• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nightmare Moon fights Daybreaker but not really

Grace is over, this can be added now

End of story

The Dawnbreaker's ring glowed brightly before shutting down, along with everything else around him. All light disappeared, leaving only horrific constructs that destroy all. Crunching and snapping and screams of the princess of the night disappeared into the void of space. Little by little, light returned and all that was left of the princess was a mangled corpse. But something was wrong and the fallen lantern stood in place, unmoving. A few minutes later, a portal opened up and out came the creature that started it all, a smiling figure, the Batman who Laughs.

"I assume you had a great time at the land of magic horses. Make them fear the dark once more, huh?" asked the smiling one before noticing the carcass "Would you look at that, you killed their ruler! She doesn't appear so majestic when the lights are out".

The Batman who Laughs began poking at the carcass and in an instant, the Dawnbreaker's ring glowed.

"Do not touch the queen..." said the fallen lantern, an odd glow surrounding him.
"Bruce? I never thought of you as a sim..." said the smiling one before being silenced.

Meanwhile back on earth, Twilight and Celestia looked around anxiously, waiting for the prophecy to fulfill itself. And yet even at the dead of night, Nightmare Moon did not arrive. The princess of the sun was not relieved by this revelation, fearing for her sister's life and worse, that something far more powerful has replaced her. She quickly teleported into the moon and that's when he saw, The Dawnbreaker, now dressed in dark blue clothes with green streaks, a symbol of the moon overlapping his lantern symbol.

"You must be the other ruler! As you can see, something went very wrong..." said the Batman who Laughs, now nailed to the ground with darkness closing on everything.
"Kill the sun. Activate blackout" said the Dawnbreaker, the darkness befalling everything around him as he chanted the poem Nightmare Moon so desperately wanted.

With darkness black, the sun shall fall
The darkest days will come for all
I'll vanquish light down to its core
And Nightmare Moon shall rule once more

Also I know the whole thing is supposed to rhyme but this poem grew on me when I wrote it the first time and besides, Dawnbreaker's working with what he's got

Last edited:
Back