• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Respond to what? Are you gonna say the differences don't matter? Or that the differences ain't true?

Respond to what? Are you gonna say the differences don't matter? Or that the differences ain't true?
How about you wait for a response to find out? I was not at home and so I needed to get back to form a response.

Anyways, out of the 8 differences you mentioned, in 3 of them, the novel doesn't contradict the manga, the anime does. And this has been the case always. The anime has made a few changes when compared to the manga too, but we do use it as supporting material don't we? For example the Light fang calculation uses the anime version because it doesn't contradict the manga but adds to it. The Novel would be used in the same way. That is the entire point of this thread. Nobody is saying that Boruto's vanishing rasengan should be made wind release because of the novels.

The premise of the thread is that the Novel should be allowed to be used as supporting material whenever it doesn't directly contradict the manga. In cases of contradictions, the primary source material will take precedence.

How about you wait for a response to find out? I was not at home and so I needed to get back to form a response.

Anyways, out of the 8 differences you mentioned, in 3 of them, the novel doesn't contradict the manga, the anime does. And this has been the case always. The anime has made a few changes when compared to the manga too, but we do use it as supporting material don't we? For example the Light fang calculation uses the anime version because it doesn't contradict the manga but adds to it. The Novel would be used in the same way. That is the entire point of this thread. Nobody is saying that Boruto's vanishing rasengan should be made wind release because of the novels.

The premise of the thread is that the Novel should be allowed to be used as supporting material whenever it doesn't directly contradict the manga. In cases of contradictions, the primary source material will take precedence.
They always ignore the main premises of the thread

Literally every canon for Boruto contradicts these events, It's not wise at all to cross the canons like this
"The manga agrees but the anime is different ".
How you gonna discredit a novel that follows the manga because it didn't follow the anime?

Like it follows the primary canon but somehow it is a contradiction coz the secondary canon didn't follow both?

"The manga agrees but the anime is different ".
How you gonna discredit a novel that follows the manga because it didn't follow the anime?

Like it follows the primary canon but somehow it is a contradiction coz the secondary canon didn't follow both?
The main premise is "accept the novelization for the manga and anime".

Get your head out of your asses and read the OP. 3 of yall already said the same stuff to me. Damn

Get your head out of your asses and read the OP. 3 of yall already said the same stuff to me. Damn
As supporting material, meaning that if a feat/statement exists within the novel that is backed up by either the anime or manga or both than it is applicable for use, you can't just manipulate the OP into giving a reason to disagree when there is none to begin with.

Why can't you see the bolded text? At this point it feels like you are playing ignorant. This OP is to accept the novel as supporting material nothing more, nothing less. We are not asking for the entire thing to be cannon, only certain parts of it

I think the main aim of this thread should just be to remove the discussion rule that prohibits the use of the novel since no such rule exists for the anime.

I think the main aim of this thread should just be to remove the discussion rule that prohibits the use of the novel since no such rule exists for the anime.
I don't understand why they are having a hard time understanding that we just want certain parts that is backed by either the anime or manga as support material, not the entire thing as cannon.

I disagree, because we have no way of knowing that something was excluded for the purpose of being made non canonical or not.

The precedence for other series is not using retconned material.
Again, the same applies to the anime. The anime has outright left stuff out. But it isn't decanonized as a whole.

I disagree, because we have no way of knowing that something was excluded for the purpose of being made non canonical or not.

The precedence for other series is not using retconned material.
We are not arguing about the entire novel being cannon, only parts of it as supporting material I they are backed up by either the anime or manga or both. For example, if Momoshiki blow up a planet in the novels but not in the anime or manga then we won't use that feat, but if there is proof that he did do it in the anime or manga or both then it should be applicable for use

We are not arguing about the entire novel being cannon, only parts of it as supporting material I they are backed up by either the anime or manga or both. For example, if Momoshiki blow up a planet in the novels but not in the anime or manga then we won't use that feat, but if there is proof that he did do it in the anime or manga or both then it should be applicable for use
I disagree, we don’t know this.

You said it should be, but left out the reasoning as to why

Naaa the premise was treating it a supporting material. The op is kinda suggesting we treat it as tertiary canon. With the anime secondary canon and the manga canon. The differences you brought up are as much as the difference between the anime and the manga. It doesn't decanonize the anime does it? The whole momoshiki fight there were differences in all 4 adaptations. All we will do is have a scale of preference and take the primary canon first for things that come out different in each source. Isn't that what we already do?
Picking the novel alone and saying it is not canon doesn't make sense. The argument from the op was about kishimoto being the executive director or something from what I can see.
All the things you brought up don't count as contradictions. They are just extra stuff added by different media interpretation and some minor stuff. Kinshiki stomping the ground? Sasuke using a chidori made sword instead of using a chidori amped sword. These are not huge differences to signify going against canon material.
And stuff like naruto using shadow clones is not contradictory. It is just added stuff. We know that's something he can easily do so I see no issues.
All in all I see no problem in this novel serving as a tertiary canon. Any parts that are directly contradicting primary canon we would take the primary canon in that instance

Uh, the lightning blade thing isn't inconsistent. Sasuke has been coating his sword in Chidori since the start of Part 2.
In the movie sasuke wasn't with a sword in kaguya dimension. He straight up made a sword with lightning. Like when he fought madara after getting six path

I don't understand why they are having a hard time understanding that we just want certain parts that is backed by either the anime or manga as support material, not the entire thing as cannon.
Because that doesn't work. You can't use a retconned event's events as support for main canon when it's literally 2 different plot lines. You'd end up cherrypicking what works and what doesn't.

