• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(NOT SO STRONGEST 8-A ANYMORE ARIRIRIRI) Psylocke vs Misogi

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Has she effected them before? I know magneto and juggernaut both have their helmets that let them resist professor x, and although I dont know him in a VS sense, i know he is portrayed as insanely good lore wise.
She's gotten through Juggernaut's defenses twice, and Magneto's at least once.

Professor X has numerous planetary telepathy feats (including stomping another planetary telepath in a mental battle), and can contact people from half a star system away with his telepathy. So yeah, I'd agree that he's "insanely good".

I'd need to find it again, but I vaguely remember her getting through his helmet once.

Although I might just be thinking of Juggernaut. It's been some years...

So her hax probably would work on him. Him having raw planetary mind hax feats is good.

That being said, I don't actually see how she puts him down. She may be able to stop him from using AF while he is alive for a bit, but as soon as he goes down AF and him both get restored automatically.

It is also completely in character for him to Time Stop blitz to Book Maker and win that way, so this is inconclusive. He can likely still screw spawn to win, which is again completely in character, even if she blocks his other powers because, as far as I can tell, that comes from mastery over his art (in addition to his imaginary manifestation, which is a product of ones mental state, not a power the way we usually regard them) and not a direct power that is unique to him

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So MB mindhax is different from standard mindhax because it's based on Biology not mentality. So MB resistance to mindhax should actually be resistance to bio manip or everyone with mindhax resistance should have limited bio manip instead.
I would say it is better to think of it like they don't make the destinction at all. Mentality is a part of biology, and although we consider them different, the manga does not. I would say they should get both in some way

She doesn't need to put him down

"Be my slave" "Stop Fighting me" or "Hey you're on a date with me" work perfectly well in erasing why he's fighting or his ability to fight

Mindhax doesn't need to kill

Medaka box just considers the mind as more directly tied to the brain than a lot of verses. Even Warhammer has a gun that specifically messes with neural systems and stuff to destroy a target's mind, sometimes verses just do that.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
In that case, its about as likely that he just screw spawns her and wins right there. So it is inconclusive
How can he do that when he doesn't know he's fighting?

Wokistan said:
Medaka box just considers the mind as more directly tied to the brain than a lot of verses. Even Warhammer has a gun that specifically messes with neural systems and stuff to destroy a target's mind, sometimes verses just do that.
Yeah, that's about right. But I also want to make it clear that it does not play on the same metric of "mind haxing more people = more potent mind hax."

How?

I don't remember his abilities being thought based like Bookmaker

And even if he does use Bookmaker to make her on his level she crushes him intellect wise

Both are thought based, and work instantaneously.

All Fiction is. Time Stop Blitz to Book Maker is, for obvious reasons. Screw Spawning is nigh instantaneous, if not just straigh up instantaneous

Book Maker brings intellect down as well, and I doubt she would do so well to survive the shock of the downfall without the aid of her psychic abilities

Kumagawa does sometimes let the opponent open on them first, which is why he got sealed alongside Ajimu and Hanten by the style users. So since Psylocke would always open with something that would win, Misogi would only sometimes open with that.

Also, Bookmaker reduces intellect as well.

Yeah, sometimes he lets his opponent have the first move, but if we take all of his random choices of how he starts depending on what he ate for breakfast kek, then it would be more likely that he Screw Spawns, Time Stop Blitzes, or something else. It is basically just a toss up on how this chaotic nuetral will act lol

If there's even one possibility out of many where he doesn't that still makes Psylocke win

In a match where it can go either way a character won't 10/10 times no matter what, there's going to be more then one possibly outcome

If one of those falls even slightly towards the other character, that's a win

Schnee One said:
If he does sometimes do this, if even once, he loses
How so? The times when he lets his opponent have the first move are times when he knows his target usually. Zenkichi or the Style users, but against someone relatively unknown, he has more often blitzed. Even in the cases where he knows his opponent, he is just as often if not more just spawned Book Maker or another screw inside them

So are you telling me that Psylocke has always 100% of the time openned with mind hax and never gone for melee or one of her other abilities in her life? She has never been somewhat confident and not taken an opponent as seriously as she probably should have? I'm gonna (X) doubt that. That's basically what you are pulling against Kumagawa at that this point. Its just a probability game who comes out on top in any given fight

Because first move means he's screwed.

Besides, If we used the logic that "He doesn't know the opponent so he won't let them get the first move" I can easily twist it around and say "He doesn't have knowledge on a random girl in skin tight suit in front of him so he wouldn't think and fight immediately"

That's the case for both of them, basically.

You seem to missunderstand exactly what I am doing. I am looking at how Kumagawa has started his various fights, and what was different about each time. I am saying he probably would not let his oppoenent have the first move, because the vast majority of the times he has given someone the first move, he knew them. Most of the times when he hasn't known somebody, he went for time stop blitz. I don't specifically know how Kumagawa would act if some person in skin tight suit walked up to him, but drawing from the other times he has been in an encounter with someone he didn't know, he time stop blitzed them

Incorrect, Psylocke on a frequent basis Mind attacks civilians to learn information easier, even when she isn't in a fight (That's actually her range justification)

Moreover, Kumagawa doesn't always finish off his opponents after blitzing them, so if he does, he speedblitzes her, infinite ends, and then she thinks

Kumagawa didn't know the style users.

That's cool, but they both know they are in a fight. When Kumagawa knows he is in a fight, then it is Book Maker Spawn or Time Stop Blitz to book maker.

