• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not sure if this is the right board but shouldn't Superman (Man of Steel) be changed to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been several versions of live action movie Superman, so I think that the current name is all right.

But DCEU is what the shared DC cinematic universe is being called though. Sure Superman's profile is fine now but once Batman v Superman comes out, Superman (Man of Steel) won't quite fit with Batman (BvS) or Wonder Woman (BvS). Plus it just makes sense beccause once BvS comes out we will be seeing a lot more MCU vs DCEU battles here on the wiki and on other forums.

Well, DC Cinematic Universe in that case, I think.

Antvasima said:
Well, DC Cinematic Universe in that case, I think.
While DCCU sounds better IMO WB and Snyder officially have the shared universe as DCEU just like the Marvel Cinematic Universe is officially MCU. Here is an article confirming: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/7...ristopher-nolan-did-not-approve-of-batman.htm

And here is an excerpt: From what we've come to understand, Zack Snyder, his wife, Deborah Synder, and producer, Charles Roven, are all overseeing what they call the DC Extended Universe. This is Warner Bros' answer to Marvel's Kevin Feige.

Well, DC Cinematic Universe is much easier to understand and remember for visitors.

Antvasima said:
Well, DC Cinematic Universe is much easier to understand and remember for visitors.
Likewise we might get other visitors who are confused as to why the label is DCCU and not the official name. Perhaps, at your convenience, this is something for mods to discuss? I think the official term is the most important but I see your point. Hey we're getting a lot more of these shared movie universes. Like the recently announced Hasbro Cinematic Universe with G.I. Joe and the Micronauts lol: http://screenrant.com/gi-joe-micronauts-hasbro-movies-universe/

Expanded Universe sounds more like either parallel universe versions of the regular comics characters, or an undefined focus on any property whatsoever, so I think that DC Cinematic Universe, which we have used earlier, should suffice, and be easily understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back