• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Of illusions and duplication (Neopolitan vs Ultimate Echo Echo)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Loud Robot : 0
Quiet Illusionist : 7
Incon : 0

Ultimate Echo Echo and Beacon Neo used
Speed equalized
Starting distance is 20 meters
Both characters have prior knowledge

These 2 verses have some broken skill chains that can span to several paragraphs. So lets do it

Last edited:
So how does she bypass him just Incapping her with an omnidirectional forcefield of sound like he did to Kevin and that nuclear blast or whatever it was, let alone his ability to make an absurd amount of clones all equal to him in every stat? Ben's less skilled than she is but he's also seen literally all of her powers before from different enemies and can even replicate most of them himself with his different aliens.

even replicate most of them himself with his different aliens.
Uh, I thought ultimate Echo Echo can't duplicate? It just creates drones

Also do all the aliens have the ability to turn into other aliens? Because I don't remember that happening in matches with individual aliens

So how does she bypass him just Incapping her with an omnidirectional forcefield of sound like he did to Kevin and that nuclear blast or whatever it was, let alone his ability to make an absurd amount of clones all equal to him in every stat? Ben's less skilled than she is but he's also seen literally all of her powers before from different enemies and can even replicate most of them himself with his different aliens.
Who has ben fought with illusion powers on par with Neo?

Uh, I thought ultimate Echo Echo can't duplicate? It just creates drones

Also do all the aliens have the ability to turn into other aliens? Because I don't remember that happening in matches with individual aliens
From my understanding, nope. They just stay in one form for the whole match if you are using a specified alien - like what you are doing, Pepper... unless somebody specifically makes a match with Ben himself, in which case, I am pretty sure he can transform into whoever he wants to be unless it is higher than the specified tier.
Who has ben fought with illusion powers on par with Neo?
Maybe Charmcaster or Hex? Not sure. Honestly, facing people with illusion powers is probably more up Gwen's alley than Ben's, by my reckoning. Sure, he does have a wealth of combat experience, but I am 70% sure that he hasn't had faced anybody that has as high of mastery of illusion powers that Neo has.

Prior knowledge alone tilts this heavily in Neo's favor, even ignoring the skill stuff she is one of the best assassins on the planet her stealth and illusions are well beyond what Ben has dealt with, and she is entirely willing to go immediately for a kill against an actual target rather than someone she is just toying with. With a 20 meter gap, Neo can effectively turn the entire battlefield into an illusion and then Ben is just done, he isnt finding her as she will be spamming illusory clones and misdirecting him the entire time. Hell, with prior knowledge she can even make clones of Ben's allies to distract him.

Neo can effectively turn the entire battlefield into an illusion and then Ben is just done, he isnt finding her as she will be spamming illusory clones and misdirecting him the entire time
I kinda chose Echo Echo for the reason of having an ability that works pretty well against fragile illusions, that being duplication and AoE. Each of his sound drones has the same range he does, that being hundreds of meters which he can position wherever he wants while having his durability
Hell, with prior knowledge she can even make clones of Ben's allies to distract him.
I mean, he's dealt with tangible clones of his aliens and members of their species. Plus Ben also has prior knowledge and will know it's a clone. Though it would be pretty interesting if she makes an illusion of one of his sound drones and pretends to be caught

I kinda chose Echo Echo for the reason of having an ability that works pretty well against fragile illusions, that being duplication and AoE. Each of his sound drones has the same range he does, that being hundreds of meters which he can position wherever he wants while having his durability
Nothing is really stopping her from just remaking the illusions though, one of the most dangerous things about Neo's semblance is that even with how absurdly versatile and borderline broken it is as an ability, it uses almost no aura even when she spams it in combat, to the point that despite being an active semblance, she is able to constantly use it to project an illusion over herself at all times, even when she is asleep or unconscious, and she can maintain illusions for hours on end without running out of aura. On top of that, her illusion manipping the environment means she can just alter the appearance of the surrounding area to trick Ben into crashing his drones into stuff. And out of curiosity, where was it shown that his drones have that kind of range? I just watched a bunch of his fights and the drones themselves dont have that level of attack range, only travel range, and the only time UEE used an attack with that kind of range was from his own sound attacks, not the drones.
I mean, he's dealt with tangible clones of his aliens and members of their species. Plus Ben also has prior knowledge and will know it's a clone.
Its less about fighting them and more that they can hurt him and take attacks for Neo but are ultimately misdirections, he will have to juggle taking out Neo's illusion clones while also trying to pin down an invisible opponent in an illusory terrain that they have full control over, let alone if she makes a clone that is someone like Gwen or Kevin.
Though it would be pretty interesting if she makes an illusion of one of his sound drones and pretends to be caught
She is entirely capable of doing this as well yes.

For the record, mindhax resistance doesn’t matter against these illusions right?
To my knowhow, in this site, Illusion creation and mind manip, while technically the same thing, are two separate things that require specified resistance towards either one or the other - meaning, even if Ben/Echo had mind manip resistance, he still wouldn't be protected against Neo's illusions. Am 70% sure about this.

Can’t UEE just use flight and big AoE to counter? Like if she gets hit with a sound attack she won’t be able to focus anymore right?
It doesnt require focus, she is skilled with her semblance to the point that she is able to constantly keep it active subconsciously as well as maintain illusions while asleep or unconscious

Last edited:
And just to get this concluded

Ice Cream Lady FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back