• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(NOT SO STRONGEST 8-A ANYMORE ARIRIRIRI) Psylocke vs Misogi

The more I think about this, the more I'm thinking it might be a stomp.

Betsy can cast illusions to completely screw with his perceptions or even make it so that she appears as a random civilian walking through central park. She could also possibly make him forget what's even going on. This is on top of just knocking Misogi out from a distance by shutting down his mind and incapcitating him. Heck, they're in the middle of central of park, she could just start mind controlling the people around them to distract him and literally use her own stealth skills plus telepathic cloaking to just sneak up on him. Granted, that wouldn't be the best method but still...Misogi has no effective counter or restistance to any of this outside of not letting Psylocke do it in the first place.

And she can do that to him from at least a few kilometers away if not planetary range. Due to SBA, he wouldn't even ben near her. Misogi's chances of locating her and doing anything are kind of null and void, given what Besty could immediately do to him.

I mean this is basically a Star Wars fight tbh, so maybe like a borderline stomp?

As Iap said this was inconclusive and I conceded with him leading with anything on thought killing her

Alright, so here is what I am getting. If they start in line of site, then its inconclusive. If they start at 4 Kilometers, then Psychic girl stomps. Does that sound about right to everyone?

I don't think it's a stomp, but it's pretty goddamm close to one.

But shooting first due to range isn't a stomp, otherwise Luke and Grimmon would have ALOT of removed matches

IDRC What people decide though

I'm gonna be honest. I have no idea what Kumagawa would do from this range. The only type of character we have is in the Kumagawa anime episode (which even tho its canon) the wiki decided they don't think its canon. If we go based on that, you all probably won't like what he did in that situation

I mean all of his moves at this range aren't accurate enough to even land unless he knows where they are, so its a stomp in that regard

I mean, Kumagawa's screw spawn likely has to do with him visualising the screws spawned in them, so if he doesn't know where he is aiming or who he is aiming at, the best he could do is to use Leg Eating forest on all of central park, which I am pretty doubtful he could do anyway. The only reference we have for Kumagawa responding to long range combat was in the totally not canon but also definitely canon anime episode, which is a weird circumstance because both sides of that conflict were screwing around and both had already murdered the other at a previous time before

Also, Kumagawa just thought it was a prank, and intentionally did not take the fight seriously because that is what the other guy wanted. So his actions would be uncharacteristic, and the best we could do is try and desifer what he would do from his actions

Psylocke is the strongest psychic excluding jean and xavier

Psylocke has already mind haxxed atleast solar system level beings lol

Schnee One said:
If there's even one possibility out of many where he doesn't that still makes Psylocke win

In a match where it can go either way a character won't 10/10 times no matter what, there's going to be more then one possibly outcome

If one of those falls even slightly towards the other character, that's a win
A major part of me doesn't even want to participate in this anymore after reading both of these...

I mean, to each there own. We have kinda reached the point were its a stomp in Psy's favor if they are at max starting distance under SBA, and its inconclusive if they start in line of site

@King If theres something you have to say, you can say it, I am not perfect and I never will be.

So whats wrong?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I mean, to each there own. We have kinda reached the point were its a stomp in Psy's favor if they are at max starting distance under SBA, and its inconclusive if they start in line of site
We haven't actually.

We need to know if shooting first before getting into range is a stomp, or just another star wars fight

Oh. Well I would say most definitely. Unless they start in range, Kumagawa has 0% chance of winning unless he is bloodlusted, in which case that goes to inconclusive

I mean him not being naturally bloodlusted is the fault of his character, not the match being a stomp

CIS losses aren't stomp

I still genuinely want to know what King's issue was however...

You want me to be real for a minute?

This is one of my problems with debating on this wiki. The community has a bad habit of taking 2-5 instances of a person using one or two of their most broken abilities and trying to run with that as being the thing they're "100% guaranteed to start fights with", even though A) nine out of ten cases are shown to have plenty of counter-examples that contradict that, and B) what a character opens up with at any given point in their respective fictional work is oftentimes dictated by plot writing more than the character's actual personality and fighting style. I'll be blunt, it's no coincidence that some of these cases (ex: Bayonetta "time--stopping into Purgatorio", Calypso always starting with BFR which I had to put to rest myself after I realized how stupid and illogical that was in context) are debunked somewhere down the line due to being fallacious and utterly flimsy.

This is also part of the reason we have so many inconclusive matches. People go into threads shilling for their preferred character to "always open with X" to give them a better chance at winning matches instead of actually looking at other aspects like intelligence, fighting styles and terrain. It's tiresome, and even when people manage to get away with it, all they succeed in doing is killing a debate before it can even begin, or making it so that the only debate that can be had is a glorified pissing contest about what gets done in character and who can activate faster.

And that's why I've decided that I'm walking away from this thread. Looking at the two posts and the ones immediately between/after them, it boils down to two people seeing who can push one winning ability better than the other, which I'm sick of seeing and even more sick of being a part of.

Is this still not solved? I thought it was pretty clear that the match result is decided by Psylocke's first in-character actions. Does anyone here know how she'd act when facing someone for the first time? Given that Kumagawa is physically stronger than her I wouldn't call this a stomp, since he can very easily win with AF, BM, or by spamming screws, but it's almost entirely decided by her in-character moves. If she leads with anything conclusive she wins, as I said in my first comment. If she doesn't then she might lose since she can't tank his physical hits very well, and the more dangerous she proves herself the higher his chances of using AF or BM are.

So...does anyone know how she'd act in-character? Unless I know that I can't be sure who wins.

Schnee One said:
I mean him not being naturally bloodlusted is the fault of his character, not the match being a stomp
CIS losses aren't stomp

I still genuinely want to know what King's issue was however...
The other issue is that we have little to no info on how Kumagawa acts in long distance combat. I may just need to bite the bullet and go off of the 2 only situations I can think of. 1) is when he used his psuedo time stop to cross insane distances to reach the antarctic circle and save his friend. 2) When he erased the foundations of their power from the universe and then murdered them with screw spawn. He was fooling around, but only because the other guy wanted him to take it seriously and Kumagawa was specifically acting like it was a prank to piss him off. I still asert that its a stomp, but we honestly have no idea how he would act

A good amount of Gil matches have been closed beause he won't act in a fasion while in character that gives him a possibility of winning

Wait Psylocke has lead with combat many times throughout comics even in her own comics and I think way back in Uncanny X-men too

In a close quarter distance yes, from this range no

Although who did she fight? Pretty sure there's context behind it

Wait

Isn't Psylocke losing her 8-A key?

Due to Deadpool's feats apparently being outliers?

I'm pretty sure you told me that, Schnee.

Mr. Bambu said:
Wait

I never said she was losing it, I said she was going down to 8C via the feat being through regen

Why is that relevant in a hax match tho?

Mr. Bambu said:
Wait

If Psylocke wins by mind hax does physical attack potency matter?

And... Is it not this is a hax stomp in favour for Psylocke?

Back