• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Non-Linear Tiering

What if VS Battles used Non Linear Tiering?

What verses would qualify for what tier?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/up...0/111308723/7147803-first sample rotate 2.jpg

Axis 1: (Quoting directly from the source in case no one wants to click it)
The FIRST axis of the Tiering System concerns Attack Potency levels, or Raw Power levels, and most importantly "Cardinal" tiering.

Tier F: Finite

Characters whose power is not Infinite.

Sub Tiers:

• Tier F3: Earth and Below
  • Tier F2: Multi-Planetary to Multi-Galaxy
  • Tier F1: "Unquantifiable Levels of Power below Infinity"

Tier E: Bottom Laddered

Characters who can destroy, create or affect Countably Infinity, to Uncountably Infinite Numbers of Infinite Universes.

Tier D: Low Laddered

Characters who can can destroy, create or affect an Uncountable Infinite Size of Type IV Multiversal Structures.

Tier C: Mid Laddered

Characters who are Finite Layers above any Type of an Uncountably Infinite Number of Universes.

Tier B: High Laddered (click for discussion thread on Linear Power)

Characters who are at least, Countably Infinite Levels of Infinity.

Tier A: Non-Linear Power & True Platonic Concept (click for discussion thread on this Tier)

Characters who cannot be measured by, and unbounded to the Concept of Linear Power and Cardinal Tiering Values or Addable, Additive Power. Or Continuum Power.

Axis 2:

Type 5: Energy / Matter | Non-Conceptual​

Characters who affect reality, forces, entropy, energy, and matter with Raw Force, Mental Power or Telekinesis. Even Magic, Science or Supernatural means, but never truly VIA affect any Conceptual Level.

Type 4: Concept Physics / Geometries | Aristotelian Concept​

Characters who can affect, manipulate or destroy the Physical Cosmos (but do not transcend it, and can be reverse-harmed by it). By channeling the Limited Essence Concepts that essence these constructs.

The concepts and dualities that these characters manipulate are Nominal to Aristotelian Concepts, bounded by the object and may either be contained within the object.

As well as, the Emotional and Outcome Concepts that are formed within the construct.

Type 3: Conceptual Physics+ | Aristotelian Concept+​

Characters who are (or who can harm) the conceptual constructs that contain the Aristotelian conceptual and duality functions that then contain Laws, Science, Mathematics, Physics, Gravity, Time, Space, Math Geometries, and the Concepts bound within those Mundane functions.

Characters who transcend a Multiversal Book, that contains all of reality, while not being affected by its Aristotelian Concept may also apply.

note:

• May still be harmed by Type 4 power.
  • These characters are transcendent over what conceptually fundamentalizes and contains Multiversal Physica Reality.

Type 2: Power of Imagination I | Deep Pure Conceptual​

Characters who are transcendent over realities and constructs and forms that even conceptually contain reality geometry physics and possess several and many arsenals of Metaphysical Conceptual/Duality Powers aka. Hax.

They are also unbounded by, and superior to Geometry Dimensions and even the concept of Geometry Physics/Math dimensions, conceptually, but still bound by Linear Power somewhat.

• These characters are not necessarily always inferior to Type 1s on a P4P quality basis.

Type 1: Power of Imagination II | Pseudo Platonic Concept

Characters who fundamentally outsource concepts, dualities, reality, space and time, and even that of other conceptual objects that transcend reality, and are extremely deep within meta-potency.

note: These characters are not necessarily always non-immutable to Type 2s.

Type A: Non-Linear Power & True Platonic Concept (click for full discussion on this tier)

Characters who cannot be measured by, and unbounded to the Concept of Linear Power and Cardinal Tiering Values or Addable, Additive Power.

Type O: The Boundless | Omnipotence

Supreme Characters (or concepts) that are Completely Boundless to all Trans-Dualities, Archetypes, Changes, Concepts and are Absolute, Omnipotent, Supreme and Ineffable. End-Point.

