• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obito, Madara and Kaguya Upgrade a Relativistic+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to ask a few things about Infinite Tsukuyomi and a possible upgrade for several characters of Naruto. I was looking to see if this had been done and I did not find anything about it however it could be spoken in an old forum topic or that I did not find in my search and if so, know how to apologize I'm relatively new and I have no way to check if whether or not this has been mentioned.

The first question would be regarding speed, we know that this jutsu consists of light that in sent from the Moon to the planet and that catches to all in the infinite dream of the Tsukuyomi. As an attack made light and therefore traveling at such speed should not the characters users of this jutsu be classified as Relativistic+? I mean, it's an attack made of light that travels at the speed of light so it seems logical that it be so, do you think?

The second question is whether this technique can be quantified, I mean that, this makes it all around the world seems noon even though it is totally at night, so I guess it releases an amount of energy in the form of light similar to the of our Sun for this to happen. We know the magnitude of energy released by the Sun every second that equals 3.8e26 joules, so if what I mentioned was so and how it is maintained for several minutes, suppose 5 minutes, would give an amount of energy equivalent to 1.14e29 joules practically grazing the Moon Level. This is just an assumption but I think it could be, if not, is there any other way to determine it?

You are two doubts that have arisen and I think it is worth discussing, I hope to have your opinions and thanks for reading.

I can't answer the second part but for the first part...

Why would the users of this technique be Relativistic+ speed ratings? Or do you mean their Attack Speed with this jitsu.

All they do is active the technique then the effect activates/the light shines.

I believe that would be Relativistic+ Attack Speed with Infinite Tsukuyomi if that's what you meant? But if you meant their overall speed then no, their natural speed would not scale to this jutsu.

Yes, obviously I mean that their attack speed with Infinite Tsukuyomi is Relativistic+ since at all times I mean the technique and not the speed of them although that is another issue, so far only have that speed with said jutsu.

The second part seems to me has some logic although we will have to wait for someone more understood in those subjects to elucidate better. Thank you very much for your reply.

Ok I was just trying to make sure. Since it uses Light then I don't have a problem with Relativistic+.

It is true, as it is something made of light it sounds too simple to require a topic to discuss, but as the staff would have to accept an update like that before changing it I did not go directly to the articles, hopefully some staff will soon go through the theme. Thanks for your participation.

Oh hey, something that supports lightspeed Light Fang.

Has anyone ever reacted to this? Sasuke bringing up Susanoo perhaps?

Its kinda wired because some people where effected before naruto or sasuke. Well at least from what I can remember

Do you have the panels? It could be that it was happening at the same time so the manga was showing different places before going to NaruSasu.

Gemmysaur said:
Oh hey, something that supports lightspeed Light Fang.
Has anyone ever reacted to this? Sasuke bringing up Susanoo perhaps?
From what I saw, it was more of a long-term attack, Naruto and Sasuke were already refugees in the Susanoo before it started and they stayed in there until they finished radiating the light.

Then they don't support lightspeed Light Fang then. Bummer. This could've put relativistic or something Narutoverse god tiers as not an outlier.

Do not dismiss the fact that Naruto God Tiers are Relativistic+ since the possibility exists because there is data that support it, but that is another topic and would lead to a more extensive debate. For the moment everything points with a large margin of safety that three characters are at least attack speed. Thank you for your

About the second part.

You can't quantify such a technique, it's an illusion, not a product of their AP. You cannot assume it releases energy similar to the Sun because:

1. If it did release energy and light, it would also release heat, yet no one is harmed by it.

2. If Infinite Tsukuyomi's "light" is coming from the Moon, how come all the world is illuminated when only one portion of Earth faces the moon at a time?

3. If you did assume it releases energy like the Sun, only it's coming from the Moon, I'm pretty sure the Earth would get roasted from the energy from such a close distance.

I just assumed the show threw all physics out the window for that technique to work on everyone.

@ScarletFirefly

No, that is a mistake, light is not an illusion, light is what makes you enter the illusion that light is a physical phenomenon (although obviously with some fantastic differences of fiction).

