• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nightwing VS Daredevil - Death Battle Edition

Not being Yang vs Tifa or or Goku vs Superman 3's about one of the lowest standards you can get. Mario vs Sonic is one of the most toxic and headache inducing vs fights out there. One of the few areas where the Mario fans can almost rival Sonic's in aggressiveness.

Spoilers for this Death Battle
The fight itself is awesome, but the verdict... Shit tier beyond Yang vs Tifa and Balrog vs TJ Combo. Why DD can be stunned by some batarangs when a big sound cannon by Klawe cannot defeat DD... Why is DD only "matching" NW in speed when he has several DIRECT feat of MHS+ or even higher... What a pity... What a shame the good effort with ismahawk is wasted by a poor verdict, ruining the whole episode in total. *I am speaking like Mephiles now...*
Spoilers for the next Death Battle
Mario vs Sonic Rematch - why an episode 100 to be traditionally animated for this one? This should be done in 3D models.

Remaster or rematch? There's a difference. Is this like Samus vs Boba or Goku vs Superman 2? If it's the former, then it doesn't matter as Sonic's winning anyway. Still, I'm looking forward to the next Death Battle. Mario should win for the same reasons Android 18 beat Captain Marvel. Via destroying him in base before he can reach Super state. Not to mention that Mario has more hax than Sonic. Though given Death Battle's previous takes on Mario vs Sonic battles, Sonic will probably win as their power-ups cancel out and Sonic's faster according to them and has his spines to fall back on.

My blue blurry boi can't reach that speed without being kissed by a princess (I kid you not).

Yes, I know about the events of Sonic 06. I still think the idea that Mario is faster than Sonic is bullshit no matter which versions they're in tbh

Well Nintendo has been much more commercially successful than Sega in the past years, but this does not directly mean Mario is more powerful than Sonic after these years.
I still believe Mario may win Sonic in this rematch - because a rematch can only be justified under a combination of reasons: (1) new updates drastically update characters that would change the verdicts, (2) that rematch is super hot requested, and (3) even SA knew they screwed.

With the next Death Battle, they said it was with "new rules," so I think it'll be like Goku vs Superman where they take every possible form, weapon, and powerup they can find. Either that or the universes fight each other, like Cartoon Fight Night did that one time.

Spoilers for this Death Battle
Nobody is even talking about this battle anymore - not even with spoiler brackets.

I doubt there will be total wars like CFC/CFN.

But... The change of rules may imply that they can now pick the version of characters used and the battle format involved, so... Death Races, Death Eating Contests, or non-murderous cook offs are all possible.

Also, they may spell character versions and key phases used and do some verse and stat equalisation.

The discord chat I'm a part of, (which was formerly Screwattack's forums) primarily agrees with how they handled Nightwing vs DD. And they arguably nitpick and criticize the show more than this wiki does, so make of that as you will.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Why do they use composite versions for some of the characters and not just all of them?
Spoilers for this and coming episodes of Death Battle
Are you asking why SA adds Teen Titans abilities and feats for Nightwing but not Shadowland abilities and feats for Daredevil?
They believe the Shadowland abilities and feats are one-time boosts and are discarded from the classic Daredevil.

Or... Which episodes are you referring to?

I'm torn on DB, i mean the fights look visually cool and choreographed, but the research and leaps in logic are what put me off.

LightinAnt said:
I'm torn on DB, i mean the fights look visually cool and choreographed, but the research and leaps in logic are what put me off.
Spoilers for this and coming episodes of Death Battle

@LightinAnt

Right... Like they really want to do good matches, they want to make the match fun and entertaining... But they really could have done better in the research part, which may not even need much effort.

Wait... Maybe they pick stompy / spiteful matchups on purpose so that they could lessen their effects of poor research skills. Like you do not even need to research much on Optimus Prime vs Gundam to know and conclude that Optimus Prime stomps Gundam.

@Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff

Their general rule of a composite character is:

Characters with multiple incarnations (such as Link, Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Godzilla) will be composites combining the best aspects of their various incarnations, unless said incarnation is drastically different from other incarnations.

Actually Daredevil has sound dampeners within his mask.

In Daredevil #596 he was blasted by a sonic cannon from a police helicopter that was strong enough to vibrate a nearby news helicopter. Despite getting blasted by the sonics he was still capable of moving until the dampeners weakened the blast.

In another issue, he was blasted with a sound wave the supervillain known as Klaw and he was still able to hear him coming and soon beat him. However, in the process, his radar sense was knocked out. He powered through Klaw's blast despite being electrocuted and even beat him after getting struck by a bus.

On the subject, can someone give an actual link and explanation as to why Daredevil is small building level? It literally says Daredevil scales to Punisher, and the Punisher page says Punisher scales to Daredevil.

JohnCenaNation said:
The fight result was so accurate, I already knew Nightwing would beat Daredevil in a fight.
If this is the Shadowland DD you're talking about, then DD handily blitzes and dabs on Nightwing and ends it there.

KLOL506 said:
JohnCenaNation said:
The fight result was so accurate, I already knew Nightwing would beat Daredevil in a fight.
If this is the Shadowland DD you're talking about, then DD handily blitzes and dabs on Nightwing and ends it there.
What's a Shadowland DD? It is a non-canon fanfiction?

What.

You never heard of Shadowland?

No, it's not fanfic, it's canon.

Shadowland DD is Shadowland Daredevil.

Looks like Screwattack never talk about Shadowland DD in Death Battle like at all.

While what we know are that Shadowland DD is a description for DD after some events involving Lady Bullseye, Kingpin, the Hand and Norman Osborn. He united five warlords of the Hand, a splinter group worked to corrupt his soul, Daredevil was possessed by the Beast due to the actions of the Snakeroot. Murdock returned to New York City and built a large fortress over the spot where Bullseye destroyed the apartment building and called it Shadowland.

I believe SA does not bother talking about this and (should they wish to) they would just say this is an unstable outlier form like Carnage Cosmic that does not represent the original DD and the original DD cannot tap into this form by himself.

JohnCenaNation said:
KLOL506 said:
What.
You never heard of Shadowland?

No, it's not fanfic, it's canon.

Shadowland DD is Shadowland Daredevil.
Nope, is it an alterate universe?
No, it isn't. It's another form of Daredevil.

It's clearly shown in shadowland that being possessed by the beast gave him powers far beyond what he's normally capable of, it makes since screwattack didn't mention it.

Back