• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not so minor FGO revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah man, i don't mean to supporting that she'a the worst, but rather want OP to take that word back because that an over exaggerating comment >:v

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Agreed about those being only illusions. Not to mention, the anime is secundary canon. That would simply be disregarded with nothing else in the main material to support that she can do that, if it was indeed duplication.
Actually.

Feathered Fan of the Tengu ┬À Windstorm Rank: B Type: Anti-Army Range: 1~30 Maximum number of targets: 300 people

This is a reproduction of the game in which she stealthily used the feathered fan her teacher had.
The main effect is obviously causing a windstorm, but the feathered fan is said to have a wide range of abilities like multiplicatio, flight, shukuchi, flame manipulation, exorcism of demons…

The Skills of her Summer Self is just her, when she was still in training.

Really? The Spatial is not there though? Because there a lot of servant that have A rank magic resistance. And there's also the scan on Archer breaking it and he only have D rank.

@Johm

You do know that is with the feathered fang, which she doesn't have in her normal form, right? That's kinda the point.

And Archer boosts his MR with Kanshou and Bakuya. That's also how he smacks Caster's blasts aside despite being way weaker than them.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
@Veloxt
no
I will not agreeing to this revision until you removing it

JK but seriously, this is massive exaggerate tbh, after Agartha she's pretty much become better and better, heck even her interlude shaping her really well

I agree with most of it. I don't agree with Jalter's range for same reason with Lance tho. Also Resistance to BFR too, it should be for A only.

@Monarch

That's extremely specific.

Class Skills can be crossed or acquired, it just means that being summoned as this Class AUTOMATICALLY gives you the Class Skill(s) even if you have no business possessing it/them as a Servant.

Also, on the topic of Kanshou and Bakuya, those are Chinese treasures used in the War of Investiture. The real deal can one-shot Caster Gilles's Gigantic Horror with its properties alone. Emiya being able to create a copy of those blades would boost his MR by way of being able to 'recreate their legend'.

Not automatically, no. Many casters, as an example, should have Tool Creation but they don't.

It is not said why they can boost his Magic Resistance, just that they do. There's no mention of slaying beasts for the reduced version, so is fair to say it doesn't have that ability at all.

I agree with most if not all of it, some of it im a little iffy on but others have been or are being discussed them.

Lancelot, I'm going to need some examples on that.

Also, Nasu was asked in an interview (or some event, I forget, it was before the time of FGO's creation) and he gave this answer. Type Moon has always treaded really carefully around Chinese stuff, and his answer of the original's ability was recorded pretty clearly. Imma try to find some sources, but doing your own research on the topic would help a lot.

Caster Gilles doesn't have it. Amadeus doesn't have it. Tamamo doesn't have it. Nursery Rhyme doesn't have it. There needs to be some basic basis, no matter how little, or the skill is a no go, even class skills. Making an space advantegeous to one self is the basics of basics if you can do rudimentary magic, so most/all of them get it (even if some of them work a lot different).

If there is some official stuff you could actually pull out, that'd be great yes.

No arugment with Gilles, but he shouldn't even have been summonable as a Caster IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Tamamo--Fox's Wedding: A tampered version of the skill Item Constructio, that allows her to shower an individual or ally with blessings and gifts.

Mozart--I think it was mentioned that his Item Construction Skill was limited entirely to musical instruments and didn't have any value in combat. (I may be wrong on this one. After all I don't have all the settings and books committed to memory...)

Rhyme--Trump Soldiers: An ability of Caster where she can create the spear-wielding card shaped soldiers from Alice in Wonderland. I think it counts as a replacement for Item Construction as part of her NP.

Neither should Hans. And unlike Hans, Gilles has an item that does the work for him.

That's a personal skill. And one that she didn't even have. As the profile notes, she created it after due to meeting with our favorite 3 sword user. You see she doesn't have it in Extra.

Really? Can't find anything like that anywhere.

Not sure it does, I'd imagine it'd note that it is derived from there if it was, like Shakespeare's Enchant and Tamamo's Fox wedding. Plus again, that's a personal skill. We were talking about class skills.

Regarding Hans, he's right up there with Shakespeare in terms of fame. He absolutely qualifies as a Servant. Given his legend, there's no other Class he could be summoned in except Caster.

Shakespeare's Enchant is a Personal Skill, but because it already has the function that could pass as Item Construction, the Skill's rank is raised, and Item Construction is not given to the Servant again. Same goes for other 'replacement' Personal Skills.

Yes, but my point is that Gilles actually has a book to cast magic for him, and still he doesn't have the thing.

The thing is, again, Tamamo's version didn't exist until she made it, and Rhyme's skill has no relation of any sort, mentioned or implied, to the skill. Point remains, it is rare, but class skills ca be missing with due justification.

Hm...as far as I know, they'd almost always have a replacement or something that passes for it.

Well, let's give it to them as a 'Likely' before we get confirmation. How about that?

That works better, though I would go for it at least with some amount of sufficient proof or convincing argument.

After all, it is odd for something not to be said even if deeper details are thrown in the air on the profiles for the characters, especially so for the material books, so lacking a skill would normally be enough for me.

Thank you to all staff members and former staff who are helping out here.

Have you reached a conclusion?

The main accepted propositions were already added. Lance and Zen were discussing something else, but i think they are done for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back