wannabe (guessing that's Arkham?). And jeez that Nevan fight looks annoying if she keeps doing that everyone and then. But cool enough.

Mind Manip: Seems like it took a bit but he got out of it so that seems fair.

Blood Manip: Hmm this one seems like Dante needed to at least get to Semi-DT or even full DT to resist the process. It's there but seems to need the form change to do it.

Poison: Right.

Ice: Should have figured. Thought the Ice was anything special but oh well.

Spatial: Really now? I'm gonna assume he had all styles including RG as far back as 3 so that seems neat + the Rebellion one.

Beasthead: Again, definitely will be good to have scans of those for the page.

Looks about fine enough far as I see here?

Oh trust me, that is VERY annoying, specially in Dante Must Die mode, she can one shot you if you aren't cautious. And yes, that is Arkham in his Jester form.

For the blood manip, yeah Dante was trying to resist but it was futile until he got that power up in the form of that semi DT, stronger versions of hims should fare better. Btw the manga takes place one year before DMC3, so Dante still doesn't have his DT.

Spatial: Yeah, he had all his styles in DMC3 and the RG style is the strongest one, if you know how to use it of course.

Yeah, sorry about the Beasthead.

Very discouraging gameplay lol. At least it's not FP horror games...those I can't handle no matter how much guts I can take. Actually it's horror games in general like RE7 and the remake and such I wouldn't handle.

(Cough) anyways cool. Ah right to the Blood one.

No worries on the Beasthead. Could probably search around myself on the DMC threads if anything.

In fact, it encourages you to lear how to properly play the game lol

Also, lol for that, really? I mean, it's not hard it just requires some more determination :v

You could ask for them in the DMC Discussion thread.

Yes~

I've looked through it and while I haven't seen any in the current thread + the previous 2, it seems like at least one person or 2 are unsure of the Beastheads one.

...Not sure how I'll go and ask about that but I'll do it later anyways.

Anywho, thanks for the replies. Now it's just a matter of actually putting these on the profile XD

Though I am aware that there is/will be one(s) surrounding DMC5's tiering and such so I'll wait this one out when I see it later...or simply do the above and ask them on the DMC talk threads.

Back