• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Enryu The Red Tower said:
Natsu still had enough reaction time to PN the aura explosive during the burst growth that had not yet fully reached Natsu and this could at least have diminished the damage he had received from the explosion but did not
If natsu use flame without any plan,acno end up consuming it and start draining natsu magic,he did it agaisnt jellal when jellal wrapped himself in meteor. Natsu didnt want to give his all power to acnologia

@9TailAcno

But at this point Acno was causing the explosion he was at the epicenter of it, there was no way he could eat Natsu's fire and at the same time use his explosive aura at epicenter.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Well, it depends on how the power null works
Natsu's PN is something he does randomly in fights and is not passive or not activated when Natsu wants to.

And I mean, I'll bet Natsu had 40 or 50 fights in the all FT and how many times did he use the PN in fights? 3 times?

It's against three people. But yeah, I think we should add a note in Natsu's page that the power nullification only applies when he's at the height of his emotions. Really, it seems to work randomly and I've said this a few times now.

As for nullifying attacks, it has been agreed that nullifying attacks should not work on stronger people without feats. Natsu can still take it if he uses his powers the same way the other dragon slayers do.

But the last time I tried to argue for him like that, it didn't go down so well, so....

His powernull is basically "burning" hax. So things that are instantaneous (like projectiles), that can't be burned because they don't interact via projectiles, AoE, etc. (like a guy who just needs to think in order to mindhax people, with nothing else happening) and abilities that affect the caster and not the opponent obviously won't be affected by Natsu's null. From that point of view, the PN has been relatively consistent (Flames of emotions and whatever form he was fighting Zeref with seems to be more general with what they can null though).

Gargoyle One said:
^That removed the Lucifer match doesn't it
Hmm, well that match was always a stomp for Sirzechs, in my opinion. Putting other instances aside, we can see that Gray was the one to save Natsu from Memento Mori. True Form Sirzechs; his Power of Destruction is better than Memento Mori in the sense that it seems to work faster without anything to stop it. Trihexa's consciousness was getting erased on contact, and even when he's being casual and holding back, it can expand to the size of half an island in an instant. He can control it like his hands and legs; it can erase or move around attacks and bypass and circumvent defenses entirely.

About the power nullification, we should add in his page that it only works when he's at the peak of his emotions. Even then, that's being kinda generous because there are situations where Natsu's angry or worked up but he doesn't nullify powers. There's no denying that it's sporadic.

(By the way, isn't the scan for Zeref's Mid Regenerationn more like Type 2 immortality?)

Yep, I know that. The guy with red eyes.

Anyway, what's the consensus about Natsu using the abilities of the dragon slayers? Do we assume that he can use them the way they use it themselves?

It's understandable. Plus, the form's only been used once so far so he might actually be able to do that, we just don't know that yet.

Back