Tier A and Tier O are the same as Type A and Type O for both axis.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...ring-system-ver-3-for-multiversal-ab-2055787/ (Original source, credit goes to him)

How did Battler end up above Featherine? That's really the only question I'm having here lol

el-risitas-happy.gif

I care about tiering systems more than I care about where characters place in them, so I'm gonna run through my worries with this system instead:
  1. Going from F3 to F2 it seems like lower numbers = stronger character, but then there's F1 which sounds like it should be weaker than F3. What unquantifiable levels of power are there above multi-galaxy but below infinity that aren't just completely unknown? Is it talking about, like, cross-timeline stuff?
  2. It's strange to me that being a finite number of layers above an infinite multiverse is considered above a Type IV multiverse. Type IV multiverses are ******* insane, and I wouldn't expect them to have trouble containing layers.
  3. The wording for some of those types is a little strange; C and B should be consistent, and A uses terms that seem strange to me.
  4. I find it strange that the conceptual axis at the start seems to be talking about the potency of the character's abilities, but in the later parts seems to require them to actually exist/transcend those levels themselves. I'd prefer some more consistency there.
  5. Although I'm not big brane enough to truly analyze it, some of the conceptual tiers feel a bit redundant or like there's a bit of crossover. Like the creator was trying to fit 7 levels onto each axis and had to fudge the conceptual portion a bit.
Also I lied, I just noticed that pic has a character I'm familiar with. Najimi Ajimu, at E-3 3-2. This post defines E-3 as being capable of destroying a countably infinite multiverse. Putting aside my preference for putting Ajimu at "busting a single universe" level, I don't really understand how anyone could put her at infinite multiversal, especially if you're separating conceptual shenanigans and power stuff. I can't find a breakdown of conceptual Type 3 into its subcategories, but just looking at Type 3 generally, knowing the ways people argue MB I know why Ajimu got put there, but I disagree with those reasons.

Still, I am very very glad to see other approaches to tiering systems being attempted. Even if I don't find them ideal, this is better than all the places that still do "Omnipotence > Nigh-Omnipotence > Multiversal > Universal..."

And I'm happy to see that the familiar face of @Nepuko helped out with it :3

Last edited:
  1. Going from F3 to F2 it seems like lower numbers, but then there's F1 which sounds like it should be weaker than F3. What unquantifiable levels of power are there above multi-galaxy but below infinity that aren't just completely unknown? Is it talking about, like, cross-timeline stuff?
probably
  1. It's strange to me that being a finite number of layers above an infinite multiverse is considered above a Type IV multiverse. Type IV multiverses are ******* insane, and I wouldn't expect them to have trouble containing layers.
seems strange to me
  1. The wording for some of those types is a little strange; C and B should be consistent, and A uses terms that seem strange to me.
agreex2
  1. I find it strange that the conceptual axis at the start seems to be talking about the potency of the character's abilities, but in the later parts seems to require them to actually exist/transcend those levels themselves. I'd prefer some more consistency there.
yeah i would prefer if they specify that if you have higher metaphysical depth then your opponent can't harm you, IN the tiering like they do in the thread. a great analogy for this is a playground child vs you with irl fists. the playground child's powers are metaphysically insignificant, being made out of imagination rather than fists with matter. That's at least how I understand it.
Also I lied, I just noticed that pic has a character I'm familiar with. Najimi Ajimu, at E-3 3-2. This post defines E-3 as being capable of destroying a countably infinite multiverse. Putting aside my preference for putting Ajimu at "busting a single universe" level, I don't really understand how anyone could put her at infinite multiversal, especially if you're separating conceptual shenanigans and power stuff. I can't find a breakdown of conceptual Type 3 into its subcategories, but just looking at Type 3 generally, knowing the ways people argue MB I know why Ajimu got put there, but I disagree with those reasons.
lol at 2-A Ajimu

I always found non linear tiering fascinating, and to this day this remains the only time I saw someone actually seriously try to make it work.

I always found non linear tiering fascinating, and to this day this remains the only time I saw someone actually seriously try to make it work.
Is it a general concept outside of the person on comicvine trying to make it work? Because I've seen some ways of doing tiering that aren't just AP. A person on the wiki made some really good hax tiers, and a person on whowouldwin made some really awful multi-axis tiering system that, among other oddities, included energy projection as its own category, which gave points contributing to a total rating.

I'm with Agnaa here. The specifics are a bit messed up and the system overall needs some serious polish, but the attempt of making a new type of tiering is a very laudable thing. I've attempted before and it is incredibly hard, so I can only congratulate the people involved for the effort.

Yeah, the tierring system here is pretty impressive how someone came up with it with all the info stacked, though it did have lots of changes and improvements.

but can it work for vsbw?
Any system could be made to work, we're just a website, we can index however we please. But I don't see vsbw changing to this any time soon, we already have conceptual stuff separated into our Conceptual Manipulation page. No need to make it a part of a character's tier.

Back