• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obi Wan Kenobi vs Ryuko Matoi

Ryuko takes this with high difficulty. Nothing in Obi-Wan's arsenal can really put Ryuko down, so all he can really do is use his telekinesis and TK blasts, which wouldnt be much more than an annoying method of keeping her at a distance. His AP and Durability are way lower than Ryuko's, and if he tires out it would only take one good hit for Ryuko to put him down.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ryuko takes this with high difficulty. Nothing in Obi-Wan's arsenal can really put Ryuko down, so all he can really do is use his telekinesis and TK blasts, which wouldnt be much more than an annoying method of keeping her at a distance. His AP and Durability are way lower than Ryuko's, and if he tires out it would only take one good hit for Ryuko to put him down.
Ryuko: 1

OWK: 0

Obi-Wan mind screws. Before you say resistance, Ragyo is fodder tier in mind hax when it comes to Jedi and Siths on this level.

The real cal howard said:
Obi-Wan mind screws. Before you say resistance, Ragyo is fodder tier in mind hax when it comes to Jedi and Siths on this level.
Can that help Obi-Wan damage life fibers?

Not really well knowledged but has the mind manipulation of Jedi's ever been used for anything other than suggestion? Like that "These arent the droids you're looking for?"

Would Obi Wan mind screw someone in character to the extent required to take out Ryuko in a fight?

Jedis and Siths on this level mind control 10,000,000,000,000 people at once. And that's not an exaggeration. Well, they're slightly inferior to someone who can do that anyway. But yes. Far more than the simple suggestion. EU is too OP.

Dude cut his apprentice in half and left him for dead in a volcano when he turned bad and threatened his life. If his life depended on it, definitely. Of course, the question is if he'll get around to it.

I've always found the argument of controlling a bunch of unnamed HUGE group of nobodies to mean they can control one super powerful character to be somewhat fallacious.

If that were the case then Ragyo would still be fodder tier. At least their nobodies outnumbered hers a million to 1

Ragyo's mind screw is extremely potent though. For one thing, it is physically changing the brain, so it works differently and can't be resisted the same way as simple telepathy mind control. For another, it was able to casually and instantly take control of several thousand people who had all been chosen and trained specifically for their ability to resist the control of life-fibers, and instantly turned them all against Satsuki who had been indoctrinating them all for several years into unquestionably and obediently following her orders. So not really "nobodies". And Ryuko broke free of it twice, and the second time was exponentially more potent than the first.

I'm voting Ryuko for reasons above.

Are there any instances of Obi-Wan Mind haxing anyone with noted resistance to it, or like someone on or above his level?

I saw the show. How could I not if I'm such good friends with Ryu ovo. I digress. They were trained to fight life fibers. Not resist their control. Not even Satsuki saw it coming. So I'm that regard, they kinda still are nobodies (10 trillion vs a few thousand...) Also, that's why I think it's more akin to possession than mind manipulation.

Mental Refitting isn't possession. For it to be that, Ragyo herself would have to enter someone's brain and start controlling it from inside.

Mental Refitting just alters someone's brain into exactly how she wants it, which is exactly what Mind Manipulation is.

Problem is, most forms of mind hax don't actually affect the brain, but the consciousness. I brought this up when I tried to get Kirby immunity.

I saw the show. How could I not if I'm such good friends with Ryu ovo. I digress. They were trained to fight life fibers. Not resist their control. Not even Satsuki saw it coming. So I'm that regard, they kinda still are nobodies (10 trillion vs a few thousand...) Also, that's why I think it's more akin to possession than mind manipulation.

10 trillion ants is still crap compared to a few thousand elephants.

Good thing that we are comparing 10 trillion of regular ants to a few thousands oversized ants and not elephants then. The soldiers may have a iron will, but they are still humans

Problem is, most forms of mind hax don't actually affect the brain, but the consciousness. I brought this up when I tried to get Kirby immunity.
Ragyo can manipulate the conciousness as well as altering the brain. Such as fabricating new memories or emotions for people.

