• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Another idea would be calcing the distance traveled while undressing and moving backwards or whatever (i do not get the context of the feat).
But here is an extremely rough (made at 5:30AM) idea of the calc.
Let's see how he disrobes. It is impossible to not move the sleeves if we take out both hands at the same time so let's assume 1m for each hand and thus 2m. Next the legs, he could have jumped out of them, 1m. Next the dash back and that is another meter or so.
Low balling it, let's use the idea that the guy moved faster than the clothes could fall 1cm. Using a calculator, a fall from that height would take around 0.045sec and thus the speed is 4m per 0.045sec or 1m per 0.01125sec or 88.88m per second which is ~320km/h or subsonic.

Assuming it had not fallen a millimeter we can use 10x that aka 3200km/h or supersonic.

But if you want a legit usable calc then you'll need evidence, context, pixel scaling, more pixel scaling and a time frame.

The way water molecules bond to one another, the oxygen attracts two hydrogens, and the hydrogens each attract to one oxygen. When simplified to two dimensions, this causes them to form a pattern somewhat like brickwork. So you can effectively map the area covered by each molecule through length x (height + distance between molecules).
Since water’s an angled molecule, we can use that to find the height. Using the same source you found the size of water molecules in, the angle is 104.45 degrees.
Using an isosceles triangle calculator, with base angle of (180-104.45)/2 = 37.775 and base of 0.28 we can find the height to be 0.14725nm
Based on this the average distance between water molecules is 3.1 angstroms (0.31 nm)
So the area per water molecule would be around 0.28nm*0.45725nm = 0.12803nm^2, or 1.2803e-15cm^2
The minimum number of hydrogen bonds should be the number of water molecules minus 1.

For the picoscale, it’s smaller than an atom, but still larger than the nucleus of an iron atom. Since our subatomization is based on destruction of the nucleus, it might not be the best value to use here. Maybe using ionization energy might be better? Since the destruction is 19.6pm out of the 126pm of an iron atom, maybe you could assume it removed 15.55% of the electrons spread throughout (so, about 4)? I’m not confident in this method, but I think it makes more sense here than nucleus destruction. The energy of the first ionization from iron is 7.9024eV or 1.266104e-18 Joules. I tried to calculate later ones, but looking at my result I’m confident I used the equation wrong
Thanks for the help, I think it works now.

"Hey I'm gonna punch those cars and deliver a very nice lifting strength feat"
To be honest, there's some forms of punching I'd consider as LS, as punching with bad form will make people try to "push" things with the fist after the impact. That is so hard to see accurately in fiction though that it might be ignored.

I've a question. How would I calculate a feat that something split something apart with a blow? Not with a slicing attack, but rather breaking something in two pieces right at the middle.

yeah pushing with a fist after a punch is definitely fine but i don't think GE does that

as for the splitting, i'm not aware of a better method so i just used a cutting formula for a similar feat (second calc if it doesn't send you to it automatically)
Yeah, it's rare to see that in fiction. Strangely, we can see that clearly in martial arts manga when the practicioners supposedly are master martial artists that, in practice, would be the least likely to do that.

Thanks! you truly have supreme taste in games, that one is a gem

Compressive strength here is basically another term for saying "Pulverization" strength.
Yeah I made that calc before the Demon Slayer one where you told me. Maybe I oughta go back and fix it.
Thanks! you truly have supreme taste in games, that one is a gem
My man are we twins or something, seems like we just play the same stuff lol 🤝

Question: How would I calc bending something?

I wanted to have a go at some prison bar bending feats, where the character just grabs the thing with his hand and bends it out of shape.

A character kicks a door so hard that it crushes the person on the other side. Can this be considered an LS feat?

And reflect a missile? Like here
Missiles are generally 300 m/s but here you need to figure out how far the slash moved and how far the missile was from the bike.

Formula is as follows

(Distance moved by character * Speed of projectile) / Distance between character and projectile when the character started moving

However, I think I saw a bullet-smacking there as well. Bullets from a minigun can reach upto 853 m/s.

I am referring to whether reflecting a missile (or anything) can be considered an LS feat, since according to what I have seen a missile from a RPG can weigh 21Kg, which forms class K with the speed

I am referring to whether reflecting a missile (or anything) can be considered an LS feat, since according to what I have seen a missile from a RPG can weigh 21Kg, which forms class K with the speed
Doubt it. It's still either an AP feat or a Speed feat.

How do calc LS from jumping feats? Feat in question is Gyro jumping 8 meters high with his Steel Balls.

How do calc LS from jumping feats? Feat in question is Gyro jumping 8 meters high with his Steel Balls.
By Armorchompy Jump Good lifting strength model,

Attack Potency = Potential energy (PE) gained in jumping upward = m (Mass of character in kg) x g (applicable gravity: 9.80665 J/kg/m for Earth) x h (height of character vertically jumping upward from ground in meters)
Travel speed = attack speed and reaction speed = Initial launch speed = (2 g h)^0.5 in m/s
Lifting strength (in Newton) = PE / D (distance of force applied: estimated to be 1/3 character height, justify if actual force applying distance differs)

m can technically be mass of character + whatever they're holding, although idk if the steel balls will make much difference

Calced the feat and got Class 1, 1.16 metric tons. It'd be higher if I add Steel Ball weight into it (~3kg each) but not something that'd change a lot.

Hello, is it alright if I ask for some advice towards calcing this feat? I'm trying to get how durable Star Platinum would need to be to survive this. Some problems with the calc include:

Area, pressure, speed, location, density, KE, omnidirectional point, size, etc.

I would really appreciate any possible help with this.

Hello, is it alright if I ask for some advice towards calcing this feat? I'm trying to get how durable Star Platinum would need to be to survive this. Some problems with the calc include:

Area, pressure, speed, location, density, KE, omnidirectional point, size, etc.

I would really appreciate any possible help with this.
Good luck and may God bless you in your journey Blue.

Back