Either the whole thing's canon or none of it is. You can't pick and choose "certain parts that work"

do we even accept the movie as canon? I don't think we do, so why would we use the novelization that's meant to be for a movie that we dont even accept as canon, for our profiles?

if you wanted to get the novelization canon you'd have to get the movie canon... which isn't happening for obvious reasons.

do we even accept the movie as canon? I don't think we do, so why would we use the novelization that's meant to be for a movie that we dont even accept as canon, for our profiles?

if you wanted to get the novelization canon you'd have to get the movie canon... which isn't happening for obvious reasons.
The OP makes a case for why the differences between the movie and the anime shouldn't decanonize the entire movie and it's novel.

So is the OP saying that the movie should be held on the same level as the anime when it comes to adapting manga content (secondary)?

and then the novel is a level below that (tertiary)?

So is the OP saying that the movie should be held on the same level as the anime when it comes to adapting manga content (secondary)?
No. The Movie and the Novel are both tertiary. They only come into play when we get confusing statements in the animanga. The reason we need this is because novels are way more descriptive and to the point when compared to the anime or the manga. But since we never got a novelization of the manga, the movie novel can be used to clear up some confusion.
anyone know how dragonball treats BoG and RoF movies in regards to the anime or manga?
Dragonball treats it's media way different than how Naruto treats it on this site.

Edit: No feat that is exclusive to the novels would be considered so rest assured on that regard.

No. The Movie and the Novel are both tertiary. They only come into play when we get confusing statements in the animanga. The reason we need this is because novels are way more descriptive and to the point when compared to the anime or the manga. But since we never got a novelization of the manga, the novel can be used to clear up some confusion.
Ok. Your (or the OP's) reasoning is for clarification. What in the movies or novels make clear that the manga makes rather unclear? If you can lay them out then that could potentially make for a better argument.

Because right now you (or the OP) are saying that there's stuff that the manga made confusing or unclear, without actually listing out what's unclear. To me it looks like you (or the OP) are making problems (not literally) where there isn't any, because you haven't actually given any examples towards your case.

Like for example if Boruto in the manga randomly used fire style and Boruto was like "Sasuke I finally perfected it", obviously that's confusing because we saw Sasuke teach Boruto but we never saw him teach him fire style, but if in the novelization or in the movie, we see Sasuke mention that he'd teach Boruto fire style, then that could potentially push towards the argument being made.

Example's kinda weird but I hope I made sense.

Ok. Your (or the OP's) reasoning is for clarification. What in the movies or novels make clear that the manga makes rather unclear? If you can lay them out then that could potentially make for a better argument.

Because right now you (or the OP) are saying that there's stuff that the manga made confusing or unclear, without actually listing out what's unclear. To me it looks like you (or the OP) are making problems (not literally) where there isn't any, because you haven't actually given any examples towards your case.

Like for example if Boruto in the manga randomly used fire style and Boruto was like "Sasuke I finally perfected it", obviously that's confusing because we saw Sasuke teach Boruto but we never saw him teach him fire style, but if in the novelization or in the movie, we see Sasuke mention that he'd teach Boruto fire style, then that could potentially push towards the argument being made.

Example's kinda weird but I hope I made sense.
Alright. For example in the anime Momoshiki says that he created his nursery that Naruto was taken to. Nursery is a vague term. But the novel makes it clear that Momoshiki created the parallel dimension.

Because that doesn't work. You can't use a retconned event's events as support for main canon when it's literally 2 different plot lines. You'd end up cherrypicking what works and what doesn't.

Either the whole thing's canon or none of it is. You can't pick and choose "certain parts that work"
Don't worry we are not looking to accept feats from the novel as cannon only thing that help add more information to the cannon material.

i dont really have an issue as long as its used as supportive meaning anything in the manga or anime should take precedence. we already do this with other series that have multiple versions of the same event that are also somehow canon.

I should also note that the movie's screenplay was adapted from Kishi's script (unironically the movie has objectively more input from kishi than any other boruto content barring Gaiden) and Kodachi was the writer of the novelization, the same person who wrote the Boruto manga for its first 53 chapters.

though on another note ,as someone who has read the novelization multiple times with better translations than what is used often off site , dont expect anything that will radically change the characters tiers (as im assuming this is likely the intent from some)

Last edited:
i dont really have an issue as long as its used as supportive meaning anything in the manga or anime should take precedence. we already do this with other series that have multiple versions of the same event that are also somehow canon.

though i want to note something as someone who has read the novelization multiple times with better translations than what is used often off site , dont expect anything that will radically change the characters tiers (as im assuming this is likely the intent from some)
So I guess we can put you in agree then. And yeah, nothing will really change tiers especially now that chakra isn't UES.

Last edited:
Back