Mental Refitting doesn't work like conventional Mind Manipulation, that doesn't make it possession. Ragyo has never entered someone's brain to control things for herself.

@Ryu. I'm not doubting it, but the fact that it's biological, and say, Mewtwo could mindscrew Kirby but Ragyo couldn't, makes it sound like more of a combination, subset, or something similar.

Mental Refitting can manipulate both the physical brain and the conciousness. And again, Mind Manipulation working in a way you're not familiar with does not make it possession. The two are completely different powers. And Mental Refitting shares no similarities with possesion.

You misunderstand. Obviously, humans that have brains altered will have their consciousnesses altered. It's called mind manipulation for a reason. However, there are many fictions where the characters don't have traditional brains, Star Wars being one of them.

If I remember correctly, mental refitting is putting life fibers into the body of someone else, controlling their everything, right? Sounds like puppeteering, though puppetteering has the puppet normally keep their consciousness.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I could have sworn I saw a Ryüko vs a Star Wars character thread exactly like this one.
I made a thread on Darth Vader and it turned out to be a "stomp" because Vader could destroy a stormtrooper on the molecular level. (which is a bit ridiculous considering the strength gap between fodder and Ryüko).

Ragyo has applications of Mental Refitting that directly targets the conciousness as well. Such as her Memory and Empathic Manipulation.

No. It's more like her using those intangible fibers to restructure the brain. Like sewing into something else. Ragyo doesn't have to actively be controlling someone she manipulates like a puppeteer.

But even then, Ragyo's powers are not possession or comparable at all to something like what Danny Phantom does.

@Colonel

Molecular manipulation is molecular manipulation no matter how you slice it. It ignores durability, you can't keep your molecules together just because you are strong.

Kaltias said:
@Colonel

Molecular manipulation is molecular manipulation no matter how you slice it. It ignores durability, you can't keep your molecules together just because you are strong.
I believe that it requires focus to do, but anyway, I'll not derail anymore.

Hmmm Obi Wan cant get passed her regen per se (sub atomic destruction is not exactly his forte)

Since speed is equalized, we cant have a speed blitz and since Obi Wan is a master of Soresu, Ryuko will have an extremely hard time hitting him especially with pre cog (not sure if half the above comments forgot about that)

Obi Wan mind hax could perhaps influence ryuko to open up and obi wan can possibly destroy her sub atomically or mind hax her till she is incapacitated, but that is a massive leap of logic.

Ryuko is very aggressive and since soresu cannot push an advantage, and I doubt ryuko can get passed soresu or pre cog, I have to say inconclusive.

And if someone wins, this could take hours or days. Although I am curious if Ryuko scissor blade could melt and that would render her ineffective if a stray lightsaber melted the blade.

Gargoyle One said:
Obi Wan via Mind Had and Sub Atomic manipulation
Mind had strongest ability in fiction lul.

But seriously, can mind hax do anything to ryuko damaging? I mean, mind hax, obi wan slices her and she regenerates.

And sub atomic manipulation seems like a leap of logic to me.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Ryuko's scissor blade would probably not be very effective against a Lightsaber.
Has it been broken or remotely been hinted at as being able to be broken? If so, I guess I can vote for Obi Wan via hax and better weaponry.

KinkiestSins said:
Gargoyle One said:
Obi Wan via Mind Had and Sub Atomic manipulation
Mind had strongest ability in fiction lul.
But seriously, can mind hax do anything to ryuko damaging? I mean, mind hax, obi wan slices her and she regenerates.

And sub atomic manipulation seems like a leap of logic to me.
Elaborate, I see nothing suggesting that Obi-Wan can't mind screw her being Ragyo's mind manipulation is pathetic by comparison.

Also, can Obi Wan telekinetically grab her and toss her into space?

Back