That would be more due to Book Maker not being fatal and because the people he is fighting have a high surivivability. You or me would not surivive having a screw spawned into existence right in the center of our chest. At best, if she gets enough time to think after he screw spawns, then he mind controls her but she still dies.

Why do you think he knew the one that sealed him?

Fair enough on SBA

If it isn't fatal if he blitzes, she gets up and thinks.

There's a ton of different ceriabkes as to what he leads with, will he kill, or what will null

Meanwhile, we know Psylocke mindhaxes

Even assuming that barely tops the scales, it still gives a win to Psylocke

If it isn't fatal when he blitzes, she may take control, but she still dies from, you know, not having a heart

Let's go down the line on what he may do in character. Plus one if there is a segnificant precident for him doing it in these kinds of situations. Minus one if he did it once or twice:

Kumagawa Time Stop Blitzes to Book Maker (+1): She gets incap'd and sealed, he wins

Kumagawa Screw Spawns (+1): She gets up and incaps him, but dies from missing vital organs. Tie

Kumagawa Book Maker Spawns (+1): She gets incap'd, Kumagawa wins

Kumagawa time stop blitzes with regular screws: She gets up and incaps him, but dies from missing vital organs. Tie

Leg Eating Forest (-1): Toss up, either she survives the battle field long enough to mind hax or she simply gets sealed. Kumagawa or Psy wins.

He fools around, or gives her the first move (-1): She incaps

Essentially the only outcome where she reliably wins is if he fools around. Otherwise he is just as likely to win as she is.

Also, let me remind you that she may very well hesitate when she encounters him. The reason for this is that he lacks the usual presence that all people have, and although she could read his mind if she tried, she wouldn't initially register his existence in the usual way, and would likely hesitate for at least a bit. Do you know what she does in character when encountering a character with no presence?

<Time Stop blitzes to bookmaker

If he just blitzes he isn't going to assume she can fight back. He isn't going to assume a person he has zero knowledge on can do what she can.

SBA makes you know you're in a fight, it does not make you know what the other character can do or what action to take

Also, I actually want to see where his abilities are thought based, if there's proof of that I'd like to see it

<Do you know what she does when encountering a character with no presence

Mindhax since telepathy on the level of Xavier allows her to clearly see that he's there. You need to be able to block telepathy to be undetected on Xavier's level.

Don't ask me why Kumagawa starts with a book maker blitz. Ask him that kek. Point is, it is completely in character to time stop blitz and book maker someone he has no knowledge of.

Cool, what does that have to do with what he will do? If he knew what she would do, he would 100% go for the Time Stop to Book Maker Blitz. I was going down the line with him not knowing

You mean All Fiction or the Screw Spawn? He has used both without lifting a finger. He screw spawned that Aero Biker user (I forget her name) at the moment he changed his mind

I didn't say she couldn't see him. I said she wouldn't detect him immediately. Also, you seem to missunderstand. Kumagawa lacking a presence isn't really a mental ability. Its something that he lacks, not you. He lacks aura (which in Medaka Box, gives you the capacity to be distinguished and other things), which is what people usually use to detect him. She will probably be able to hear his thoughts, but not detect him. I'm not saying she can't effect him, I'm saying this will probably make her hesitate.

There's a difference between Not lifting a finger and it being thought based, besides he speaks whenever he's about to use it anyway

He doesn't know, so he won't see a girl in tights and go Time Stop Bookmaker blitz instantly.

Considering Xavier is able to detect a hivemind of people on the planet including Mutants that can literally turn invisible such as Mistique among billions of others I highly doubt presence concealment will do anything but get him mindfucked beyond comprehension

If you are implying it is word based, nah. Another thing is that he stated he is holding back All Fiction from erasing all of existence by focussing, so since he isn't talking all the time I don't see how it could be word based.

He is equally likely to go for the time stop blitz as he is to Screw Spawn and Book Maker Spawn. It is even more in character for him to do that than it is for him to time stop blitz with regular screws, and that is even more likely for him than leg eating forest or just fooling around and letting her use the first move. You seem to not get that a lot of what Kumagawa does does not make sense, he is legitimately deranged even if he is less so as the series goes on. Let me remind you that it is 100% in character for him to be sitting and having a casual talk with an old man, screw spawn said old man, undo said attack, and then kick a screw dead through his skull.

Its not presence concealment, nor is it invisibility. You see him, but you do not acknoledge him. Its the opposite of Oudo's abnormality. Oudo's abnormality is presence concealment, where his presence is so immense that he forces everyone to subconcsiously block him out of their perception. Kumagawa is the opposite. He lacks the thing that our brains use to distinguish that he is there. I'm not saying she can't see him, but if she detected that hive mind, would the first thing she would do is mind hax them immediately? Or would she do the more rational thing and stop for a moment and think?

Fair enough on in character, I concede

I don't see why lacking the thing that makes people able to perceive you makes it more difficult to detect, not being able to acknowledge that he is there through detection isn't an issue for people who can detect a hive mind through sheer telepathy alone.

Huesito88 said:
Just asking how does Misogi know where his opponent's are located?

He can't since he has no form of ehnhamced senses or form of detection

Okay, this might be a stomp

Huesito88 said:
Just asking how does Misogi know where his opponent's are located?
I mean they are sitting in central park and there is one person in tight spandex while everyone else is in civilian clothes. Kumagawa is at the very least genre savy enough to know who he will be fighting, if he is indeed in central park to fight somebody. I'm also pretty sure he at least knows who he is fighting

If not, it may be a stomp

Back