• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Dragon Ball Continuities Citations

Tarble is also mentioned in Battle of Gods and Broly, which are continuations of the manga. What goons and robbers?

We confirmed earlier in the thread that Toei stated that their Super anime is connected to the original anime from over 18 years ago, not Kai.

To my knowledge, Tuffles were only in the anime at the time, first in DBZ Ep 20.

Super Anime can't really be a sequal to the Classic Anime; the flashbacks retcon a lot of things that were in both the original Anime and Kai while also showing some details more faithful to the manga. Like, planet Vegeta wasn't portrayed as a planet larger than Jupiter in either versions of Dragon Ball Super nor the original Manga, but both Kai and the original Anime did. Super and Manga both do say Vegeta is 10 times Earth's gravity, but the volume is roughly the same as Earth's.

DarkDragonMedeus

The flashbacks in super also retcon the manga so by that same logic it should not be canon to the manga ether and planet vegeta is never stated to be around the same size as jupiter in the anime's run that is.

super is not faithful to the manga unless you think vegeta's character shift and future trunk knowing the genki dama is faithful

Actually, the original Anime is where the guidebooks mention the diameter of planet Vegeta dwarfing that of Jupiter. In Super and in the original manga, Vegeta just has exactly 10x the mass of Earth and 10x the gravity.

DarkDragonMedeus

The guidebooks aren't the anime their a separate thing so your point is mute and in the dbz anime the size of that planet is never established.

The guidebooks contradict the anime at times aswell eg tienshinhan being a alien

Guidebooks are secondary canon depending on versions; however, they are meant to give lore which includes the official, mass, diameter, and gravity of planet Vegeta. Parts that contradict the source aren't use, but other details not provided in the source such as scientific properties are reasonable.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Actually, the original Anime is where the guidebooks mention the diameter of planet Vegeta dwarfing that of Jupiter. In Super and in the original manga, Vegeta just has exactly 10x the mass of Earth and 10x the gravity.
Hey man, a little off topic but ive not seen where it is stated that planet Vegeta's diameter dwarfs that of Jupiter. Could you maybe link me to where this was said, or give me the quote or something to find the translation?

The Jupiter statement is news to me as well. I could not find any information online about it.

@SSJRyu Kepekley was the one who mentioned it, you could ask him.

I could not find any of Kepekley23's post talking about Jupiter and Vegeta from a guidebook.

I'm not saying I don't know Kep. I'm saying there isn't any record of his username, the planet Jupiter, and Planet Vegeta in the same paragraph in relation to a guidebook.

OK, yeah I know in GT it depicts earth and planet vegeta side by side and Vegeta is like 10X the diameter. I was just intrigued about it being mentioned in a guide since id not heard about that,

He didn't link it, but he did mention it. Probably why I said you should ask him.

I double checked the comments, and Kep didn't mention anything about a guide statement regarding the size of the planet.

AKM sama

Aside from toriyama directly stating the movies are non canon what objective evidence exists for things being non canon in the dragon ball verse and you ignored his rather valid point by simply remarking there's alot of non canon works he played a part in which is not a argument against what he said by any means unless you think the equivalent of saying your wrong cause your wrong is valid that is

To reitterate, there is no guidebook statement regarding the size of Planet Vegeta.

Firestorm808 said:
To reitterate, there is no guidebook statement regarding the size of Planet Vegeta.
Earth is called a small plant several times in the saiyan saga and I believe when frieza came to earth with his dad, it's possible assumptions of plant vegeta's size came from these statments as it should be larger then earth

I know that, it's just that he's the one who brought up Toeiverse version of Vegeta being larger than Jupiter.

Back