About the heat, I also think and know if they feel heat next to the light is difficult because it is not mentioned however that seems the most sensible, it may not be so intense as to burn the skin, however? From where do you get that for there to be heat you should be harmed by it? Perhaps you mean that at that distance to the Moon was the heat of the Sun would be thousands of times more intense but as I said, this light has its fantastic differences, although that does not eliminate the possibility that if there is a certain amount of Same not enough to kill all of humanity as it would be unproductive for the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

With its second point is the same as I already mentioned, it is not a conventional light is designed to reach all parts of the planet and affect even if you close your eyes or you are under the shade of a tree.

With its third point if it makes sense and is what I thought, but come to two conclusions, one that the heat emanating is not enough or as intense as the Sun (maybe this and discard that releases the same energy of the Sun LoL) or two, that what can be quantified is the luminosity emanating from the same technique without there having to be heat and my final question of if there was any other way to quantify it comes from that. Take into account that I only gave a chance that I could emanate the same energy from the Sun, I never took it for granted just ask if it was so.

However out of the heat and such, I stumbled upon this blog by Matthew Schroeder https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...lashpoint_DC:_Mogo_Lights_Up_a_Dying_Universe where he analyzes a phenomenon similar to this topic (I do not know much about DC so I do not know at all about the Green Lanterns and their rings so I'm not sure of the similarity) where he calculates energy based only on luminosity.

Now, can we use the same formula to evaluate this case?

I will inform Gwynbleiddd about this thread.

I'm in agreement with Scarlet.

Along with the fact that Susanoo was already active before the technique bega, the technique itself is genjutsu that reflects Madara's Rinne Sharingan onto the moon. Natural light doesn't work like that (ever tried to reflect your face on the moon?)

As you yourself said, it is not conventional light, and light does not stretch all the way around the Earth, especially moonlight. Thus we can't consider it real light.

@Reppuzan

The light is real, it is not an illusion is what causes you to enter the illusion in fact is what spreads the illusion and the fact that sustains it is that anyone sees and feels that light this or not is trapped in the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Let's see, you are concluding something superficially, that is part of a Genjutsu does not take away the physical part contains since it travels from the Moon to Earth, produces shade and so on. It is the same as the illusions created by Tayuya and Fukasaku and Shima that employ sound to catch their goals, that is the means of propagation of illusion does not demean their own physical facts, it is as if you said that the sound of the flute Of Tayuya is not real sound nor can we take it as such when it is evidently so.

Madara reflects her eye on the Moon and causes that emanates that great amount of light, is not reflecting light, has made the Moon produce light, something obviously fictional, but feasible since this community is plagued with things that alone Can happen in fiction.

If I have said that it is not a conventional light and that is the point, you are basing all your argument that it is a conventional light and that if it does not behave as such it can not be light, when it is not necessarily so, Can do things that normal light does and not stop being light because as I said, this is fiction and said light will do things that we do not see in the real light do.

Suppose it is not real light, then what is it? Why does it spread like light? And why does it work as light?

@Dariel

That said, as we've pointed out before, it does not act like real light in that real light cannot affect an entire planet at once no matter how much light is shined upon it due to the spinning of the Earth and the moon's limited surface area.

It's precisely because it's not conventional light that we cannot treat it as such, since it does not act like it.

Even if it was real light, there's no one to scale it to since no one dodged it. Sasuke was immune to it through his Rinnegan and Susanoo and shielded Naruto and co., while Madara and Obito were immune due to their own Rinnegan.

Ahhh, that really does not make sense because simply one thing has nothing to do with the other, if you want to say it is not light explain to us because the fact that it goes around the world does not make it light. Curiously, that can be explained as simple as the fact that Madara manipulates the light to surround the planet, so I say that what it says does not make sense, because in itself that surrounds the world is feasible.

I agree with Reppuzan and ScarletFirefly.

In the same series Madara explains why that happens and at all times refer to it as light, literally do not stop to corroborate that it is light:

Naruto Infinite Tsukuyomi Light 1
Naruto Infinite Tsukuyomi Light 2
I ask the same thing again, if it is not light, is it? Why does it spread like light and at the same speed as it? You are concluded that it is not light because it surrounds the planet when Madara can easily make the light go in the direction that it wants and therefore surrounding the Earth, its explanation of why it is not light based on it is superficial.

That's the issue, it doesn't spread like light.

Yes, light bends after it hits Earth's magnetic field and the ozone layer, but it's physically impossible for it to reach the other side of the Earth or else night wouldn't be a thing.

