• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Odin 3-b ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if I understood correctly, all that Mephisto (who is also a systematic liar) stated is that the cubes also have infinite power, not that they are equally powerful to the gems.

In any case, it is safer to go by feats than by claims.

Cosmic cubes being at the level of the infinity gems seems inconsistent, at least 2-C for them seems fine considering how they are normaly portrayal.

That is not a good new thread. Somebody needs to summarise all of the arguments regarding upgrading the cubes.

Btw slightly of topic but shouldnt Dormamu be at least 2-C as well? I am pretty sure it was stated somewhere that he was comparable with Agamotto who stalemated Galactus.

Now while it is true that Dormamu called himself equal to Odin he later created a stronger phyical body than the one of the first scan. I also found this but I am not sure about its context.

Moderately fed Galactus is just 2-C via being >Odin. Plus Classic Strange was powerful enough to at least challenge Dormammu but Agamotto was >>>> Strange. If there's a direct scan of Agamotto being comparable to Dormammu I'll stand corrected though.

As for the last scan, I think it should be dismissed pretty easily. Dormammu boasted about how his growing power would hit Celestial level but his plans were defeated and he never actually demonstrated reaching that level.

Can somebody ask Matthew to comment here regarding how we should scale the cubes and the multiversal Phoenix Force?

We should probably adjust the reference about the Celestials being degrees of infinity above the cubes in conjunction, and state in a notes section that it has been contradicted instead.

Okay, so should we update him to "At least 2-C" based on beating up Eternity once in the Giffen/DeMatteis Defenders miniseries?

Also, what do you think about the other issues that I brought up?

That was a really old statement in the very early issues of doctor strange, dormamu has gotten atleast 3 permament amps after this on top of the fact that he was still getting used to the power of doctor strange's body, and later said that when he masters it he'll take down the celestials and the skyfathers.

Antvasima said:
Okay, so should we update him to "At least 2-C" based on beating up Eternity once in the Giffen/DeMatteis Defenders miniseries?
Also, what do you think about the other issues that I brought up?
That was multi eternity tho?

First off....

@Hykuu It was definitely Multi-Eternity in that DaMatteis comic .

@PRIDE I'd be more than happy to induldge on the info I've been saving for years to defend... But as of this point I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to.... But I wanted to make one last post if I can't prove my claims.

If you guys are just going to agree with them ... I'm not upset about that. But what I am slightly confused by is that I don't seem to get how you guys claimed it was ridiculous or wank without evidence ? The people who called my opinions "wank" didn't provide a speck of evidence for a counterclaim , while I provided a crapton... Other than saying "it's ridiculous" and dismissed it. If you guys somehow did in a previous thread I'd love to see it... Because the thread I made explicit references to the below info I only did for one thread... Which hasn't gotten a response in months to years:

- The Dreams of Reality from DaMatteis (The Man-Thing one I mentioned) . Those such as Canon explicitly to Daydreamers Arc Fantastic Four , Abraxas Arc , Hickman's Run Arc, and a lot of others. Supports the Universal Abstracts being that high, or those somewhat close being that high.

- Heroes Reborn (Explicitly has one): Explicitly Canon to any notably cosmic event within Marvel involving the Celestials and the Fantastic Four. Supports the Celestials being as high as I've "wanked" them to be . The Retconned Secret Wars supports the feat, as well as the Crossroads of Infinity (by implying both it and the Negative Zone ... Are one in the same. The UN used in the fight against the Celestials in the same series as the Adult FR fight explicitly was going to be used to destroy the Negative Zone, which scales to the Mad Celestials Multiple Negative Zone feats from those somewhat comparable or comparable to the Earth 616 Abstracts.

- All "Universes" being destroyed would include the Negative Zone [If it was stated within those series of issues when the 2-A feat occurred since it and 616 are directly linked]... Which surprisingly there is a lot of.

Etc.

I'm not sure if a claim of being "far more than just a universe" is enough proof for Dormammu beating the full Multi-Eternity, rather than the regular version.

He did beat the Multi-Eternity in that Defenders series but it's an outlier.

I personally think that Low 2-C Odin is more consistent than 2-C since all of the supposed 2-C feats involve him "Affecting the multiverse / shaking multiple universes" in his battle, while creation and destruction feats tend to cap at individual universes.

Surtur at the height of his power would have destroyed the Nine Worlds, however, which are nine universes.

Okay. Would you be fine with scaling the cubes from putting Eternity in a coma and overpowering Doom with Galactus' power? Also, can we scale the multiversal Phoenix Force from the other abstracts on that level?

I actually agree with matt, odin seems to be more consistently low 2-C than 2-C, but the surtur scaling is still there

Okay. Here it is: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2902967

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back