• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not all Powers and Abilities page should be locked

Byakuya_"Senbonzakura"_Kuchiki

VS Battles
Retired
Hello everyone I would just like to know why every Powers and Abilities page gets locked even though like there's nothing really controversial or irrelevant to get added. It's not like there will be someone who will go to that page all the time just to mess around with the informations.

Pages like Immortality and Regenerationn should be locked as those ones really important since a lot of characters here have those kinds of abilities. Only like the really important pages and controversial ones should get locked imo.

All powers and abilities are kinda important though, due to being linked to by at least a few hundred pages. (or at least they should be at least that important)

Other than for characters there technically is also no need to review content at times. What I mean is that once such a page is finished it is technically finished and doesn't require changes anymore for all eternity.

Though a lot of the powers and ability pages could use some improvement, but I think for that they can be unlocked / an admin could just copy an improved version of the source code over that is given to them and approved by them.

Well I mean there's a few that are not that common like Vehicular Mastery one since you know not all the characters uses vehicles for combat and even though they are kind of important it shouldn't be locked at all unless if necessary like I said if people are coming in just to mess it up.

IIRC at the time we decided to have ability profiles, we said that we aren't the superpowers wiki and hence only abilities that are quite common should be created. Maybe that changed sometime, don't remember ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

If vehicular mastery would be more consistently linked it would likely be common, though.

Less than direct vandalism often well intentioned, but not helpful, edits would be the problem, though. Like for example adding every character with the ability that you know (or everyone their favourite) to the users or stuff.

Not that it is that important that the profiles stayed locked per se. I guess it wouldn't be that much work to maintain. It's just that once they are high quality I see no reason to have people edit them (so a lack of any pros).

Hmm I don't remember that but I might've missed it so who knows tbh \_(Òâä)_/┬»

Well yeah sure it might be likely but then again not a lot of characters will be having that kind of ability since there's hardly of common characters who uses cars for combat and stuff. Only like Dominic Toretto from F&F series and a few others do.

Some could do it for the lolz like say this character can drive they'll go to their profile and edit it to add Vehicular Mastery just cause they can drive or something.

Well not all characters will be added in that page. The characters there are just an example.

Back