@AppleLord

Thank you.

@AppeLord

You have said something obvious, it is light made of chakra I do not think anyone has thought that it was not for a single moment, now that affects its propagation at the speed of light and the luminosity it causes? In Naruto create water made of chakra, earth made of chakra, fire made of chakra, does chakra water not have the same characteristics of common water? Does not that water get wet or can not drown you? Does not the fire they create with chakra burn?

@Reppuzan

Physically it is impossible to overcome the speed of light but there it is, thousands of characters here do.

You continue to surround the same issue, this is fiction where events that can not happen in our real world are possible, nothing can travel faster than light, here there are many characters who do not travel at the speed of light but exceed thousands Of times, millions of times or they simply make see such speed as irrelevant, if nothing can travel faster than light then what is all they have here of characters faster than light?

Answer this to me at what speed does the light of Infinite Tsukuyomi travel?

@Dariel

My point is, you can't use it as a benchmark for speed if it doesn't act like light. If it doesn't act like light, we can't assume it has the same properties and thus speed as light. This is standard procedure under our Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats page.

Furthermore, no one "reacted" to it or "dodged" it, so no one could scale even if it was real light.

It's up to you to prove that one of the properties that it still has is the speed. Exactly because it has already screwed some of the other properties of light. It could have the luminosity without having the actual speed for example.

Edit:ninja'd by Reppu

If it doesn't act like light, is it possible to calculate how fast it travelled from the moon to the Earth or something like that?

@Burning

Due to the constant scene cuts we don't have a concise timeframe to work with.

Once again, it wouldn't matter since no one actually dodged it. Sasuke just got his butt over to Naruto and friends in time to shield them with his Rinnegan.

@Reppuzan

Your point of reference is what I question, you say it is not light because it does not behave like light in some aspects (because if it behaves like light in others you assume they are all when it is not) physical, but that does not certify Nothing because in fiction there are things that are not physically possible and there they are, like people traveling faster than light, if their point is that something is physically impossible because everything that is not physically possible should be removed from all the articles.

In this subject no one mentions that someone reacted or dodged where did you get that? What is mentioned is that the three characters that use that technique that moves at the speed of light must be updated to Relativistic+ in attack speed.

And as a clear point that if light speed is to come from the Moon to Earth in the time that light would do, I really do not understand how you can deny something like that.

^in fiction there are also cases of light going MFTL or MHS. So if it doesn't behave like real light you can't assume it to be lightspeed.

I'm not trying to buff their speed but the IT is described as light. I don't get why that is being disputed.

@Heatforce

So many things can be described as light.

Excalibur's magical holy sword beam.

Yhwach's magical Quincy spells.

Goku's Kamehameha.

Storm Release in Naruto (which bends and undulates in the air).

Any number of Beam Weapons in mecha anime.

Lightsabers.

Just because it's called light doesn't mean we immediately treat it as if it was a laser.

And for the umpteenth time we can't upgrade anyone even if this were legitimate simply because no one dodged it. Sasuke flew back before the effects took their hold while Obito and Madara are also immune.

And this is the reason why I made this subject in the first place because I sensed that someone would disagree with something obvious for some reason taken from anywhere, but there is the feat that is undeniable, said light travels from the Moon to Earth In the time when the light would do and yet denied such a fact how is it possible that something like that is denied?

I'm not saying they should be upgraded but by that logic the IT is FTL because it shined around the globe and everywhere else within a matter of seconds.

Edit: also, even if it doesn't act like light but is called light, I thought the common thing to do is to say writers don't science?

I mean why are we specifically trying to say there are real world standards for light that must be applied to fiction, but everything else relayed to real physics does not apply?

Reppuzan what is the logic behind his argument? I can not understand it so that it is updated to Madara, Kaguya and Obito by using an attack that moves at the speed of light someone has to dodge it? Understand that this is not to give anyone in Naruto out of them three Relativistic+ speed, if they use an attack that moves at the speed of light why can not be updated at such speed making it clear that it is in speed attack?

Because if nobody actually dodged the attack, then they don't scale from the attack. That's just logic.

So that my attack can move at the speed of light someone has to dodge it? That does not have the slightest sense, if an attack moves at that speed it will do it without needing someone to dodge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back