• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair I guess, but it still doesn't actually apply to power anyways, it multiplies the speed of Ominous Nebula, that doesn't directly scale to Attack Power

Good point the japanese scan only seemed to mention suction speed and not intensity like in the translation. So the 2x multiplier might not scale to the AP but it will scale to speed. Heh it's funny how normally the multiplier scales to the AP and not the speed but in this case it's the opposite.

Time to revise the speed then. I have issues with the current calculation, and the lightning feats need to be re-calced

It wouldn't scale to actual physical speed of the characters, it's the speed of the vacuum itself which is unquantiable in speed at the moment

@M3X Which calculations? Meliodas reflecting Gilthunder's lightning? Galand's speed? Meliodas blitzing lightning? Or is it all of them?

I see. Well I guess we should probably finish up the AP revision and make part 3 about the speed after everything is recalced.

Is it going to be anywhere around 6-C+? Cause if not it's kinda useless as currently they backscale from 6-C+.

AP of Ominous Nebula or Zel's AP in general? Cuz if it doubles in speed then it doubles in AP since the attack is literally fast moving tentacles.

The multiplier applies only to the Speed of Ominous Nebula, increasing the speed of Ominous Nebula also increases the power, but it's not linear, hence why we can't scale the Power to 2x and even then, it's not universal stats, his normal physical stats and speed increase however it's not applied to the 2x multiplier

I'm not going to dig too much into this since I've been really stressed lately.

1. If there are several pieces of evidence of Full Counter being "several times" stronger than the spell it reflects, 3x is safe to assume. Scaling-wise, however, is a bit more delicate. It should be granted for those who show they clearly tank the attack without much issues.

2. I suppose the energy should be halved since both Escanor and Meliodas were inside the Perfect Cube.

3. If the statement is for Ominous Nebula's speed and nothing else, assuming any multiplier for anything else is flawed.

On second thought why would it be just a speed increase for Nebula when demon form is an overall stats boost. Makes no sense if it's just for 1 attack. Also saying Nebula is doubled that doesn't mean his other stats are doubled, just increased won't also make much sense.

There is no reason for the Cruel Sun's value to be halved and then applied to Escanor. Both of them tanking the blast is not the same as a combined attack.

Damage3245 said:
@Steve Rogers1; what do you mean?
It was a response to point #2 of Calaca's recent post. Meliodas being present in the explosion does not suddenly mean Escanor only tanked half of the full countered cruel sun.

@Steve Rogers1; at the same time though, it would be wrong to say that Escanor tanked the entire value of the Full Countered Cruel Sun.

Why? Perfect Cube is small as **** and the explosion covered it entirely. He did tank the entire full cointered cruel sun.

Regarding Zeldris, it was stated that both the speed and intensity of ON were increased, in this case intensity means its strenght.

Escanor dodged the actual attack and was hit by the explosion. Given how explosions work, being away from the epicenter actually means he only tanked a small portion of the total energy.

@Ah Gou If Demon Mark is explicitly multiplying ON's speed, you can't assume it's the same for normal speed, let alone any other stat, without evidence. DM can very well be a stat boost, bit without clear evidence directly referring to it, a multiplier must not be assumed.

@SteveRogers Meliodas was inside the Perfect Cube as well. Saying that both tanked the 100% of the blast is wrong as they weren't sharing the energy around them. A % was tanked by Escanor's body while the rest was by Meliodas.

This is making it seem more and more like Assault Mode can't really scale to Full Counter. It just doesn't add up at this point.

And yes, it also reflects on the inside (thats why Merlin used it as a prison for Mel)

https://i6.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/231/nanatsu-no-taizai-9678373.jpg

https://i8.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/231/nanatsu-no-taizai-9678379.jpg

https://i4.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/232/nanatsu-no-taizai-9678511.jpg

Cruel Sun was reflected back at Escanor by Perfect Cube.

"Meliodas was inside the Perfect Cube as well. Saying that both tanked the 100% of the blast is wrong as they weren't sharing the energy around them. A % was tanked by Escanor's body while the rest was by Meliodas."

And that doesnt even make any sense, the explosion wont do less damage just because there was other guy in the range of the attack. If Naruto throws a Bijuudama and two people get caught in the range of explosion would they be sharing damage? No, thats ridiculous.

> If Naruto throws a Bijuudama and two people get caught in the range of explosion would they be sharing damage?

Err, yes. How is that ridiculous?

It's not like the total energy of the technique is doubled if it hits two people instead of one.

Tripled not doubled. And Perfect Cube only reflects the damage back to the attacker. Escanor is the one who used the attack so he was likely the one who tanked the reflected energy from the full countered Cruel Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back